• amazing soundtrack
  • great graphics
  • smooth gameplay
  • very creative level design
  • bosses aren't too easy
  • puzzle pieces are hidden really well

Cons

• pretty long loading times
  • hard to tell which levels you've already fully completed, an overview like in sm3dw would have been nice
  • it seems to be a pretty short game since I've already completed 3 out of 6 worlds and I've played maybe 5 - 10 hours

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,042. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

Completed world 3.

Pros

• amazing soundtrack
  • great graphics
  • smooth gameplay
  • very creative level design
  • bosses aren't too easy
  • puzzle pieces are hidden really well

Cons

• pretty long loading times
  • hard to tell which levels you've already fully completed, an overview like in sm3dw would have been nice
  • it seems to be a pretty short game since I've already completed 3 out of 6 worlds and I've played maybe 5 - 10 hours

It does, actually, dunno about while playing a level...but its on the pause menu. (Summary)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

sub12

1,043. Posted:

This game is amazing, probably my favorite Wii U game thus far, with Super Mario 3D World.....the genius level design and atmosphere makes up for any features left out, not that I really care about miiverse or gamepad utilization anyways. Also, the pro controller is the way to go.

Hopefully Retro has some DLC planned for this title.

Can't believe some of the reviews for this game have been somewhat mediocre. What other modern platformer has levels these awesome? Save Rayman Legends, nobody comes close, but I prefer DKC"s outdoorsy vibe.

sub12

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

1,044. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

Cons

1. pretty long loading times
2. hard to tell which levels you've already fully completed, an overview like in sm3dw would have been nice
3. it seems to be a pretty short game since I've already completed 3 out of 6 worlds and I've played maybe 5 - 10 hours

1. To me it wasn't noticeable. Except for the startup, the loading times are fast enough - for me anyways.
2. As Mizore said. ^^
3. 5 ~ 10 hours? There's a pretty big timespan in between. Let's say 10 hours and you've found all secret exits and k-level in these worlds - You can expect 10 hours more, that would make 20 hours. A good length for a game for that price.
It's hard to tell what you already played. Still if you find all puzzle pieces and KONG letters the game will do its job. And playing through the game a second time isn't that hard, because the atmosphere is amazing!

_____

World 4 is my favourite of all. Love the water levels. x3

Edited on by BlueBlurIxM

BlueBlurIxM

AuthorMessage

ghosto

1,045. Posted:

I'm done with this game the ice guys can have the island. It would of been a great game if the controls worked instead its a frustrating mess trying to control a disobedient ape. If this is the new low standard I can expect from Nintendo my Wii U will be joining the 360 in the trash if Nintendo is going to cut corners and charge full price for half baked games.

ghosto

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,046. Posted:

ghosto wrote:

I'm done with this game the ice guys can have the island. It would of been a great game if the controls worked instead its a frustrating mess trying to control a disobedient ape. If this is the new low standard I can expect from Nintendo my Wii U will be joining the 360 in the trash if Nintendo is going to cut corners and charge full price for half baked games.

I don't know what you mean, i thought the controls worked great in this game. Maybe try changing your control scheme in the options?

10000mario

AuthorMessage

sub12

1,047. Posted:

Try it with the d pad configuration, it works the best IMO.

It's not an easy game, but it's not as hard as some people are making it out to be........it's more or less in line with the rest of the donkey country series.

sub12

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,048. Posted:

I only have trouble with the underwater stuff.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

1,049. Posted:

ghosto wrote:

Turn on the PC-/Gamemode on your TV. It just can be your TV... Because, the game's controls are just fine..
"Full Price"? Well, what I payed for the game was just half of the usual prices that most of the industry charges. The price for this game is freaking reasonable for a great game like this. ;)

BlueBlurIxM

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

1,050. Posted:

Very pretty. I only did world 1-1 this morning and I've never played a Donkey Kong Country game. I like the lack of time limits and the controls are fine as far as I can tell.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,051. Posted:

Okay so I've beat the game took me almost 5hrs now to go back and find secret exists and do K levels.

The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,052. Posted:

@ghosto Either you're trolling or you're blaming your tv's latency issues on the game, itself, because the controls feel just fibe to me, and apparently everyone else on this board. Or maybe you haven't gotten used to DKs tight jump arcs or the timing. or maybe you're just bad and blaming it on the game. In any case, I know for a fact that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the game's controls, or I would've had a lot more trouble getting a Gold on any of the time attacks.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

Top 3 for Smash 4:
1) Lloyd Irving 2) King K. Rool 3) Krystal

Bottom 3:
1) Toad 2) Ridley 3) Miis

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,053. Posted:

SWEET! Just got a shiny gold medal on Zip-Line Shrine! No.15 on the online leaderboard atm! If anyone wants to add me for friend leaderboards, my ID is my profile name. But then again...it doesn't matter too much if they've got the number one available for watching.

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,054. Posted:

Quick question: Do you have to do the time trials to 100% the game?

10000mario

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,055. Posted:

10000mario wrote:

Quick question: Do you have to do the time trials to 100% the game?

Most people don't consider Time Attack part of 100%, no.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

Top 3 for Smash 4:
1) Lloyd Irving 2) King K. Rool 3) Krystal

Bottom 3:
1) Toad 2) Ridley 3) Miis

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,056. Posted:

Uploaded a non-boss level, sucks that they don't look well in WMV format though. T.T
Ah well, here's the level with the creepy dancing trees, lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzRfjPJA_E8

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,057. Posted:

@MasterWario
Nice job! Mind if I add you as a friend?

@Mizore
The trees are just happy, that's all :D
It is nice to see footage of someone who isn't rushing through the level.

And in other news, Amazon finally shipped my order, so it should be here on Tuesday :$

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,058. Posted:

Yeah, though at the end (after I died) I kinda was like saying "screw it" and went all semi-pro or something. xD
But yeah, might upload another level before I go to bed...but it seems like the boss battles run ok in WMV format, so...I'm uploading the 4th boss soon. :p

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,059. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@MasterWario
Nice job! Mind if I add you as a friend?

Not at all, friend!

Edited on by MasterWario

You sunk my battle sub!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Mizore

1,060. Posted:

Ok so this question was gonna show up eventually anyways....how did this game do on launch day? Anyone know yet?