Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,324

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,021. Posted:

10000mario wrote:

Has anyone here got a gold metal on level 1-1? I might not 100% this game because of those stupid time trials. :(

Best I could get was 2:18.94. That said, I only tried three times. The trick is to learn momentum techniques so that you don't have to slow down. Cranky's Cane Bounce carries your momentum, and that's what the top time on the Leaderboard, right now (1:34) uses heavily. Also, infinite roll is always good. Just try your best to time your jumps so you can skip obstacles and hopefully not get hit.

As for Gold, don't sweat it, too much. The timing is extremely tight. It's not gonna be a snap to do, but I'll try my best to at least bronze most stages, myself. Speedruns of this game are gonna be nuts.

Also, I managed to beat 1-K, but it's NOT easy. I found Diddy was my favorite to use, here, but I think Cranky has an advantage with the cane bounce. Either way, this is a tough one. DO NOT take it lightly.

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

What a horrible night for a curse...

AuthorMessage

L-ouie

1,022. Posted:

My prediction of my impression for Tropical Freeze after completing the final boss:

For a Wii U title it's overhyped. For a Donkey Kong Country title it's perfect.

hype train destinations: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, E3

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,023. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

My prediction of my impression for Tropical Freeze after completing the final boss:

Mind running that by me, again? I didn't quite understand what you were saying. No, seriously. I have no idea what you mean by this. How does it being a Wii U title change whether or not it's overhyped, and for that matter, wouldn't DKC be held to a higher standard than a Wii U game, and not the other way around?

Also, I'd like to change my previous statement and say that not only am I one puzzle piece short of 100% on World 1, but I also have two gold medals, one on 1-1 and one on 1-4. Lol, gold on a minecart level.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

turnmebackwards

1,024. Posted:

I finished it last night took me 9 hours it's pretty good game here is some pros and cons in my opinion.

Pros -
Stunning HD graphics really shows what the Wii U can do.
Really inventive level design.
Fun could not stop smiling when playing the mine cart levels & rocket barrel levels so much fun.
Co-op gameplay not played it yet but adds another element to the game.
One of the better Wii U games available.
Back to the SNES roots of platform gaming.
Really took advantage of the whole TV screen everywhere has something going on.

Cons -
When you loose Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong it makes the game a lot harder as Donkey Kong struggles to jump very high or fast.
Cranky Kong adds nothing to the game & is the worst of the lot.
Only 6 worlds could do with having more.
Boss battles lengthen gameplay in a bad way a lot mostly due to the fact if you fail on the final stage of the boss you have to do everything again.
Once finished the game no level select or way to see what you've collected & need to collect easily.
Gamepad is just black for the whole game unless using off-TV play.

Overall 7 / 10 is a fair score for this game.

turnmebackwards

Nintendo Network ID: turnmebackwards

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,025. Posted:

Cranky you can use to collect coins, bananas you otherwise wouldn't be able to get unless your willing to take damage by landing in a pit, also he is useful for enemies you cannot kill by bouncing on there heads.Like someone has pointed out he is going to very useful in speed runs.As you can use his cane bounce as you run and jump over a long pit, otherwise you'll lose time crossing the platforms plus he has quite a high bounce so for me he adds a lot to the game I love using him but I've not tried the Time Attack just yet tho.

I'm on Autumn Heights-Wing Ding 2-6, I'm taking my time as I love the DK game's especially this one.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,026. Posted:

Loving the game so far. loading times are a bit eh, but only a minor thing.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

devinias

1,027. Posted:

Is this better than super Mario 3d world? We have that and have beat it. Just wondering if I could use. That for trade in for this game.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0607-0425 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AuthorMessage

MrGawain

1,028. Posted:

devinias wrote:

Is this better than super Mario 3d world? We have that and have beat it. Just wondering if I could use. That for trade in for this game.

Although it's not 'better' than 3d world, it is different. It is difficult, but half the difficulty is in learning a new move set (You never had to press L2 to grab a Vine in Mario). You aren't running against a timer, but there are parts where you have to hotfoot or think fast to get past a section. Plus you'll see puzzle pieces and letters out of reach and wonder how the jiminy you're going to get them. The game is the prettiest thing on the Wii U, and has a lot of cut scenes that aren't far off of mind blowing. It's better than Rayman, Sonic LW, and NSMB and NSLU. All in all it will keep you smiling like 3d world did, but probably not for as long. I think it' great.

Smash Bros: who would win in a fight between Pikmin, Pacman, and Pokémon?

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,029. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

10000mario wrote:

Has anyone here got a gold metal on level 1-1? I might not 100% this game because of those stupid time trials. :(

Best I could get was 2:18.94. That said, I only tried three times. The trick is to learn momentum techniques so that you don't have to slow down. Cranky's Cane Bounce carries your momentum, and that's what the top time on the Leaderboard, right now (1:34) uses heavily. Also, infinite roll is always good. Just try your best to time your jumps so you can skip obstacles and hopefully not get hit.

As for Gold, don't sweat it, too much. The timing is extremely tight. It's not gonna be a snap to do, but I'll try my best to at least bronze most stages, myself. Speedruns of this game are gonna be nuts.

Also, I managed to beat 1-K, but it's NOT easy. I found Diddy was my favorite to use, here, but I think Cranky has an advantage with the cane bounce. Either way, this is a tough one. DO NOT take it lightly.

okay, thanks, best score right now for me is about 2minutes, I probably am just gonna go after the KONG letters and puzzles.

10000mario

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,030. Posted:

I've been listening to the full soundtrack on Youtube. I have so many favorites, so I'll just post a few.
Busted Bayou

Alpine Incline (Ground)

Grassland Groove

Scorch N' Torch

Amiss Abyss

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

metaversal00

1,031. Posted:

how do you unlock the secret levels?

metaversal00

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,032. Posted:

@metaversal00: Find secret exits at the end of certain levels that on the world map are next to black spaces that seem out of reach.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,033. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Cranky you can use to collect coins, bananas you otherwise wouldn't be able to get unless your willing to take damage by landing in a pit, also he is useful for enemies you cannot kill by bouncing on there heads.Like someone has pointed out he is going to very useful in speed runs.As you can use his cane bounce as you run and jump over a long pit, otherwise you'll lose time crossing the platforms plus he has quite a high bounce so for me he adds a lot to the game I love using him but I've not tried the Time Attack just yet tho.

I'm on Autumn Heights-Wing Ding 2-6, I'm taking my time as I love the DK game's especially this one.

Actually, even more than that. Cranky's Cane Bounce is absolutely invaluable for some of the Gold Medals, in this game. I couldn't have gotten the GOld on 1-1 without heavily abusing that cane bounce to avoid a lot of the curves of the level.

AuthorMessage

banacheck

1,034. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

banacheck wrote:

Actually, even more than that. Cranky's Cane Bounce is absolutely invaluable for some of the Gold Medals, in this game. I couldn't have gotten the GOld on 1-1 without heavily abusing that cane bounce to avoid a lot of the curves of the level.

Thanks that's good to know as I've not done any of the Gold Medals just yet.

banacheck

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,035. Posted:

@DestinyMan
Nice picks, I've been listening to the soundtrack as well.

I think this game has my second favorite soundtrack in the series, right behind DKC2. There's so much variety and atmosphere without giving up what makes them catchy and memorable. David Wise really is a genius!

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,036. Posted:

So no comments on my video then...? Ok then I guess. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

renaryuugufan92

1,037. Posted:

one day in and its still downloading, curse this 2-3Mbps internet~ >.> and the 11GB filesize.

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

3DS Friendcode: 0001-3400-5874 | NNID: Nick-kun13 | Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & Alienware 17
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,038. Posted:

This game is quite something ain't it?

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

ghosto

1,039. Posted:

This game needs an option to increase the sensitivity because I am getting slaughtered by sluggish controls and flat screen latency. The music and graphics are great but there should be some gamepad support and I haven't noticed any miiverse implementations yet.

ghosto

AuthorMessage

FireHorsePrime

1,040. Posted:

SkywardL wrote:

I assume you got it a midnight on Friday morning and haven't slept since you started playing?

FireHorsePrime