Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - OT

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,203

Joeynator3000

Well my Dynamite Dash level uploaded, if anyone wanna see. (almost made an embarrassing death right at the beginning, though. xD)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

WebHead

As much as I love this game, I was hoping for more variety from the bonus levels.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

dumedum

Adam wrote:

Okay, since there are over a thousand posts, forgive me for asking a question that's surely been asked already. Is this game easier / more forgiving than the last one, or are there difficulty options or something for people who don't like having their blood pressure raised so high that they actually now have TWO blood pressures? (It might make sense if you don't think about it.)

I think this game is much more difficult than DKCR. I'm only ast World 3 but I troubles all the time and couldn't collect most puzzle pieces. The bosses are much harder that's for sure. But it's all passable, just the collecting is difficult.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Adam

I like that approach. I try to collect collectibles, but if they aren't required, I don't mind skipping them to save myself from throwing the controller through the screen.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

19Robb92

Just beat 5-K. Man, that was tough

Second hardest next to 2-K, IMO. Looking forward to 6-K

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

holchasaur

@DestinyMan - The man is versatile, there's no doubt about that. I haven't been able to shake the soundtrack from my head in weeks. Every time I play it seems a new tune clings to me.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

KoopaTrooper

I've got this game and have yet to play it. Does everyone find it more difficult compared to the previous wii game?

Edited on by KoopaTrooper

KoopaTrooper

holchasaur

KoopaTrooper wrote:

I've got this game and have yet to play it. Does everyone find it more difficult compared to the previous wii game?

I've personally found it to be easier, and that's without the use of items in Funky's shop.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Well I finally started this game today and it really is a blast. So far I've only played the four main levels of Mangrove Cove, but they were all fantastic. This game is stunningly beautiful in motion, coupled with the amazing score by David Wise.

Also, holy crap does the fur in this game look good! Watching videos does this game no justice.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

parkerjames

VGchartz has the week of Feb 22 up. DK is #2 worldwide with 198,000 sales. And that's only 2 days of sales in NA. Seems like pretty decent numbers considering.

parkerjames

DefHalan

parkerjames wrote:

VGchartz has the week of Feb 22 up. DK is #2 worldwide with 198,000 sales. And that's only 2 days of sales in NA. Seems like pretty decent numbers considering.

Plus I still need to get the game lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Henmii

"Is this game easier / more forgiving than the last one"

Definitely! For example, the rocketbarrel and minecarts now have 2 instead of 1 hearts! It feels like there are much more checkpoints, and the rocketbarrel/minecart levels seem shorter!

It can be tricky sometimes, but overall it's a lot easier then Returns sadly!

Henmii

nathanjones007

parkerjames wrote:

Those figures are not too shabby. But some claim its a complete failure!
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=179210

I just got the game in the mail today! I am loving it!

nathanjones007

NinChocolate

This game is one of my favorite platformers now. It's just such a nice total package.

NinChocolate

JonnyKong

I do wish the game had an extra, maybe two more minecart levels. They're so fun, but so sparse in this game.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

cookiex

JonnyKong wrote:

I do wish the game had an extra, maybe two more minecart levels. They're so fun, but so sparse in this game.

I'm a bit bummed out that the last two worlds don't have any minecart segments despite having the most levels in the game (unless you count the snowball sequence in 6-4).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

10000mario

The rocket barrel levels on this game is like flappy birds on steroids, think about it, you go up by tapping, and don't tap to fall.

10000mario

UGXwolf

10000mario wrote:

The rocket barrel levels on this game is like flappy birds on steroids, think about it, you go up by tapping, and don't tap to fall.

This is nearly an ancient mechanic that's been used many times Flappy Bird is hardly the first or even most popular use of this, and it adds instant rise and tight clearance to unfairly bump the difficulty. A better way to say this is that the ro ket barrel levels are like what Flappy Bird might've been if it were actually well-designed and not an intention pile of rage.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MasterWario

JonnyKong wrote:

How far'd you get? I can tell you there's one's more (mini) minecart level.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

ThePirateCaptain

Well I found the two secret exits in World 1 and rounded up the last of the puzzle pieces from the first four levels.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.