Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,332

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,001. Posted:

On world 3 now. This game is definitely amazing!

Also, that world 2 boss was fantastic. Retro's the only team that knows how to give an intense/challenging platformer boss fight!

Edited on by MasterWario

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

1,002. Posted:

Installing it right now! So hype! :D

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

LucinaSmash

1,003. Posted:

In North America eShop, Tropical Freeze is already at number 1 in All User Ratings eShop chart for all software. So far this game is not overhyped.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,004. Posted:

I defeated Lord Fredrik the Snowmad King and saved Donkey Kong Island, so now it's just a matter of finding the KONG letters and puzzle pieces. I'll also do some time attacks.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

parkerjames

1,005. Posted:

Gamestop in NA is running a promo that gives an extra 30% credit towards DKTF when trading in old games. I traded in NSMBU and got $28 credit + 30%. I only paid $17 and some change for the new DK. Insane deal. Stoked to play it!

parkerjames

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,006. Posted:

Picked up my copy today.
I'm at the beginning of World 2. Very impressed with the visuals and how smoothly everything runs. The soundtrack is amazing so far! :3

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,007. Posted:

Has anyone here got a gold metal on level 1-1? I might not 100% this game because of those stupid time trials. :(

Edited on by 10000mario

10000mario

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,008. Posted:

My impressions:

• It took approx. 10 hours to beat the game (co-op with my brother playing as Cranky Kong).
  • It gets really hard after the first world, particularly due to each level being relentlessly long and difficult, plus you share lives in co-op.
  • The visuals are stunning and the game runs smoothly.
  • The loading times aren't as bad as I feared, though I was playing a digital copy.
  • The final boss is one tough SOB.

I also discovered a weird glitch in level 3-5. If you play in co-op and one of the players while outside the camera's boundaries hit the slot machine barrel at the end, the camera would suddenly go up vertically and get stuck at the top, preventing you from completing the level. The only way to fix it was to quit the game through the home menu as no other buttons would work (the game didn't freeze mind you, it just got stuck).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,009. Posted:

I'm somewhere in World 2, but yeah I'm guessing the loading times are better when the game is digital...I have the disc, the screen lags here and there. But the actual levels run smoothly. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,010. Posted:

Mizore wrote:

I'm somewhere in World 2, but yeah I'm guessing the loading times are better when the game is digital...I have the disc, the screen lags here and there. But the actual levels run smoothly. :p

During the loading screen it chugs a bit from time to time, but that seems to happen with all digital games I own.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,011. Posted:

Some of my impressions

• The underwater levels took some getting used to, but it worked out with enough practice
  • Dixie ended up being my most used Kong buddy. Her ponytail came very handy in tricky spots.
  • For me, the game got very challenging in World 4. Donkey Kong Island was very intense, especially the frozen Factory, which was very tricky.
  • Lord Fredrick the Snowmad King is one tough final boss. He makes Tiki Tong look like a pushover. He's very tricky, fast, and unpredictable.
  • The music is outstanding throughout. David Wise truly outdid himself here.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,012. Posted:

Another thing on Lord Fredrick; he's clearly very heavily inspired by King K. Rool. Not only does he look somewhat like him with the big gut, but his personality is very similar and even his attacks are very similar.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

1,013. Posted:

I'm just curious, those of you who beat the game already, were you trying to collect the kong and puzzle pieces? It seems like you're finishing the game pretty quickly.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

vonseux

1,014. Posted:

It costs 49,90 or 54,90 ??? o.O

Let's Attack Aggressively!!

AuthorMessage

Henmii

1,015. Posted:

So far I think the game is pretty fun, though it is also pretty easy! That is because of the minecarts and rocketbarrels having 2 instead of 1 hearts, there seem to be lots of checkpoints, and if you lose a heart a new heart is never far off! However, I did encounter a level in the first world that is pretty hard (I haven't beaten it yet) and has no checkpoints! I guess every world will have one such level!

It has great level-design and thus it's fun to play! It looks better then Returns, of course! And the soundtrack is very different from Returns, and pretty fun to hear! I was especially surprised by the music from the first boss! Epic! I can only imagine how the endboss music sounds! Speaking of bosses, they are great!

The game takes pretty long for loading, and I do not get why that is! Mario 3D world didn't need to load at all!

By the way: My favorite level so far is Scorch n torch! A very original level!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,016. Posted:

Ok the trees in 3-1 are really creeping me out. xD

EDIT: Tried recording one of the boss battles in WMV format, you guys think I'm fine? It only lags a lot during the ending. (where DK punches the boss like crazy) I just don't want to upload it as an AVI, those take forever and I already have Monster Hunter to deal with in that format. xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdLne8eE95c&list=UU-0XAzIK...

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,017. Posted:

I worry about Destiny Man saying the final boss of Returns makes the final boss of Freeze looks like a walk over. I thought the final boss of Returns was really hard so I dread to think what is coming my way.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

Vinnykidd

1,018. Posted:

Quick question. How does this game save? Is it after every level? I ran through world 1 and was figuring they'd ask if I'd like to save the game, but didn't see an option. Loving the game just don't want to lose my progress if I shut it down for a little bit.

Vinnykidd

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,019. Posted:

Hopefully I can get the game this Sunday.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,020. Posted:

Vinnykidd wrote:

Quick question. How does this game save? Is it after every level? I ran through world 1 and was figuring they'd ask if I'd like to save the game, but didn't see an option. Loving the game just don't want to lose my progress if I shut it down for a little bit.

I believe it auto-saves.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371