Forums

Topic: Does It Bother You That Capcom is not making an HD Remake Of RE 1 For Wii U?

Posts 101 to 120 of 177

kereke12

Kodeen wrote:

If a remake does not need to cater to the original platform holder (Playstation -> Gamecube) then why does a remake of a remake need to? What about a remake of a remake of a remake, what are the rules there?

Then why is Playstation getting it ???

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

2Sang

I most likely wasn't going to buy it at full price, but I am a little bothered in capcom doing this since it seemed like nintendo and them were getting a little closer. Dumb business move imo, though because they could have simply ported it using the pro controller and no marketing would have still made a profit, albeit likely a smaller amount compared to ps4 and xbone.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

larry_koopa

No, it doesn't bother me. If you truly care about third party games and you only own a Wii U then you've seriously made the wrong investment.

People complain about this happening over and over again. Just buy another system to go along with your Wii U and be quiet.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

the_shpydar

I love the irony. You just know that if it was coming out for WiiU, there would instead be threads of complaints about how game companies only do re-releases and don't put out any original games.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Shy_Guy

Yes,this bothers me. RE Remake is my favorite survival horror game and the reason I bought the GameCube back in 2004. Right now I don't have any room to plug my GameCube to my HDTV and don't want lots of wires laying around. I've waited a long time for a HD version. Now we are getting one and it's not coming to Wii U,which sucks because I play my Wii U all the time and was hoping to play this on the gamepad. Sighs I guess I'll have to get it on my PS3...

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

I love the irony. You just know that if it was coming out for WiiU, there would instead be threads of complaints about how game companies only do re-releases and don't put out any original games.

sometimes i think theres only like 6 or so people on here that make sense and two of them are in this message

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

SCRAPPER392

Chrono_Cross wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

So we can agree that REmake 720p won't be on Wii U, because it was already on GCN and Wii?

It'll be in 1080p on Playstation 4. But, yes, we can agree that Resident Evil HD is not releasing on the Wii U due to a lack of a profit.

That's not the problem with the discussion here, though. Again, it's the reasons WHY. We can say it won't sell all we want, but understanding WHY it will or will not sell or can or cannot be produced, is part of the situation.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kereke12

Diddy_kong wrote:

No, it doesn't bother me. If you truly care about third party games and you only own a Wii U then you've seriously made the wrong investment.

People complain about this happening over and over again. Just buy another system to go along with your Wii U and be quiet.

Comments like yours is why Gaming is the way it is...Everyone here understand your point here but It would of been nice for Wii U to get RE 1 & it appears that you don't want Nintendo to succeed because your saying "If you truly care about third party games and you own a Wii U then you've seriously made the wrong investment" Well let me tell you something, not everyone can afford to buy another console like me. That have to rely on what we have.

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

SCRAPPER392

kereke12 wrote:

Diddy_kong wrote:

Comments like yours is why Gaming is the way it is...Everyone here understand your point here but It would of been nice for Wii U to get RE 1.

Exactly. The stereotype that Nintendo "just doesn't get 3rd parties" is part of the annoyance. This game was originally on GCN for f***s sake, and you mofos still didn't buy the s***. (this isn't entirely directed at you, @kereke12 ; just the first 2 sentences)

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

kereke12

SCAR392 wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

Diddy_kong wrote:

Comments like yours is why Gaming is the way it is...Everyone here understand your point here but It would of been nice for Wii U to get RE 1.

Exactly. The stereotype that Nintendo "just doesn't get 3rd parties" is part of the annoyance. This game was originally on GCN for f***s sake, and you mofos still didn't buy the s***. (this isn't entirely directed at you, @kereke12 ; just the first 2 sentences)

Who the hell are u calling a "Stereotype" ?? Sorry for caring about Nintendo....I'm not a stereotype first and second I was only concerned that Nintendo is again missing out when in fact the game was also on Playstation 1 & I get ur point but still its wrong ..

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Justlink

kereke12 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

Diddy_kong wrote:

Comments like yours is why Gaming is the way it is...Everyone here understand your point here but It would of been nice for Wii U to get RE 1

Who the hell are u calling a "Stereotype" ?? Sorry for caring about Nintendo....I'm not a stereotype first and second I was only concerned that Nintendo is again missing out when in fact the game was also on Playstation 1 & I get ur point but still its wrong ..

Some people can only afford one console a gen, and Wii U, to me, is best choice.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

kereke12

Shy_Guy wrote:

Yes,this bothers me. RE Remake is my favorite survival horror game and the reason I bought the GameCube back in 2004. Right now I don't have any room to plug my GameCube to my HDTV and don't want lots of wires laying around. I've waited a long time for a HD version. Now we are getting one and it's not coming to Wii U,which sucks because I play my Wii U all the time and was hoping to play this on the gamepad. Sighs I guess I'll have to get it on my PS3...

This is what I'm saying not a lot of people don't want to play on other consoles bc of them having only a Wii U or they have no space to put in there old consoles now I think its not that hard to unplug but my point here was made ....

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

SCRAPPER392

@kereke12
I was agreeing with you. People say Nintendo doesn't get 3rd parties, but when they do/did, people still don't give a damn. REmake is a perfect example of a major 3rd party game being exclusive to Nintendo that no one cared about anyway.

Qwest

kereke12

justlink wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

Diddy_kong wrote:

Comments like yours is why Gaming is the way it is...Everyone here understand your point here but It would of been nice for Wii U to get RE 1

Some people can only afford one console a gen, and Wii U, to me, is best choice.

The same for me I don't own a Wii U yet bc I'm having problems at the moment I only have a Wii & 360. But it would be nice if Nintendo got it bc I have no plans in getting "next-gen".

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

WebHead

I'm annoyed in the sense that it shows how bad the third party situation is. Its so bad Wii u can't get a port of a game that was on GameCube and Wii.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

kereke12

SCAR392 wrote:

@kereke12
I was agreeing with you. People say Nintendo doesn't get 3rd parties, but when they do/did, people still don't give a damn. REmake is a perfect example of a major 3rd party game being exclusive to Nintendo that no one cared about anyway.

I miss read your comment I apologize but your right, when they do no one gives a damn about it and that's sad.

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

kereke12

WebHead wrote:

I'm annoyed in the sense that it shows how bad the third party situation is. Its so bad Wii u can't get a port of a game that was on GameCube and Wii.

Took the words right out of mouth its just like today they announced the AC: Rouge and its not on Wii U & people sadly consider Wii U as last-gen. The situation is getting worse by the minute.

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

MAB

The day that Nintendo fans have to buy Mario & Pokemon on a Smartphone only will be the greatest day of their lives

MAB

kereke12

MAB wrote:

The day that Nintendo fans have to buy Mario & Pokemon on a Smartphone only will be the greatest day of their lives

Lol, don't make me laugh!!!!! When the day Halo is on Playstation is the day the War ends.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Chrono_Cross

SCAR392 wrote:

That's not the problem with the discussion here, though. Again, it's the reasons WHY. We can say it won't sell all we want, but understanding WHY it will or will not sell or can or cannot be produced, is part of the situation.

You're looking too far into it to the point where you're not making considerable points.

It's the install base. Capcom has been looking far into it and have come to the conclusion that, no, REHD will not sell here. Giving Revelations' poor performance, the Capcom is making a wise decision. It's not about the game pad or the remake's history, it's about Nintendo's established install base. Nintendo fans do not, have not, and probably will never support third parties.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.