Forums

Topic: Does a professional reviewer have a mandate to bring personal political biases into a review?

Posts 161 to 165 of 165

Philip_J_Reed

I'd nominate this thread for Hall of Fame status but frankly I don't want it stinking up the joint.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

skywake

garywood wrote:

And what's more, having admitted I'm wrong, I get the kind of response from skywake above:
"An admittance of wrongness in a thread where everyone disagrees with you is only so valuable."
I'd suggest that that's almost the very definition of tribalism and typifies maybe the single biggest problem with humanity.

I also went on to say:
"If you end up, and I have done this many times, trying to concede like that but keep going then you really haven't conceded at all. When you're doing that you're often just trying to save face and position yourself as the moral victor in an already finished argument. I don't think that's particularly virtuous"

It's hard to have a rational debate with someone who only answers the first part of people's posts

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MAB

Alright... Just sticky it to the end of the forum then

MAB

banacheck

Don't worry people your just a product of society, i can see how it can be confusing.

banacheck

PrincessSugoi

LOL wow, amazing what you can miss in a day. Thought I'd be able to jump back into the discussion but... this falls more in line with how I imagined it ending from the moment it started. Gotta give the dude props though for keeping it up even this long.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.