Forums

Topic: Do gamers even know why they dislike Nintendo ?

Posts 161 to 180 of 214

GuSolarFlare

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

GustavoSF wrote:

I know it most game genres are full of copies around everywhere I sure know and I like some of them... I just think FPS' would be better with different settings I really dislike the way they try to make it more serious. it sucks away the fun of a game where most of the players don't even care for the story(you have to admit it in POPULAR FPS' most of the players just want the multiplayer). I don't know. maybe I just dislike the way it all resumes to sniping. I'm just tired of snipers. there's no way to run away or you become a sniper or you die for running in the open. it is boring to see the only choices are "be a good sniper" or "lose the game" it feels limited....

What you just described was Call of Duty. Now, I know that was the first game that came to your mind (it's just that good), but there are plenty of others out there. You should play more of them.

well.. you might be right. but one thing I know the FPS' I do like aren't call of duty!
also @LordJumpMad
I hate to admit but you do have a point! I did hate games that where not Nintendo until I tried some....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Jaz007

Relias wrote:

Well jumping in now on the FPS front.. I will be honest.. I have not touched a FPS since the N64 and perfect Dark.. after that they all seem to be just generic copies of each other.. except now you get squads.. Oh my... but I don't think Nintendo fans hate FPS.. I think they get tired of all the people from other systems rolling their eyes and saying.. ugh.. just another Mario.. I am so sick of Mario... Nintendo fans are like.. Ugh just another FPS.. I am so sick of another FPS..or I am tired of you complaining Nintendo only has Mario...so I will point out most of what your system has to offer is FPS..as pointed out it really is the pot calling the kettle black.. cause frankly most of the games the other fans show off is FPS and uses them as a means of rubbing it into a Nintendo's fans face.. and saying see this is the awesomeness your missing... (Though yes.. when you look at it in that way.. maybe you could understand why some Nintendo fans have grown to hate the genre over the years)... But I don't think Nintendo fans by and large actually hate the genre.. I think they are sick of the way fanboys use the genre..

Wow, somebody has sure failed to look at the libary of the PS3. So many great non FPS games, in fact, Sony publishes just as wide, if not an even wider variety of games and that's not even looking at all the third-party games that are on the console.

Jaz007

BadKitty

GustavoSF wrote:

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

GustavoSF wrote:

I know it most game genres are full of copies around everywhere I sure know and I like some of them... I just think FPS' would be better with different settings I really dislike the way they try to make it more serious. it sucks away the fun of a game where most of the players don't even care for the story(you have to admit it in POPULAR FPS' most of the players just want the multiplayer). I don't know. maybe I just dislike the way it all resumes to sniping. I'm just tired of snipers. there's no way to run away or you become a sniper or you die for running in the open. it is boring to see the only choices are "be a good sniper" or "lose the game" it feels limited....

What you just described was Call of Duty. Now, I know that was the first game that came to your mind (it's just that good), but there are plenty of others out there. You should play more of them.

well.. you might be right. but one thing I know the FPS' I do like aren't call of duty!
also @LordJumpMad
I hate to admit but you do have a point! I did hate games that where not Nintendo until I tried some....

Someone agree with LJM? This is truly madness. D:
Untitled

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

Relias

Jaz007 wrote:

Relias wrote:

Well jumping in now on the FPS front.. I will be honest.. I have not touched a FPS since the N64 and perfect Dark.. after that they all seem to be just generic copies of each other.. except now you get squads.. Oh my... but I don't think Nintendo fans hate FPS.. I think they get tired of all the people from other systems rolling their eyes and saying.. ugh.. just another Mario.. I am so sick of Mario... Nintendo fans are like.. Ugh just another FPS.. I am so sick of another FPS..or I am tired of you complaining Nintendo only has Mario...so I will point out most of what your system has to offer is FPS..as pointed out it really is the pot calling the kettle black.. cause frankly most of the games the other fans show off is FPS and uses them as a means of rubbing it into a Nintendo's fans face.. and saying see this is the awesomeness your missing... (Though yes.. when you look at it in that way.. maybe you could understand why some Nintendo fans have grown to hate the genre over the years)... But I don't think Nintendo fans by and large actually hate the genre.. I think they are sick of the way fanboys use the genre..

Wow, somebody has sure failed to look at the libary of the PS3. So many great non FPS games, in fact, Sony publishes just as wide, if not an even wider variety of games and that's not even looking at all the third-party games that are on the console.

I have not.. actually I know Sony publishes more.. and has more.. there was a point behind my post.. and you missed it.. ( it was not an argument of the limitations of Sony and Microsoft or the library on their systems... reread my post word for word without that in your mind.. and think to the point I am trying to make.. because it is there.. it is truth.. and it is valid)

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

Chrono_Cross

GustavoSF wrote:

Which is where your ignorance prevails. You think every FPS that isn't GoldenEye or Perfect Dark is just like Call of Duty and you quickly dismiss them because you don't know any better. News flash: There are a lot of great FPSs out there that are not Call of Duty clones.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Jaz007

Relias wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Relias wrote:

I have not.. actually I know Sony publishes more.. and has more.. there was a point behind my post.. and you missed it.. ( it was not an argument of the limitations of Sony and Microsoft or the library on their systems... reread my post word for word without that in your mind.. and think to the point I am trying to make.. because it is there.. it is truth.. and it is valid)

I was looking espcially at that. You directly said that you would counter them with "so I will point out most of what your system has to offer is FPS." It's just not very true. Saying somebody has a false point in no way makes another false point in return acceptable.

Jaz007

GuSolarFlare

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

GustavoSF wrote:

Which is where your ignorance prevails. You think every FPS that isn't GoldenEye or Perfect Dark is just like Call of Duty and you quickly dismiss them because you don't know any better. News flash: There are a lot of great FPSs out there that are not Call of Duty clones.

not exactly wrong but not right... the thing is. where I live people literally only have call of duty(there was even a guy with the same version of call of duty for PS3 360 and PC)... so I "named" it as the most popular(and so why I dislike "the most popular FPS") on another note the only FPS I really played on a nintendo system(playing with friends for a few minutes doesn't count) was metroid prime.... the FPS' I dislike are the most popular ones(namely call of duty and battlefield, and I've played them it's not like I saw a video and said this is boring). the problem for me are the "popular FPS' " not FPS' as a whole.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Chrono_Cross

GustavoSF wrote:

not exactly wrong but not right... the thing is. where I live people literally only have call of duty(there was even a guy with the same version of call of duty for PS3 360 and PC)... so I "named" it as the most popular(and so why I dislike "the most popular FPS") on another note the only FPS I really played on a nintendo system(playing with friends for a few minutes doesn't count) was metroid prime.... the FPS' I dislike are the most popular ones(namely call of duty and battlefield, and I've played them it's not like I saw a video and said this is boring). the problem for me are the "popular FPS' " not FPS' as a whole.

Ah, so it's more of a personal problem? Whether it's popular or not, I don't see how that's a reason to dislike a game.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Relias

Jaz007 wrote:

Relias wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Relias wrote:

I was looking espcially at that. You directly said that you would counter them with "so I will point out most of what your system has to offer is FPS." It's just not very true. Saying somebody has a false point in no way makes another false point in return acceptable.

Okay fine.. I am sorry.. let me try and reexplain.. and maybe it will be easier for you to understand...

Okay I said.. Nintendo Fans (Not me directly... let me point that out first and foremost) are getting tired of people saying Oh Look Just another Mario.. and I am so sick of Mario... Mean while.. (Since apparently I did not seem to make this point to you in my original statement as well) They make big posts and pointing to articles that shows the newest Halo.. COD.. etc.. and saying see here is the stuff your missing out on.. see how realistic the graphics are.. see how much better the games are on my system.. This is turn inspires Nintendo fans to sit here and say really.. it's just another FPS... or perhaps.. so what we need more than FPS.. and to a point over the years have inspired some fans to hate FPS.. not a lot.. but some.. the same could be said.. for say Survival Horror and First Person Adventures.. and all the Tomb Raider Clones.. and perhaps even Racers.. the point behind my post was simply that this mentality is what inspires the arguments.. and sometimes yes the hatred... by Nintendo fans of certain genres.. or the apparent hatred.. (Like I said I don't think it's a hate.. as much as I think it's just people getting sick of the way these genres are being used by fans.. who are point blankly trashing Nintendo.. and one of their most famed franchises and that is the point you were missing.. the main point)..

And yes I am sorry for giving the wrong idea that I thought PS3 only had FPS as well.. that was not my intention..

Edited on by Relias

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

GuSolarFlare

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

GustavoSF wrote:

Ah, so it's more of a personal problem? Whether it's popular or not, I don't see how that's a reason to dislike a game.

well you almost hit the spot it is a personal problem but I don't dislike them because they are popular. it's just that the fact they are popular is the easiest thing to point since I don't know how to express why I dislike with words it's in the gameplay it also is in the setting in my mind I know it I just don't know the words to describe it easily.

my Backloggery

Jaz007

Relias wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Relias wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Relias wrote:

Okay fine.. I am sorry.. let me try and reexplain.. and maybe it will be easier for you to understand...

Okay I said.. Nintendo Fans (Not me directly... let me point that out first and foremost) are getting tired of people saying Oh Look Just another Mario.. and I am so sick of Mario... Mean while.. (Since apparently I did not seem to make this point to you in my original statement as well) They make big posts and pointing to articles that shows the newest Halo.. COD.. etc.. and saying see here is the stuff your missing out on.. see how realistic the graphics are.. see how much better the games are on my system.. This is turn inspires Nintendo fans to sit here and say really.. it's just another FPS... or perhaps.. so what we need more than FPS.. and to a point over the years have inspired some fans to hate FPS.. not a lot.. but some.. the same could be said.. for say Survival Horror and First Person Adventures.. and all the Tomb Raider Clones.. and perhaps even Racers.. the point behind my post was simply that this mentality is what inspires the arguments.. and sometimes yes the hatred... by Nintendo fans of certain genres.. or the apparent hatred.. (Like I said I don't think it's a hate.. as much as I think it's just people getting sick of the way these genres are being used by fans.. who are point blankly trashing Nintendo.. and one of their most famed franchises and that is the point you were missing.. the main point)..

And yes I am sorry for giving the wrong idea that I thought PS3 only had FPS as well.. that was not my intention..

Nintendo fanboys are guilty too. They do the same thing in reverse. Don't act like non Nintendo fanboys are the only ones guilty of this thing. Nintendo fanboys aren't innocent either.

Jaz007

SwerdMurd

I am somewhat ambivalent to nintendo at the moment for the following reasons that I can identify:

*The Wii software lineup never had the staying power that the PS3 lineup did, so that generation undid a lot of the good the GC / GBA / DS generations built up
*Wii U just doesn't appeal to me on any level
*3DS has no battery life and hurts my hands to use, so I've stopped buying games for it

I'm in no way anti nintendo - and I wouldn't even go so far as to say i dislike them. I'm just not the fan I once was - Nintendo has become every other company to me, rather than the shining light of the industry. I would never swear off of Nintendo though, not in a million years.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

SCRAPPER392

@Jaz007
Give it a break. His point was that PS, Microsoft, or Nintendo fans usually give each other crap regardless. I had all the systems last gen, and I still get called a fanboy sometimes.

That's a prime example right there.

EDIT: I used to dismiss Xbox 360 and PS3 quite a bit for no reason, until I had them and played the good games. I still don't think PS has as good as games as Xbox or Nintendo. I can see why people would like them(I guess), but it's just not my thing.

You can't argue an opinion, but if your opinion directly challenges a fact, it doesn't count.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

GuSolarFlare

Blaze wrote:

...another thread that has descended into madness!

chaos is fun! at least everyone's just showing their opinion and no one is here just to troll(and if someone is it did a bad job trying to troll)

my Backloggery

AlexSays

SCAR392 wrote:

I had all the systems last gen, and I still get called a fanboy sometimes.

lmao having all the systems doesn't change anything.

You even said you only have a PS3 because it was given to you. That doesn't somehow justify all of your baseless rants against Sony about how they're going bankrupt, all of their games suck, they're a horrible company, they kill cute animals for fun, etc.

AlexSays

GuSolarFlare

AlexSays wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

You even said you only have a PS3 because it was given to you. That doesn't somehow justify all of your baseless rants against Sony about how they're going bankrupt, all of their games suck, they're a horrible company, they kill cute animals for fun, etc.

Sony became PETA!?!?!?!?! hahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!

my Backloggery

SCRAPPER392

AlexSays wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I told my parents to get the PS3. I even got Metal Gear Solid 4 right when the PS3 slim came out.

Also, Sony IS doing the worst financially. I guess you could consider them rants, but at least they're true. I didn't even say PS has completely horrible games. I said that I don't like PS games AS MUCH, so I don't see why I would bother supporting PS over anything else.

There's a difference between totally dismissing something, and not thinking something is as good as another.

EDIT: i.e.
PS All-Stars vs. Smash Bros. I like Smash Bros. better, while still understanding that PSAS still has some value.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

I never knew PETA killed cute animals for fun.

Just for you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.