Forums

Topic: Devil's Third - OT

Posts 401 to 420 of 490

MsJubilee

@Blast: It takes a strong man and in this case a child to deny what's right in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own. Have fun living in that fantasy world you live in. A game that's an exclusive to one platform,but somewhat coming for another. Can you still call it an exclusive?You didn't see Bayonetta 2 do that right? But what do i know right? LMAO!!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

TwilightAngel wrote:

@Blast: It takes a strong man and in this case a child to deny what's right in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own. Have fun living in that fantasy world you live in. A game that's an exclusive to one platform,but somewhat coming for another. Can you still call it an exclusive?You didn't see Bayonetta 2 do that right? But what do i know right? LMAO!!

What are you even saying, man? Street Fighter 5 is console exclusive to PS4 while still being offered the same complete package on PC. That's still referred to as a PS4 exclusive. All PC is getting from Devil's 3rd is a free to play multiplayer that's almost doomed to be littered with microtransactions. What are we even arguing about? If Devil's 3rd is really exclusive to Wii U?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jump

Apaprently microtransactions are in the Wii U version too...

From the Japan site;
microtransactions: you can use real-life money to buy Golden Eggs, which can then be traded for either in-game currency or gear (weapons/equipment).

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

-Green-

It's kind of funny how he's fighting against fully armed soldiers and tanks all while not even wearing a shirt.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Spoony_Tech

I laugh every time I see a trailer and watch the bullet sponge at work. Those tattoos should be scars.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Ok I may not understand anything about videogames but watching the trailer, I know this is a game I'd be happy to play, and a game that could be beneficial to the small WiiU library. If it's half as fun as the trailer makes it to be, then it's going to be very fun.
It looks like Ninja Gaiden with guns and axes. And the multiplayer seems sophisticated and deep.
Actually, the multiplayer looks like something Sega would have made in its heydays - it's serious but silly. It reminds me a bit of a modern version of Outtrigger for some reason.

I think this game would have been perceived very differently had Nintendo decided to back it by publishing it in all regions from the get go. No publishing in NA + no E3 coverage probably meant that journalists went into it thinking there was something wrong with it to begin with. I don't know what to think - it looks fine to me. Itagaki's games need a ton of work to be learnt and give their best at higher difficulty levels, so the creator might have a point when he warned the audience not to trust journalists too much.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Tubalcain

@spizzamarozzi: its a trailer, of course they wont show you crappy parts of the game.

the game would still be perceived negatively because the criticisms in the preview's were valid. the part about difficulty was only a minor gripe. it was the nonsensical plot. the bad graphics, the bad performance, graphical glitches, the clumsy combat, bad camera, shoddy production values, non intuitive controls. I mean, most of those who previewed it did not even talked about difficulty, these are all very valid points. you see if you are accustomed to gears of war, last of us, battlefield or any other AAA 3rd Person or First Person games then naturally you will have already set standards in graphics, controls, camera, performace etc. you cant really preview devils third without applying those standards. but you may still say that it looks like fun so they should have focused on that, I will say that yes it may be fun but again fun cannot be viewed in a vacuum.

Tubalcain

spizzamarozzi

@Tubalcain: I think standards are pretty much irrelevant, especially technical standards which are largely dependent on the budget. and the machine you're developing for. Beside, wouldn't be more fair to compare this game with the author's previous games, with other games offered on the same console or with games that at least share the same philosophy and goals? I'm not familiar with the games you mentioned...
Also, I don't think this game was ever intended as AAA - it certainly didn't get the coverage an AAA game gets, and I'm pretty sure the production budget is very far from those of AAA games. Production budget might be higher due to the game having been in developer limbo for years, but I don't believe the money involved for the WiiU version will ever come close to most big games.
As for the other critiques check the previous pages cos I can't be ar$€d to write everything again. I know Itagaki's track record of games with controls that need to be learnt and excellent combat systems and that's all I need to know. I also know journalists' track record of dismissing games that require you to learn the controls religiously and the tendecy to label everything that requires you to push more than one button as "button masher". I don't know anything more than all laymen do about this game but I'm pretty confident at least the combat won't be bad because it's something Itagaki does pretty well. I mean, it's the man who made Ninja Gaiden. It's like someone wanting to convince me that Miyamoto has made a game with floaty jumps...

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

Ryu_Niiyama

@Spoony_Tech: Well it is a sutra...perhaps Buddha protects him (or at least Shiva)?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo UK Online Store now has the game for preorder with a free t-shirt.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Well I sure didn't see this coming:

Famitsu
8/9/8/8

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

SuperWiiU

Dezzy wrote:

Well I sure didn't see this coming:

Famitsu
8/9/8/8

Famitsu isn't very reliable, but let's hope it means it's turned out better than recent previews predicted.

NintendoFan64

@Dezzy Huh. I guessed they fixed what was wrong with the previews. Either that, or A) It got lucky with this reviewer, or B) The critics who played the preview really DID just suck.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

bitleman

@SuperWiiU: Famitsu isn't reliable for anything with a score over 35. In the case of Devil's Third the score seems legit. No one is gonna pay to get a 33/40. You pay to get higher scores

bitleman

Dezzy

bitleman wrote:

@SuperWiiU: Famitsu isn't reliable for anything with a score over 35. In the case of Devil's Third the score seems legit. No one is gonna pay to get a 33/40. You pay to get higher scores

I dunno if that's whats gone on here or not but I wouldn't agree that no-one would pay for 33/40. They have to maintain some appearance of legitimacy. They can't just go giving Mario Party 39/40 without people suspecting something's wrong.

If any publication WERE to accept bribes, it'll almost definitely be in the form of "pay us X dollars to add 5-10 points to the score we'd already gone with." It's unlikely to be just pay for any score.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

erv

That's a high score in comparison to the previews I've read. I'm still on the fence about this one, but it has a massive appeal in its concept to me.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

bitleman

Dezzy wrote:

bitleman wrote:

I dunno if that's whats gone on here or not but I wouldn't agree that no-one would pay for 33/40. They have to maintain some appearance of legitimacy.

They gave a 40/40 to Nintendogs, Wind Waker, FFXII, Smash Brawl, MGS4, Skyward Sword, FFXIII-2, Kid Icarus Uprising, Yakuza 5, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
They really don't care about legitimacy

bitleman

spizzamarozzi

@bitleman: a number of the games you mention are mega and well worth the "perfect score".
I understand the criticism towards Famitsu when it comes to the occasional supergrade for Final Fantasy - but it is exactly the same of what has happened here in the west for ages (and still happens) everytime a new Activision or Rockstar game is released, so why people keep screaming bloody murder is beyond me. Shall we go on Metacritic and see how many 100s have been awarded to perfectly mediocre games? Famitsu is as reliable as any other magazine/website around - it has exactly the same pros and cons.
I find it funny that when Famitsu praises the games we like (Wonderful 101, Bayo, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Skyrim, GTA...) - they are still great - but when they praise stuff we westerns don't like, they are a collective of idiots.

EDIT: wait - you were probably being sarcastic?! I dunno.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Spoony_Tech

I personally think they grade differently. As in 5 is an average game and only the die hards will like it. Their 7 is Our 5. I'm more curious to see how many games score below 7 tbh from them.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Japanese Amazon ratings are mostly positive too(4-5 scores), though some of those might be fabricated. The more critical reviewers there still mention the same things of the previews, so things probably haven't changed that much.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.