Forums

Topic: Devil's Third - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 490

Tubalcain

@CanisWolfred: your over analysing my statement, of course you can recommend anything provided it's accompanied by a proper qualifier. Going by your argument I can recommend to you right now Big Rigs if you want to play a broken game which will make you laugh. Hahaha i thought it was bad. I did not like it but i did have fun in some of of its set pieces. Of course im going to put my value judgement And not recommend it. The simple fact is I thought it was bad but had fun nonetheless on some parts of the game. I also did not say the game isnt worth anything, its worth something, maybe worth some bark, twigs or some berries, just joking maybe a couple of bucks, just not the price I paid for it. But ok I will capitulate, I will revise my booboo statement. I had fun with Colonial Marines but I can only recommend it to those looking for a dissapointing, boring, kinda ugly and generic shooter which is fun in some of its set pieces and has some ok music.

Edited on by Tubalcain

Tubalcain

CanisWolfred

Tubalcain wrote:

@CanisWolfred: your over analysing my statement, of course you can recommend anything provided it's accompanied by a proper qualifier. Going by your argument I can recommend to you right now Big Rigs if you want to play a broken game which will make you laugh. Hahaha i thought it was bad. I did not like it but i did have fun in some of of its set pieces. Of course im going to put my value judgement And not recommend it. The simple fact is I thought it was bad but had fun nonetheless on some parts of the game. I also did not say the game isnt worth anything, its worth something, maybe worth some bark, twigs or some berries, just joking maybe a couple of bucks, just not the price I paid for it. But ok I will capitulate, I will revise my booboo statement. I had fun with Colonial Marines but I can only recommend it to those looking for a dissapointing, boring, kinda ugly and generic shooter which is fun in some of its set pieces and has some ok music.

Well, you proved the pretentious part, at least.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

spizzamarozzi

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Also, lots of people are seeing the PS2 comparison- not just NLife writers and users. I don't see why you're so insistent on trying to prove someone's objective opinion as "wrong"...

if opinions are now "objective", then my opinion is as objective as anybody else's.
Unless by objective you mean "the majority", which hardly makes something objective.
Anyway, I'm not saying the game looks good or playable or whatever. I, like all the rest of the lay audience, have not played it yet, and the only way I can judge it is by the videos posted by the journalists. I can see it does some things badly, but also that it does some stuff pretty well.
Unfortunately 90% of the criticism I've read has to do with graphics, frame rate and texture, and if doesn't have to do with visual performance directly, it is at least derived from it. The poor frame rate seems to affect combat and transitions, which led the reviewers to switch to "casual" difficulty, which results in button mashing and stupid AI. I'm not saying the game doesn't have these problems (how would I know), but this process of evaluation is entirely wrong. I certainly wouldn't play "casual" on a game designed by someone known for making extremely hard games.
I'm tired of reviewers saying that graphics don't matter when it comes to praise and then focusing so much on graphics when it comes to critique. And I'm tired of reviewers complaining for the lack of challenge in games and then testing games at the lowest difficulty setting. I'm tired of reading "shoddy" controls as much as I'm tired of "solid" controls - two of the emptiest words in the english dictionary, and I can't stand reading that "Y shoots and B drops the bomb" as it was some kind of surprising or helpful information that the reader can actually use. And even if the game turns out to be the biggest turd in the history of mankind, the process of (p)reviewing, in general, is still wrong.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Tubalcain

@CanisWolfred: wait so me thinking that a game is bad and is worth a couple of bucks is pretentious? Everybody does that! Usibg cost analysis to determine if a thing should be bought, from groceries, furniture to games! Please enlighten me, coz it seems that you are implying that if I had some fun with a bad game then it's automatically recommendable which is absurd. Fun does not always = to a good game. How is that pretentious? I mean i cant just go to my mate and say hey Colonial Marines is great I recommend you buy it despite knowing its problems. Are we having a problem with the word "recommend" because if its just about semantics, recommendation for me is like a nintendo seal of quality. I only recommend games i think is good.

Tubalcain

CanisWolfred

Because a game being fun should equal it being good, to some degree. "Good" is a nebulous word, granted, but I think what's important is that you enjoyed it, not whether or not deserves to be held on a pedastal. It's just a game, after all. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

I'm still buying this game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

I'm still buying this game.

Short and to the point with no DRAMA! Your comments not welcome here.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chaoz

Devil Third's Multiplayer is coming to PC. http://www.valhallagamestudios.com/en/company/release/2015072...
Edit: Found the official source.

Valhalla Games Studios wrote:

To whom it may concern:
July 21, 2015
Valhalla Game Studios Co., Ltd.
Representative Director/CEO: Satoshi Kanematsu

Announcement on the release of “Devil’s Third”

Valhalla Game Studios Co., Ltd. (Head office: Tsukishima Chuo-Ku, Tokyo,
Representative Director/CEO: Satoshi Kanematsu, hereafter “Valhalla”) would like to
inform you that it has decided to spread out its game content “Devil’s Third,” of which
the IP (Intellectual Property) rights are owned by Valhalla, as follows.

1. The release of “Devil’s Third” Wii U for North America is fixed

Valhalla and Nintendo Co., Ltd. have decided to release “Devil’s Third” for Wii U,
the IP rights of which are co-owned by the parties, in the 4th calendar quarter of 2015.

This is a next generation action shooter produced by fusing the development
technologies of Valhalla and Nintendo together and collaborating with creators in
Hollywood. The game’s single player mode offers a unique blend of action gameplay and
will immerse players in an engrossing storyline set against a background of intrigue
and global military conflict. In parallel, its multiplayer mode offers an exciting and
deeply tactical gameplay experience where tens of thousands of players can create their
own clans and fight over territories across North America.

For your information, this product is scheduled to be released on August 4th, 2015 in
Japan and August 28th, 2015 in Europe.

2. PC exclusive online game “Devil’s Third Online (tentative title)”

By prior agreement with Nintendo, Valhalla has developed the free-to-play PC
exclusive online game “Devil’s Third Online.” To spread “Devil’s Third” around the world,
this game service will run from September 2015 onwards, in various regions around the
world following the release of the Wii U version in each region.

In consideration of cultural characteristics in each region, the content is being
optimized via co-development with local publishers. Service territories and the details of
game content will be announced accordingly.
For your information, “Devil’s Third Online” is the online-exclusive game playable on
PC and its service is specialized in matchup. Wii U exclusive “Story Mode” is not
included in it.

*”Wii U” is a trademark of Nintendo

Edited on by Chaoz

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

-Green-

It appears to finally be totally confirmed that Nintendo is indeed Publishing the game themselves (the wii u version that is).

@CanisWolfred: I don't know why, but I think this quote kind of applies to what you're saying.
"Video Games are meant to be one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone." -Satoru Iwata

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MsJubilee

Chaoz wrote:

Devil Third's Multiplayer is coming to PC. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1082246

Wait Didn't Nintendo pay for this? I'm confused

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

veeflames

Somewhat awaiting the changing of the name of this thread.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Blast

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I refuse to change the name.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tubalcain

@CanisWolfred: but what your assuming is that I had fun the whole time playing, which is not the case. as I said earlier, some shooty set pieces are fun, but other times I was bored, I was frustrated about the level design, I felt disappointed back then cause the of the graphics downgrade issue, I felt it didn't warrant the price I paid for it. so I should't take all those into consideration? just because I had some fun, it suddenly overrode all my other issues with the game? suddenly it's a good game? fun is not all encompassing, it does not exist in a vacuum, we do have other emotional responses you know. we are more complicated than fun=good, no fun=bad.

@Aromaiden: I don't think that applies at all, we are talking about recommending a bad game which you had some fun nonetheless. as I said earlier having some fun in a game does not automatically make it good and is not automatically recommendable.

Tubalcain

-Green-

@Tubalcain: Yeah, and that's why I said it in a very friendly and joking manner. So it wouldn't be taken so serious.

Edit: Also, I was not trying to apply my statement to you, rather to Canis, who said games were meant to be fun.

Edited on by -Green-

CanisWolfred

@Tubalcain: I guess you have a point, it looked at first like you were simply saying "I liked a game, but it's not actually good despite me liking it, so I can't recommend it". If you thought the flaws far outweighed the positives, then I'll concede. Honestly, I've met way too many people who believe that a good game and a fun game are two very different things, and I just don't agree with that. I would never call a game I had only a few moments of fun..."fun". Nor would I call it good. I still might recommend it if it met someone else's criteria, but that would require a very particular case (granted, I hardly ever recommend without guidelines, because one man's trash is another man's treasure, and vice versa).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I refuse to change the name.

Devil's 3rd exclusive to Wii U and PC CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!! There's the new title

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tubalcain

@Aromaiden: hahaha it might seem like I'm serious but I'm really not, it just all friendly debating.

@CanisWolfred: its all good mate, to just clarify I also believe games should be fun foremost.

Tubalcain

-Green-

@Tubalcain: Sorry if I came of a bit snarky or serious. I have the habit of doing that, but I never intend it.

Edited on by -Green-

Tubalcain

@Aromaiden: well I did also came off as snarky, or at-most insufferably sarcastic. hahahaha Ill try to tone it down, ITS THE INTERNETS FAULT!!!. hahahah

Tubalcain

-Green-

@Tubalcain: Yeah. lol

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.