Forums

Topic: Devil's Third - OT

Posts 321 to 340 of 490

-Green-

All the rumors about the game, may have actually helped it more than it hurt it. It seems like more people are interested in the game now because of all the talk about it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

kkslider5552000

arronishere wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm starting to think this was the best marketing idea they could've come up with.

Let me make this clear, until they ignored the game, almost NO ONE cared about this game.

What do you mean by until they ignored this game? They didn't bother to put it any of the main E3 announcements, it's been missing from all of the directs etc so they have pretty much ignored it from the get go.

Let me rephrase: No one cared until they NOTICED that it was being ignored and rumors started appearing (and no one would've cared about those rumors if they didn't notice it was being ignored)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

-Green-

kkslider5552000 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm starting to think this was the best marketing idea they could've come up with.

Let me make this clear, until they ignored the game, almost NO ONE cared about this game.

What do you mean by until they ignored this game? They didn't bother to put it any of the main E3 announcements, it's been missing from all of the directs etc so they have pretty much ignored it from the get go.

Let me rephrase: No one cared until they NOTICED that it was being ignored and rumors started appearing (and no one would've cared about those rumors if they didn't notice it was being ignored)

I believe that is a classic example of reverse psychology.

Spoony_Tech

I still don't think anybody still really cares either way. The only people upset were the people that know about the game to begin with which amounts to a small amount of people imo.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

veeflames

The calm after the tweet is somewhat baffling. And I was just getting used to the unnecessary bashing, arguments and comments in the past few days!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TromboneGamer

@CanisWolfred: Unseen64 is in fact quite credible. Either strong assumptions were made about Devil's Third publisher in the states or Nintendo isn't publishing the game themselves but partnering with another publisher such as XSEED.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

-Green-

@TromboneGamer: What has Unseen64 actually leaked in the past?

-Green-

@TromboneGamer: Leaks of possible future events similar to the recent one. I've heard that Unseen64 has only ever really been capable at uncovering past cases, and not future ones. The incident with this rumor kind of makes it look their right, especially with how Unseen64 reacted.

dumedum

NoA's response was epic. It's like: "we don't know what the hell you all have been talking about here. By the way, we are looking forward for Devils Third". Loved it.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

jump

Has anyone actually checked to see if the embargo lifts on 15th July to validate Unseen64?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kyuubikid213

I wasn't exactly looking forward to Devil's Third. When they teased Bayonetta 2, I was ready for it. Set to go.

I'll get Devil's Third if it reviews well...or at least a 5/10. It looks interesting enough, but at the same time, I'm wanting to get a PS4, Fatal Frame, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and a handful of other games...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

ROBLOGNICK

To me, this game sort of has the look of Disaster: Day of Crisis about it. If you get what I mean. At the time, Wii games were already looking dated and D:DOC just looked bad. Plus some of the technical aspects of the game were really quite jarring at the time.

I've not played the game but in some of the videos I've seen some of the technical glitches which, you know, could be ironed out but the developer probably hasn't got the time or money. I don't think the game looks terrible. It definitely looks like a last gen game quickly ported to machine it was never intended to be on. Which is what we've got.

There seems to be some witch hunt going on with this game. Sites seem dead set on giving this game a bad name and black listing it.

Though I should make clear, I don't have any intention of buying this game at all. It's not my type of game.

Edited on by ROBLOGNICK

ROBLOGNICK

Twitter:

erv

Aaaaaand... I'm not buying it anymore, lol!

Oh well. I'm a squid now.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Spoony_Tech

And yet from day one this game never interested me. The main character says a lot about a game and that's all I needed to say no thanks.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

And yet from day one this game never interested me. The main character says a lot about a game and that's all I needed to say no thanks.

Same. I avoided these kinds of dumb, macho action games like the plague on the 360, and I certainly didn't buy a Nintendo console to play them. The reveal trailer was enough to permanently turn me off of this.

I get that Nintendo wants to diversify and host more adult games, but this is not the way to go. I'd like to see less of Devil's Third and more stuff like Bayonetta, Fatal Frame, and Deus Ex.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

havokpants

i liked (loved) duke nukem forever i'm still getting it

havokpants

Nintendo Network ID: HavokPants

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.