Forums

Topic: Devil's Third - OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 490

veeflames

WebHead wrote:

really getting tired of NoA's nonsense.

It's not even been confirmed yet. -_-
Unseen64 is known for its old/cancelled game trivia, but not so much for reporting on rumors.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TromboneGamer

@Peach64: It never really looked particularly bad to me, but the inconsistent frame rate was the BIG thing I hoped they would fix and it would seem that didn't happen. Unfortunately for those looking forward to the game the naysayers were probably right. Would still like to try the game and judge it for myself though.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Unseen64 is known for its old/cancelled game trivia, but not so much for reporting on rumors.

Yeah, I'm not really trusting this until I hear more for the horses mouth, so to speak...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

cookiex

From an EU perspective I'm disappointed if the game is as bad as they say. I was hoping it would turn out decent since I always thought the game had promise despite all the rough edges I saw last year.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Grumblevolcano

I'm calling it now, NoA will cancel Fatal Frame 5 localization too.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Aromaiden wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Glad to see Nintendo of America knows what's best for us!

I'm going to be honest here. I don't mind them not releasing the game because in this case I find that it's justified. The game according to their words, had several things wrong it. Things such as terrible frame rate, voice acting, control issues, and was apparently a dull and boring game that failed to be neither a good action game or shooter. If Nintendo themselves found the game to be so poor that it shouldn't be released then it is probably in the best interest of everyone that it isn't.

In fairness NintyUS considered Disaster: Day of Crisis to be the same thing and that was a decent game still.

A couple of things I find odd is according to Unseen64 the embargo lifts on the 15th July, if the game was that bad wouldn't they leave it til Aug/release day as to not prevent pre-orders being canned which seems to be standard for bad game releases and they have never included it in any of the E3 shows which to me is showing NintyUS never had much faith in the title from the get go.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WebHead

CanisWolfred wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Yeah, I'm not really trusting this until I hear more for the horses mouth, so to speak...

Unseen64 is a very credible site. NoA still sucks regardless.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Jazzer94

If the game was as bad as suggested would any of you even brought it?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

jump

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unless it's a Superman 64 type wreck then I'm still gonna get it, by the NintyUS previously used example of Disaster I don't think it should be automatically discounted just because it doesn't meet their standards.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

TromboneGamer

@Jazzer94: I'm not sure, but I definitely want to try it. The burn would probably sting even more if everything said about the game so far came to light though.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

Jazzer94

arronishere wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Unless it's a Superman 64 type wreck then I'm still gonna get it, by the NintyUS previously used example of Disaster I don't think it should be automatically discounted just because it doesn't meet their standards.

If it gets 4 or 5s out of 10 I want visual evidence that you purchased it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Grumblevolcano

arronishere wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Lol Superman 64, I wonder if Nintendo will release that on NA Virtual Console before Zero Mission...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

erv

It probably isn't bad, but it could be that it features content that does not align with the brand image of nintendo for north america. I would wait and see, it's most likely that not the noA people are to blame, but rather the "omg my son saw a nipple while innocently bashing someones head in sue them for 3 quadrillion" culture on the ground that makes it a risky bet for nintendo to deal with.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

rallydefault

I remember thinking, "Man...this game looks super janky" when IGN was doing that post-E3 interview with the director last year. At the time, I was honestly surprised Nintendo was continuing to support it.

Ultimately, I think this was a good decision, and I'm not surprised in the least.

rallydefault

jump

It's probably click bait but Siliconera are claiming Devil's Third has got a new publisher for the US but offers no other details. It's probably Xseed since they released the other Ninty games like Pandora's Tower and The Last Story which NintyUS didn't want to release.

Also Itagaki commented on Facebook not to believe lies of this world or something to that effect which prompted Unseen64 to say on his wall he repespects his work and can he comfirm what's going on with a US release.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Andyliini

Untitled

NoA just tweeted and confirmed that the game is coming to Americas too.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I'm surprised NoA is tweeting this tbh after the no show at E3.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Spoony_Tech: I think the Unseen64 thing likely forced them to do this, this kind of rumour will be continuously damaging until resolved.

Grumblevolcano

kkslider5552000

I'm starting to think this was the best marketing idea they could've come up with.

Let me make this clear, until they ignored the game, almost NO ONE cared about this game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm starting to think this was the best marketing idea they could've come up with.

Let me make this clear, until they ignored the game, almost NO ONE cared about this game.

What do you mean by until they ignored this game? They didn't bother to put it any of the main E3 announcements, it's been missing from all of the directs etc so they have pretty much ignored it from the get go.

Nicolai wrote:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.