Wii U Forum

Topic: Deus Ex No Longer Wii U Exclusive

Showing 1 to 14 of 14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tsm7

1. Posted:

I saw this coming and I'm pretty upset about. it. Going to PS360, Mac, using Vita and Smartglass....

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuardianKing

2. Posted:

Do you know how old Deus Ex is?!

The Wii U got the port, not a brand new game! It was never exclusive to begin with.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tsm7

3. Posted:

It's more the fact that they can't even hold onto a director's cut.

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

4. Posted:

It's going to Mac, but not PCs... something doesn't sound right about that.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2..

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tsm7

5. Posted:

Also, it probably would've come out on that rumored May date and now will be pushed to fall.
That and how many people will really buy an updated version on the other systems? I never played it because I own Nintendo consoles. They wouldn't be able to have the graphic updates on the older consoles and I don't see smartglass taking off like they think it will.

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

6. Posted:

I never bought the original. If it's coming to PS3 now, I guess this would be the version to get.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

7. Posted:

tsm7 wrote:

Also, it probably would've come out on that rumored May date and now will be pushed to fall.
That and how many people will really buy an updated version on the other systems? I never played it because I own Nintendo consoles. They wouldn't be able to have the graphic updates on the older consoles and I don't see smartglass taking off like they think it will.

It's doubtful the original version of Dues Ex used up all of the PS360's graphical potential and power. It's very possible for them to update the graphics a bit on the PS360.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2..

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamer83

8. Posted:

Played the original release on PS3 recently actually, and love it but I wouldn't buy it again. Maybe if it was going to PS4. Still this is another kick in the nuts to Wii U owners. Not as hard a one as Rayman or a few others but still pretty crappy. I agree with the sentiment that not many will buy it for the other systems anyway, those who wanted to play it have already played it and now it's about waiting for newer releases.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

9. Posted:

tsm7 wrote:

It's more the fact that they can't even hold onto a director's cut.

The Wii U version is still the Wii U version; as in a distinct entity, using the Gamepad extensively if I'm not mistaken.

CanisWolfred wrote:

Obviously you guys have been watching too much Anime. Maybe Link will photosythesis, too?.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

10. Posted:

Port of a 2 year old game,that's going multi-latform.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

11. Posted:

Not a big deal. Plus, I would think Square Enix has the common sense to not use a 2 year old port, regardless of enhancements, as a platform viability test.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

12. Posted:

Yeah, I don't see why would anyone care. I haven't played it, and want to play it on the Wii U with the GamePad. This doesn't change a thing and it's totally no news to me.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GoombaSlayer

13. Posted:

The good thing about this is that its likely to sell more on the Wii U then other platforms and maybe Square Enix can get something out of that in future support. Of course this is just a wishful thought.. but since basically all PS360 gamers YELLED at the Directors Cut since it was "old" and "basically given away for free" on other platforms.. I guess we will see if they said all this just because it was for Wii U or if they will go buy the game now anyway..

GoombaSlayer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

14. Posted:

GoombaSlayer wrote:

The good thing about this is that its likely to sell more on the Wii U then other platforms and maybe Square Enix can get something out of that in future support. Of course this is just a wishful thought.. but since basically all PS360 gamers YELLED at the Directors Cut since it was "old" and "basically given away for free" on other platforms.. I guess we will see if they said all this just because it was for Wii U or if they will go buy the game now anyway..

Well the director's cut was probably on its way to PS3/360 before the announcement since the game never had a director's cut. Plus I fear Wii U owners boycotting the game now which would be bad in the long run.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70