Wii U Forum

Topic: Deus Ex: HR - Director's Cut - DO NOT SUPPORT

Showing 1 to 20 of 43

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yvanjean

1. Posted:

Square Enix is charging 20$ more then other consoles for this game on WiiU. I will grant them that the graphic have been upgraded for the WiiU version and maximized for the gamepad but here are the reason why we should not support this game:

First - This game was schedule to be release on WiiU in May 2013, but we had to suffer a 6 months delay for them to work on the Xbox 360 and PS3 version.
Second - The WiiU version cost $20 more then other console version.
Finally - As a remake with Gamepad control exclusive to WiiU this game was worth $50, but now it's simply a multi-console port of a 2 year old game.

3rd party always complain that Nintendo console owner don't support their product but sadly for them we're just informed customer that won't stand for lack in quality and price gauging.

yvanjean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Toad

2. Posted:

Heh, this reminds me of the rayman origins.
In terms of delay and of how good it is in the end.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Beetlejuice

3. Posted:

yvanjean wrote:

3rd party always complain that Nintendo console owner don't support their product but sadly for them we're just informed customer that won't stand for lack in quality and price gauging.

The game has been upgraded with gamepad controls and a fresh coat of paint. Lack of quality? How?

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

4. Posted:

Support 3rd Party if you want more 3rd Party! If you don't want more 3rd Party then don't support it. It is that simple.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

5. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Support 3rd Party if you want more 3rd Party! If you don't want more 3rd Party then don't support it. It is that simple.

no it's not that simple.
when a game is finished and gets delayed just so other consoles will get it too and even cheaper then people really have an argument for not supporting such publishers.

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yvanjean

6. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

yvanjean wrote:

3rd party always complain that Nintendo console owner don't support their product but sadly for them we're just informed customer that won't stand for lack in quality and price gauging.

The game has been upgraded with gamepad controls and a fresh coat of paint. Lack of quality? How?

Well Deus Ex: HR - Director cut is only price gauging.

When talking about lack of quality i'm referring to game like Disney's Plane, Rabbids Land, Game Party Champion, etc.

yvanjean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

7. Posted:

I think is pretty obvious that this game (just like with various others) will be best on Wii U despite delays.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

8. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Support 3rd Party if you want more 3rd Party! If you don't want more 3rd Party then don't support it. It is that simple.

no it's not that simple.
when a game is finished and gets delayed just so other consoles will get it too and even cheaper then people really have an argument for not supporting such publishers.

I am not saying your argument is not valid but the truth of the matter is, if 3rd Party make money on Wii U then they will support Wii U more.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morphbug

9. Posted:

Weren't they making their previously wiiu exclusive games available to other consoles because people haven't been supporting them in the first place?

The wiiu is already a dangerous territory for third parties, why damage them and us even more by trying to convince people not to supporting them?

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yvanjean

10. Posted:

Morpheel wrote:

Weren't they making their previously wiiu exclusive games available to other consoles because people haven't been supporting them in the first place?

The wiiu is already a dangerous territory for third parties, why damage them and us even more by trying to convince people not to supporting them?

They're selling us a 30$ game at $50. We're better off supporting games from Sega, Platinum Games, WB games & Monolith. These are the developers that will produce future great title on the WiiU. Even if Deus Ex sold 500 million copies we're probably never going to see the next Final fantasy on Wii U.

Dibs on WB Games , they made a difficult decision of cutting the multiplayer from the WiiU version but that came with an announcement of a price drop.

Edited on by yvanjean

yvanjean

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

11. Posted:

It's the EA syndrome all over again. :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

taffy

12. Posted:

Should point out that this only applies to North America, the game is going for a decent price in Europe. Not sure about Australia and New Zealand though

Nintendo Network ID: sgt.taffy
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3 - Special Edition

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

13. Posted:

The constant struggle with 3rd party games on Wii U. It's always either:

"Everyone support this! We need 3rd party support and we can't afford to lose [3rd party developer goes here]!"

or

"Don't EVER support this! There's 1 thing different here in this version than other versions! Developer is LAZY and SELFISH!"

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

14. Posted:

I've been pretty mad about this too but I felt like making the rare (for me) choice to respect everyone's opinion and intelligence enough to not actively tell them what to do with their money. Probably because if you can ignore the bottomless stupidity of the situation, on its own the game probably deserves ALL the money.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

15. Posted:

It's a really tricky situation when developers do something like this. On one hand, if you support the game, it just shows the developers that they can get away with things like leaving out modes, DLC, or in this case, charging more than other versions. If the game doesn't get supported, the developers will blame the consumers and stop supporting the console. There isn't a good answer to this problem other than debs just giving everyone fair treatment, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

16. Posted:

I'm not really a fan of actively not supporting a game for reasons beyond your opinion of the game, unless the people behind it are seriously terrible people instead of just profoundly greedy. (which I've only done for EA during the whole anon employee fiasco, almost done it for Capcom)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samurai_Goroh

17. Posted:

People should just stop thinking about supporting or boycotting developers. Buy the games you want to play, if you have the money for them. Don't buy games you don't really want to play, just because you think you're showing support and the devs deserve. If you want Deus Ex, buy it, you're not proving anything by boycotting a game. If it is too expensive to your liking, do as I usually do, wait till the price drops a bit. Be a little selfish, make the games purchase decision process all about you and what you want. Works for me.

Samurai_Goroh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

18. Posted:

this game is well worth the money, If you want 3rd party on the Wii U to continue, then why would you boycott? They needed to increase the price on the Wii U version because it won't sell as much, and they need to make it worth it for them to port it.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Coggit

19. Posted:

Deus Ex is super cheap in Europe. Just £23 on Wii U. Although I picked Deus Ex with all DLC for like £5 during the Steam Sale.

Coggit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sidewinder

20. Posted:

If you don't support you won't get games.

Sidewinder

Sorry, this topic has been locked.