Wii U Forum

Topic: Deus Ex, Batman and You!

Showing 21 to 38 of 38

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

21. Posted:

It's just like Capcom with their hyper, super, arcade, etc. editions. Everyone should know at this point that they should never buy Street Fighter. They don't even give DLC to "complete" your game. Granted, Mortal Kombat and Injustice will have a better edition, but at least the older copies of the game can still opt for the DLC.

The novelty factor for buying a game when it's "hot and fresh" just doesn't hold up that much anymore.

From what I understand, the Wii U version will still perform better visually and stability wise. Unless they magically upped the graphics from the original on both the Xbox 360 and PS3, I still see Wii U's version beong the best, especially since you don't need a Vita or tablet for the second screen stuff. I'd say it's somewhat justified, but it's already an older game when people obviously want new stuff.

The Wii U was/is criticised to no end for having ports of year old games. Although they're better, it's time for some new stuff that you can only play on newer systems. Nintendo's new games and those few 7th/8th gen games seem to be all we're waiting for. AC, COD, FIFA, BF, etc. games will be on both 7th gen and 8th gen platforms, and I feel like EA confirming all those games at 2011 E3, then withdrawing those claims of more support is really a blow to EA.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tebunker

22. Posted:

I said this in the other thread about this, but I think it is just the large disparity in price that makes people question it.

However, when you think about it, Wii U owners get full benefit of the title out of the box, not needing a Vita or Smartglass for the 2nd screen functions. Wii U owners are paying more for that development. It isn't the same game on PS3/360 because of the 2nd screen. Now it is up to SE to prove that these features are worth $20 more.

As well, this could have come at some urging from NOA, first because the price in Europe is a lot less, and second, $29.99 implies a certain quality at launch, and since this game doesn't necessarily have a user base on Wii U, it could be part of why they launched at $50.

Also, it is a double edged sword, yes buy the game to show them that you want more games like this, but email and tweet and FB post them telling why you bought it and how it made you feel. It is the only way to send the message.

Me, personally, I may wait for a sale, but I know once that Miiverse goes up I am going to continually question the price and mention how I will wait for a price drop.

Edited on by tebunker

tebunker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

23. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

It's just like Capcom with their hyper, super, arcade, etc. editions. Everyone should know at this point that they should never buy Street Fighter. They don't even give DLC to "complete" your game. Granted, Mortal Kombat and Injustice will have a better edition, but at least the older copies of the game can still opt for the DLC.

They've given out the aditional versions of Street Fighter IV as DLC since Arcade Edition. Only costs about $20 to upgrade.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

24. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
I never actually owned Street Fighter IV. I just figured you couldn't get the extra characters, because I know some characters were left out of Mvs.C3: Fate of Two Worlds that weren't available as DLC. I was pissed I bought the game at all, especially with Ultimate coming out not that long after...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tebunker

25. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeHoOecyhsw#t=245

it is hard to watch this and not want to drop the $50 bones. They put some work into this.

tebunker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

26. Posted:

tebunker wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeHoOecyhsw#t=245

it is hard to watch this and not want to drop the $50 bones. They put some work into this.

I know. I honestly feel bad for the devs because of this. It's not their fault Square Enix is dumb. Poor guys. :(

I'll say right now, if I somehow get enough money to justify purchasing it (in other words, it doesn't get in the way of purchasing other games I really want) or if they somehow decide to change the Wii U price back to 30, I'll try and get it. Honestly, if they do that and the 360 version is the only one I can find, I'll get that version just to support sanity prevailing. In either scenario, I'd obviously sell the original version.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

27. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tebunker wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeHoOecyhsw#t=245

it is hard to watch this and not want to drop the $50 bones. They put some work into this.

I know. I honestly feel bad for the devs because of this. It's not their fault Square Enix is dumb. Poor guys. :(

I'll say right now, if I somehow get enough money to justify purchasing it (in other words, it doesn't get in the way of purchasing other games I really want) or if they somehow decide to change the Wii U price back to 30, I'll try and get it. Honestly, if they do that and the 360 version is the only one I can find, I'll get that version just to support sanity prevailing. In either scenario, I'd obviously sell the original version.

Part of me wonders if Deus Ex does well on Wii U if Kingdom Hearts might be considered for Wii U... Just an Idea

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

28. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

tebunker wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeHoOecyhsw#t=245

it is hard to watch this and not want to drop the $50 bones. They put some work into this.

I know. I honestly feel bad for the devs because of this. It's not their fault Square Enix is dumb. Poor guys. :(

I'll say right now, if I somehow get enough money to justify purchasing it (in other words, it doesn't get in the way of purchasing other games I really want) or if they somehow decide to change the Wii U price back to 30, I'll try and get it. Honestly, if they do that and the 360 version is the only one I can find, I'll get that version just to support sanity prevailing. In either scenario, I'd obviously sell the original version.

Part of me wonders if Deus Ex does well on Wii U if Kingdom Hearts might be considered for Wii U... Just an Idea

It wouldn't hurt. But that's unlikely to be relevant considering how different they are. But of course, this decision in the first place makes me think SE might be dumb enough to believe Deus Ex fans and Kingdom Hearts fans are somehow the exact same people.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

29. Posted:

Man... I dunno what to say. I still think the best version for this game will be on Wii U because of the Gamepad integration. This is kinda like the Rayman Legends situation. The best version is sitll on Wii U regardless that its on other platforms. Does that mean we gotta pay 20 bucks more for the high quality? Maybe so.
Oh and one more thing... Nintendo needs to use some of that cash they're making from Pokemon X/Y and buy Platinum Games and any other company whose willing to make games exclusive to Nintendo. Because... if games like Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 don't do that well. (as in great games but not that much profit).. it will be kinda okay because Nintendo has Platinum Games back.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

30. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Man... I dunno what to say. I still think the best version for this game will be on Wii U because of the Gamepad integration. This is kinda like the Rayman Legends situation. The best version is sitll on Wii U regardless that its on other platforms. Does that mean we gotta pay 20 bucks more for the high quality? Maybe so.
Oh and one more thing... Nintendo needs to use some of that cash they're making from Pokemon X/Y and buy Platinum Games and any other company whose willing to make games exclusive to Nintendo. Because... if games like Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 don't do that well. (as in great games but not that much profit).. it will be kinda okay because Nintendo has Platinum Games back.

I agree, but you're thinking in reverse order. If Bayonetta 2 fails, THEN Nintendo can buy them. ...but that would never happen, and Platinum doesn't seem like the type of company that wants to be owned by a publisher like that.

Capcom's still my main idea for buying. Nintendo could seriously win everything just by having exclusive rights to the Megaman/Street Fighter/Resident Evil series.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

31. Posted:

I will be buying Deux Ex for the Wii U but in a few months when the price drops. It's really not a big deal. The important thing is that the Wii U is the definitive version.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PorllM

32. Posted:

Deus ex for wii u is £21.85 on shopto, it's a steal for that

PorllM

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tebunker

33. Posted:

PorllM wrote:

Deus ex for wii u is £21.85 on shopto, it's a steal for that

Yeah if I lived in euroland/uk I would buy 2 copies at those prices, 1 for me and 1 for a friend

tebunker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samurai_Goroh

34. Posted:

I just don't understand how the suits at Square-Enix Europe decided on a budget price and the US counterparts just decided to piss on Wii U costumers. Lucky I'm an European.

Samurai_Goroh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

35. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Man... I dunno what to say. I still think the best version for this game will be on Wii U because of the Gamepad integration. This is kinda like the Rayman Legends situation. The best version is sitll on Wii U regardless that its on other platforms. Does that mean we gotta pay 20 bucks more for the high quality? Maybe so.
Oh and one more thing... Nintendo needs to use some of that cash they're making from Pokemon X/Y and buy Platinum Games and any other company whose willing to make games exclusive to Nintendo. Because... if games like Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 don't do that well. (as in great games but not that much profit).. it will be kinda okay because Nintendo has Platinum Games back.

I agree, but you're thinking in reverse order. If Bayonetta 2 fails, THEN Nintendo can buy them. ...but that would never happen, and Platinum doesn't seem like the type of company that wants to be owned by a publisher like that.

Capcom's still my main idea for buying. Nintendo could seriously win everything just by having exclusive rights to the Megaman/Street Fighter/Resident Evil series.

I understand you. I thought Hideo Kamiya said that he would love for Platinum Games to be bought out by Nintendo? Nintendo REALLY needs to do it. Nintendo has the cash. They need to get more aggresive like Sony and Microsoft.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tebunker

36. Posted:

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

I just don't understand how the suits at Square-Enix Europe decided on a budget price and the US counterparts just decided to piss on Wii U costumers. Lucky I'm an European.

It probably has nothing to do with SE and everything to do with the fact that stores in UK/Euroland don't fillow RRP/MSRP as much as they do in the states. So odds are these stores saw the other versions with lower RRPs and just priced/discounted them all the same.

tebunker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Phatosaurus

37. Posted:

uptownsoul wrote:

cookiex wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Stormnova wrote:

On Amazon UK the Wii U version is £24 and the Xbox and PS3 are £25 but Arkham Origins still costs more at £38.

I've heard lower cost pre-orders stay that way for you if you buy them before they change to the "real" price on Amazon. So maybe take advantage of that before they change it and you might get lucky? ...I'd ask someone who actually knows about Amazon though.

Amazon has pre-order price guarantee, so if you pre-order now then they won't charge you for the difference if they bump up the price later.

ADDITION: part of this is nintendo's own fault. i know some may hate this but microsoft and sony are paying these 3rd party devs to keep things exclusive, at least a limited time (ie titlanfall for xb1). nintendo has all this money saved up. if they went with some to square enix maybe they could have kept it exclusive for at least a time and then there'd be no cheaper director's cut

I do think Nintendo should money hat mor developers/publishers, but I could never see them moneyhatting Square Enix to keep an upgraded port of a 2 year old game timed exclusive.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AJWolfTill

38. Posted:

tebunker wrote:

PorllM wrote:

Deus ex for wii u is £21.85 on shopto, it's a steal for that

Yeah if I lived in euroland/uk I would buy 2 copies at those prices, 1 for me and 1 for a friend

This whole issue is hard to grasp for me since I have preordered this game from Shop to.
I do however wonder whether the pricing decision is really up to Square Enix because this is happening. Sure the Wii U version is still £2 more expensive give or take but that doesn't bother me in the slightest considering it was made for the console. Only 5 days to wait now!
Square Enix are really not a company I want the Wii U to miss out on.

AJWolfTill

Nintendo Network ID: NonaryGamer