Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 801 to 820 of 835

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

^Preference, maybe? Even I like Chrono Trigger more than Xenoblade, since I like it has far better pacing and I liked the story more.

even as a Xenoblade fan, I can't deny it has very bad pacing where you get distracted for 5 hours by sidequests for every hour of main quest.

also, there's like 10 hours that would've been meh if it had not been buildup for awesome payoffs

Undecided on story. Probably Xenoblade because I prefer its first few hours greatly from a story perspective but they're both pretty awesome JRPG stories.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheLilK98

@CanisWolfred Which is fine, but he was stating it as though it was a cold hard fact. I'm not saying he can't prefer CT, but I am saying that he can't just decide that he has the final word on which game is better, as they're both amazing. And I played through the first XIII on my brother's 360, and I'm never touching it again, no matter if II is better or not.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

Chrono Trigger could have been so much more if my A button wasn't messed up when I tried to play it(also wish I knew at the time it was my DS that was messed up not the game...)
I might give it another chance if I ever find the DS version to buy again, I bet I'll love it if I play on my 3DS, that has all the buttons working(unlike my DSLite)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CanisWolfred

TheLilK98 wrote:

And I played through the first XIII on my brother's 360, and I'm never touching it again, no matter if II is better or not.

Okay, but it's still not right to trash on the second and third game if you haven't played them. :/

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MamaLuigi

That would be awesome if FFXV gets exceptional reviews.... XDD

Otherwise my money's on X. Inevitably Sakaguchi will have something down the road as well.

It would take some daring DLC move like with the Nintendo crossover additions in Sonic Lost World for FFXV to even sell on any Nintendo platform...

MamaLuigi

banacheck

Everyone has there own opinion's, i'm not that big of fan of FF game's for "me" Kingdom Hearts, Demon's Soul's & Dark Soul's wipes the floor with them, what made me take notice of FFXV is it's gameplay.

banacheck

triforcepower73

DefHalan wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

Why demand FF XV when we're getting a FAAAR superior game in the form of Monolith Soft's X?

Why not both?

Hmm... Good idea!

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

triforcepower73

RancidVomit86 wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

Why demand FF XV when we're getting a FAAAR superior game in the form of Monolith Soft's X?

Assumptions make an well you know the saying. We don't know how good or bad either game will be.

You know, you may be right. But I'm just going off the fact that Xenoblade is arguably better than any FF released so far. And the executive director of both Xenoblade and X, Tetsuya Takahashi, said that Xenoblade(which, again, is arguably better than FF) was just an experiment so they could see what they could really do on a more powerful system(Wii U). I'm basing my assumptions off the track records of both companies for the past decade.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Jaz007

FFXV also entered development almost a decade ago. Plus I see a lot of poeple comparing it to Kingdom Hearts, which has been recover favorably recently.

Jaz007

shingi_70

The XIII aren't even that bad. I'd rank them as pretty low on the final Fantasy Tier but I've played worst games in the genre.

Who's to say XV won't knock out socks off. Square's track record lightning returns aside has been decent with Bravely Default and Final Fantasy XIV.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

And I played through the first XIII on my brother's 360, and I'm never touching it again, no matter if II is better or not.

Okay, but it's still not right to trash on the second and third game if you haven't played them. :/

@CanisWolfred While that is somewhat good logic.... does a person need to play Ride to Hell: Retribution or Aliens: Colonial Marines to know that they are garbage? Does someone need to play that outrageously bad Duke Nukem game to know thats its garbage?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Jaz007 wrote:

FFXV also entered development almost a decade ago. Plus I see a lot of poeple comparing it to Kingdom Hearts, which has been recover favorably recently.

Most KH fans can agree that the gameplay and the animations are the best part of KH. The STORY of KH is a joke!!! ITS AWFUL and makes NO SENSE!!! In KH 3D... there's a feature that lets you do a recap of all the previous KH games. You get to read what happens in the story. ITS PRETTY FREAKING STUPID.

Master of the Hype Train

RancidVomit86

Blast wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

@CanisWolfred While that is somewhat good logic.... does a person need to play Ride to Hell: Retribution or Aliens: Colonial Marines to know that they are garbage? Does someone need to play that outrageously bad Duke Nukem game to know thats its garbage?

While some call them garbage if you play them you might have fun. Never know till you try.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Blast

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Blast wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

While some call them garbage if you play them you might have fun. Never know till you try.

@RancidVomit86 ... Well... that's true...

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

I absolutely hated the first Final Fantasy XIII so I have no reason to play the sequels.

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

Unca_Lz wrote:

I absolutely hated the first Final Fantasy XIII so I have no reason to play the sequels.

Same here. I didn't even care to finish it.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

Even if the sequels were good, I remind people that other good JRPGs you haven't bought would also exist. Which I hope is partially why sales are down for those sequels. "I could buy this sequel to this game I didn't like or I could buy something else". The answer is usually pretty obvious.

Also if I can go past my possible eternal hatred for this part of Final Fantasy, first impressions can be so important for a series. Even now I see people occasionally wondering if Assassin's Creed ever got better after the first one. Assassin's Creed 2 came out in 2009. Yeah.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

@kkslider5552000
That happened to me with AC. I always heard how people liked it, so I bought it and ended up not liking it at all. I think it's a good showcase for what Xbox 360 and PS3 could do, but gameplay was pretty poor by today's standards, IMO.

Seriously, how many times is that guy going to acess his ancestor's memory? Somehow every single one of his ancestors was an assassin? At this point, this guy's family was an assassin throughout the entirety of history.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Even if the sequels were good, I remind people that other good JRPGs you haven't bought would also exist. Which I hope is partially why sales are down for those sequels. "I could buy this sequel to this game I didn't like or I could buy something else". The answer is usually pretty obvious.

Also if I can go past my possible eternal hatred for this part of Final Fantasy, first impressions can be so important for a series. Even now I see people occasionally wondering if Assassin's Creed ever got better after the first one. Assassin's Creed 2 came out in 2009. Yeah.

The difference being that AC improved with each new installment and Black Flag is actually an incredible game. FFXIII followed a path more like "Oh, you didn't like the linearity? OK, fair enough. We'll fix that. By the way, we've made everything else dumber lol."

For JRPG fans on a budget, your money for the entire 7th gen was better spent on Tales of than Final Fantasy.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

Except Tales was pretty dumbed down last gen, too, Vesperia aside...hopefully Zerestia will be really good, but otherwise I'm losing faith in that series faster than Final Fantasy.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.