Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 761 to 780 of 835

Oragami

CanisWolfred wrote:

What proof do you have that there is a Market?

It has been repeatedly stated on here that there is a Kingdom Hearts fanbase on the Wii U because the DS had Kingdom Hearts games. The same goes for Final Fantasy. The DS had 8 games with the Final Fantasy label. These games sold well enough to warrant continued business, and the majority of people who purchased them were Nintendo fans, and the Wii U market is comprised almost exclusively of Nintendo fans.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Janfeae

Well I sure tried, but to each his own I suppose. I know this thread isn't a petition, but there is an existing one for people who actually want to do something about getting their chance to play it. You guys can admit it's a long-shot, but won't see that tiny forum threads don't capture the attention of big time companies. Numbers attract their attention because numbers = potential money. What does square stand to gain for trying to make a Wii U version happen; I mean literally one thing from the companies perspective. Not as gamers who want to experience it, as a multi million dollar company who would need to pay big money and take a big risk, on top of a game with a very large budget; especially when Nintendo's first party content's sales numbers are relatively low based on time released.

There really is nothing to discuss when it comes to XV on Wii U. The blatant fact is, right now it's not coming to Wii U, and it's not just because of a console that isn't doing so well right now. Discussing possibility is borderline pointless, but if it instills hope, then it's cool I suppose. However, Square Enix isn't even considering it right now, and they very likely never will. This goes for almost all of their current projects, which can also be backed up by statements straight from the developments themselves. Statements not even a month old, so it is very relevant. What is there to discuss past, "I like XV and want it on the Wii"? Even if that was the premise, I don't even think there are even 100 adapters in this thread alone on a primarily Nintendo website. Lots of games that were to come to the Wii U, backed out at some point. There certainly aren't any real cases of the Wii U being added to the roster in a games final stages, if any so far. KH3 and XV from a technological standpoint are huge games, that require a lot of power to support the engine being run. Comments about Direct X11 and Microsoft are void. Playstation is the building block for XV, despite DirectX being a Mircosoft program, and that is also factual, and not opinionated or debatable (the interviews we have thus far confirms so many things). I wasn't going to post again like I said, so I'm not going to copy and paste the bold facts when it comes to hardware and the absolute MAXIMUM output a WIi U is capable of. I just tried to offer my friendly advice if you're really serious about this thing. Discussing it here won't mean anything to Square or Nomura, and I just wanted you to see that, that's all. Don't want to rile anyone up or further frustrate anyone. But either way, for the millionth time, good luck lol and no more responses please No need, I know this will all be glossed over, and the cycle will continue, which is perfectly fine. I will assume everyone here disagrees, and that's more than fine

I may return when new info comes out to see if there's any mention of Nintendo.

Janfeae

RancidVomit86

Oragami wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It has been repeatedly stated on here that there is a Kingdom Hearts fanbase on the Wii U because the DS had Kingdom Hearts games. The same goes for Final Fantasy. The DS had 8 games with the Final Fantasy label. These games sold well enough to warrant continued business, and the majority of people who purchased them were Nintendo fans, and the Wii U market is comprised almost exclusively of Nintendo fans.

In all fairness I don't know about this most of the people who purchased them were Nintendo fans as the DS appealed to more than just Nintendo fans with its wide array of games(which if anything that could be the reason to put it on Wii U hoping bigger range of titles could attract buyers on the fence but that would take Nintendo pulling a lot of strings). But I may be wrong and you somehow may know the demographics that purchased each title.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

LzWinky

Oragami wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

And you have yet to prove that this "market" doesn't already have other systems. Yet you keep insisting that we're wrong based on assumptions you made up

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Oragami

Unca_Lz wrote:

Oragami wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

And you have yet to prove that this "market" doesn't already have other systems. Yet you keep insisting that we're wrong based on assumptions you made up

THIS THREAD IS ALL MADE UP ASSUMPTIONS!

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

Alright, I'm getting kind of tired of coming here several times a day and arguing about something that truly has no impact on the majority of my life. This thread will probably get another surge of life again after this, just like last time I tried to quit this, and I will most likely come back and argue some more, but I'm going to stop coming for a while because this takes a lot of time to maintain, time I just don't have.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Mickey

Woah. I think it's about time for you to take a little time off from this thread. It looks like it's beginning to affect you. I guess you agree.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Blast

Oragami wrote:

Alright, I'm getting kind of tired of coming here several times a day and arguing about something that truly has no impact on the majority of my life. This thread will probably get another surge of life again after this, just like last time I tried to quit this, and I will most likely come back and argue some more, but I'm going to stop coming for a while because this takes a lot of time to maintain, time I just don't have.

Hey, hey... don't feel bad. Its okay.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Oragami wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Oragami wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

And you keep saying we're wrong. You don't present any evidence to prove your points, hence why not many believe you

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Oragami

Unca_Lz wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Oragami wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

And you keep saying we're wrong. You don't present any evidence to prove your points, hence why not many believe you

I know I said I would stop (this is the last post for a while), but I simply believe my assumptions are more accurate than yours. It's like when people argue about which team is going to win in any sport. There is no proof that one will win, there are only predictions, and everybody believes their predictions are valid. That is the case here, hence why no side has gained any ground in this discussion. The only way we will know who was correct is if Square Enix releases FFXV on the Wii U.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

With that, I'm out! If I don't answer any new arguments presented against me from here on out, it's not because I give up, it's because I don't care and, I need a break.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

CanisWolfred wrote:

In other words, it's just a gut feeling?

(Sorry, I had to respond to this because he posted before I finished my final post).
Sort of. I have some evidence to back it up (as I have presented), as all of us do, but this evidence is being used for pure speculation, so no winner can ever be declared unless Square Enix releases FFXV on the Wii U.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

JaxonH

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can speak for myself here. I want AND WOULD BUY both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 on the Wii U. Yes, I own other consoles. But if the games came to Wii U, I would buy them on Wii U over the PS4, just like I do all other games that come to both systems. I value off-tv play, gamepad integration (and when applicable, Wiimote support) and free online over better graphics. That's just me, and I know that's just the voice of one Wii U owner, but that's my 2 cents.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

LzWinky

Oragami wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

In other words, it's just a gut feeling?

(Sorry, I had to respond to this because he posted before I finished my final post).
Sort of. I have some evidence to back it up (as I have presented), as all of us do, but this evidence is being used for pure speculation, so no winner can ever be declared unless Square Enix releases FFXV on the Wii U.

And if they don't? I won't deny that there's some demand for the game, but third parties don't want small markets for a big profile game like Final Fantasy. If they release it on a system, they want big sales. Square Enix has looked at 3rd party sales on Wii U (which are abysmally low) and the reaction of the market to the Wii U, and they don't feel like it's worthwhile. Hence our evidence to counter your assumptions.

Edited on by LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

I think we should just be patient for 2016.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

Isn't game coming out next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

@shingi_70
Maybe. I usually saw 2015 or 2016. Even if it is 2015, it could come out near the end of the year and it would basically be the same as 2016. It doesn't really matter. There's plenty of time between now and whenever it comes out.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

I could see it hitting next spring. Final Fantasy and JRPGS in general tend to favor spring release dates these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if DQX gets announced for PS4 soon.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

Well it was announced 8 years ago. Its release date is anyone's guess now

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.