Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 741 to 760 of 835

LzWinky

Oragami wrote:

Okay, well the Wii U was out and running a year before the PS4.

And sold pitiful numbers after its launch

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Oragami

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Oragami wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ok. That still doesn't change that Xbox had DVD. N64 was gonna have better graphics, so what made people want PS, specifically?

Are you truly that dense about this? PS was shown with games running before N64 and PS2 hit before people new what Xbox was all about and what it had. People were comparing PS2 to Dreamcast at launch and PS to Saturn at launch. Any other major competitor for PS released after. Sony was on the market offering the product before Nintendo or Microsoft. PS2 released a year before Xbox and Gamecube and PS released a year and half before N64.

And it hasn't had anything that caught consumers like Playstation did for the reasons I have listed. Let's face it the gamepad hasn't been the huge draw Nintendo hoped it would be and people are over the splash that motion control made. Apply a little common sense to the particular situations please.

Well, I was just elaborating on your argument that the PlayStation lines were more successful because they came out earlier. I don't think that's the reason why PlayStation is successful. It may be a factor, but there are many other reasons.
Oh, and the Wii U had better graphics than the PS3 and Xbox 360. That sounds like an edge over the competition.

Unca_Lz wrote:

Oragami wrote:

And sold pitiful numbers after its launch

You just supported my point.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Janfeae

Oragami, I think you're wasting your time on this thread. If you want to see this game on WIi U, you've got some serious work to do. You've got to round up some like-minded people and get them to sign that petition; there's about 5 million users out there thus far, so you'll surely find them. I know that's kind of what this thread was originally for, but it sure taken a turn lol You say you're getting over it (which is potentially best in the long run) But when they release new info/trailer in the next couple of weeks, I'm sure it will spark your desires again ha. In order to not be left out, you've got to make a difference.

People here will give you a ton of reasons why it's not happening right now. Unfortunately for you, a lot of them are right, but you can still change that. I'm not sure how you'll go about it, but I doubt this thread will get you anywhere. Square Enix most certainly won't see it, but companies do see numbers, like that of petitions that are available now as you know. Numbers=Profits. I can assure you won't get the same XV as the other companies, but if you get enough people, you stand a fighting chance. A bad example could be Sonic unleashed. The Wii received a version, but it was different than the original and couldn't even support HUB worlds; most certainly inferior, but all the same, it saw the light of day via Nintendo. There was crazy demand for that game because it was their first time experimenting with that style of play. It it the same thing with this Final Fantasy. Totally new, except the Wii U install base has no voice. People like you have to create that voice. As someone who's really rooting for you, I really wouldn't waste my time going back and forth with others, and I would take a different approach. I'd hate to see you waste the rest of your time debating with people here on this thread; something that means nothing to Square. You'll likely only further frustrate yourself with the responses you'll undoubtedly receive, just like the ones you have already. Contrary to belief, the Wii U can not handle all true next gen games (Outside of just graphics). But when enough money is thrown at a lot of technological stumbling blocks, solutions arise. Square Enix is in no state to be throwing money around gambling on silent numbers, especially with this game. So you've got to make it worth their while. They won't go to such lengths for a couple thousand fans.

But to be politely honest, I think there's little to no hope for it to make it, things as they are. So change it!

Janfeae

SCRAPPER392

@Janfeae
Why should we care if Square Enix doesn't?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

RancidVomit86

@Oragami But if you read my post you would understand I didn't say PS sold better just because it came out first but instead of what it was doing before others(the Wii is perfect example of selling well because it did something before Sony and Microsoft). As I said a little common sense and apparently the skills to read go a long way here.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

LzWinky

What percentage of petitions are successful? I bet the number is below 1%...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RancidVomit86

Unca_Lz wrote:

Especially 'I want this game on this system' ones.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Janfeae

Guys, in all honesty, I in no way believe it's coming to Wii U. Even those who do own a Wii U, will not entertain the thought and just buy it on another console, or not at all. You will argue that the Wii U is strong enough for the full game minus a few graphic pixels, but that's just now how games, engines, and programs work. Again, a computer can run something in 1p if it so wished, but even so, it doesn't mean that the computer can run next gen games. With basic computer knowledge, this much is obvious, but even still, people argue against it saying the developers are just lazy, selfish, or something along those lines. There are things that are beyond the Wii U. That isn't an opinionated statement. XV is quite likely to be amongst those things. All consoles are just computers at the core, and all computers cant handle every task, command, request, or load asked of them. The PS4 has quite a lead when it comes down to the real components, and yet people will state that if you turn the graphics down to 720p, the Wii U can take on just as much as a PS4. 1 dedicated Gig of Ram/ Tri (3) Core, to the PS4's 7 dedicated Gig's of ram, Octo (8) Cores. Do not convince yourself as though they are within the same parameters when it comes to capabilities. If graphics were truly the only issue, they would have kept it a PS3 exclusive. But as powerful as it was, it still wasn't enough for Nomura's plans. I will link to all interviews and knowledge of Versus XIII if it's really necessary to prove that it wasn't possible there, and that the problem was never the graphic quality. This effectively proves that it does take a lot of power to run some upcoming games, and that all systems can't handle everything.

Petitions and Kickstarters that reach the hundreds of thousands do change things. Most are unsuccessful because there numbers fall quite short of that. People barely know of the petitions existence in the first place. That is why him going back and forth with you guys is a waste of his time if he hopes to realize his wish ( no offense to you guys though) Developers sure know a heck of a lot more about making games than you guys, and naively calling them lazy stems from ignorance (not offensively, ignorance just meaning lack of knowledge on a certain subject). A petition with a couple hundred thousand signatures sure has a better chance than Square coming across this random thread on the internet with not even 100 people interested. I'm trying to end all the back and forth arguments; it's beginning to deviate from what he was trying to do in the first place.

Me personally, I don't own either console yet. I certainly have the means, but there are no noteworthy games. I was going to reserve for the PS4, but why spend an extra hundred dollars, when you won't buy any games for several months? So when XV gets a release date, I'll get one for $400 instead of $500. The same goes for the Wii U when it was new. I tried to reserve, but they were sold out, only to spend the money and find out they had them in surplus days later -_- When Smash Bros gets a release date, I will buy one of those too. But anyway, no matter how many factual or reasonable statements people make or present, there are always going to be those who oppose it.

So since this pattern will likely continue until this thread dies, I'm just trying to offer a little friendly advice so this guys hope has even a little chance of success. Going all out here will do nothing for him. In the end, rounding up followers will likely result in the same, but crazier things have happened. A lot of them started with someone with a goal, and people who believed in them. Against the crazy odds, I'll still try to be that guy who encourages the other, even if I'm on the PS4's side when it comes to XV.

Janfeae

SCRAPPER392

@Janfeae
No one is arguing whether PS4 is stronger or not. The topic at hand is FFXV.

Qwest

banacheck

UncBabel wrote:

What percentage of petitions are succsport l? I bet the number is below 1%...

You probably remember PS3 when it first got trophy support which was optional for dev's to add, game's like MGS4 & DMC4 obviously didn't have them. When Sony made trophy support mandatory in 2009, obviously people wanted to see classic game's like MGS4 & DMC4 with trophy support especially with Rockstar patching GTA4. So meny people went as far to say that we'll buy the game again new if you add trophy support, Kojima put it down to the cost of the patch for the reason he wouldn't do it, Capcom said thay didn't have anyone to do it with everyone working on new projects.But that didn't stop people still asking for them, a few years later Kojima with the anniversary of MGS thay re-released MGS4 with trophy support. Around the same time Capcom put out the Greatest hits of DMC4 with no trophy support, and here is the kicker thay later released HD collection of DMC, DMC2 & DMC3 with trophy support. To this day DMC4 still hasn't got trophy support with demand high for people wanting it, and thay are taking about a whole game with FFXV. And not something as small as trophy support all I'm going to say is good luck because your going to need it, I gave up hope of ever seeing trophy support with DMC4 on the PS3.

I forgot to add the same game DMC4 has trophy support on the Xbox360,

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

Probably like 0.0001% or less so barely any.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Janfeae

SCAR392 wrote:

@Janfeae

The PS4's power correlates to XV's technical requirements and this discussion. The Wii U's lack of power is why many true next gen titles will never make it to Wii U. People say you can bring it to Wii U, but it's not strong enough; it just isn't. Lots of people argue otherwise, oblivious to the technical specs required to run these upcoming games (You can use other games for reference with some research). It is not just a GPU that matters when running a game like XV, otherwise their wouldn't have been problems on the PS3. So the argument should really end there, and attempts to create demand should begin. I mean, this thread was for recruiting in the first place.

But this thread instead goes on and on, back and forth lol There is a concrete reason why it is not on it's way to Wii U. There is only one way to change that, and it's not going back and forth in an endless cycle on this thread. It's pointless if you're really tying to get this game to come to the WIi U. That's all I'm saying. This thread was meant to get others to demand it, but the opposite happened. There is virtually a zero percent chance if no Wii owners make themselves known. We've gone over hardware differences, inferior performances, porting hurdles, a very weak install base and even weaker demand. So him getting into arguments with some of you guys (which aren't all constructive) is really hurting his chances. But I'll stop posting lol No one really cares what this random user has to say, and I've said what I had to say, so it's all up to the Wii U consumers now. I still hope the best for those who honestly try, despite the virtual impossibilities.

And with all the petition stuff, ones that are strong enough have brought about change. What else can people do in this position? A few fans send a couple of emails to Square Enix's headquarters and ask for a Wii U counterpart? That won't do anything. Many games are being ported to PC because gamers ask for them and the demand is there. Discouraging the notion of the existing petitions is the same as just telling him to give up and do nothing lol. It's almost inevitably futile either way, but there is a way to at least try, and that sounds like what he's been trying to do from the beginning.

Janfeae

LzWinky

SCAR392 wrote:

@Janfeae

I recall a discussion on whether or not PS4 being stronger affected Square's decision, thus making the topic relevant

SCRAPPER392

SE is using Direct X11 to develop the game. That means Xbox One is the lead platform, not PS4.

Qwest

Oragami

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@Oragami But if you read my post you would understand I didn't say PS sold better just because it came out first but instead of what it was doing before others(the Wii is perfect example of selling well because it did something before Sony and Microsoft). As I said a little common sense and apparently the skills to read go a long way here.

I agree with everything you said, but I just don't think release date is the main factor of sales. That might not have been what you were saying, but that's how I interpreted it.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

@Janfeae and @Unca_Lz This isn't a petition. It's a discussion of the possibility of FFXV on the Wii U.

Edited on by Oragami

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Jazzer94

CanisWolfred wrote:

^You don't seem to like it when we discuss that, though.

Because he doesn't want to admit that interest in a Wii U version is basically nonexistent.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Oragami

CanisWolfred wrote:

I am simply providing counterpoints to your arguments. If I don't provide counterpoints, I am essentially admitting defeat. I do get frustrated time to time, but that is natural during a discussion of opposing ideas.

Jazzer94 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because he doesn't want to admit that interest in a Wii U version is basically nonexistent.

What proof do you have of that? I agree demand on the PS4 and Xbox One is definitely greater, but I think there is still a market for FFXV on the Wii U, as I have stated earlier.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.