Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 721 to 740 of 835

SCRAPPER392

Ok. That still doesn't change that Xbox had DVD. N64 was gonna have better graphics, so what made people want PS, specifically?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

RancidVomit86

SCAR392 wrote:

Ok. That still doesn't change that Xbox had DVD. N64 was gonna have better graphics, so what made people want PS, specifically?

Are you truly that dense about this? PS was shown with games running before N64 and PS2 hit before people new what Xbox was all about and what it had. People were comparing PS2 to Dreamcast at launch and PS to Saturn at launch. Any other major competitor for PS released after. Sony was on the market offering the product before Nintendo or Microsoft. PS2 released a year before Xbox and Gamecube and PS released a year and half before N64.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

CaviarMeths

Have you seen the original Xbox controllers? Nobody wanted that crap. Halo was lucky it was so good that millions of people ignored how terrible the controllers were. The console itself was also a hulking behemoth. It was big and ugly.

And the PS2 was still marketed better, came out a year earlier, and had a well-timed price cut.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

RancidVomit86

CaviarMeths wrote:

Have you seen the original Xbox controllers? Nobody wanted that crap. Halo was lucky it was so good that millions of people ignored how terrible the controllers were.

I personally liked the Duke a lot. But may just be because I was Dreamcast guy and it was a good transition to it.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

@RancidVomit86
So either consumers weren't aware of another console, or were directly comparing to Sega consoles, if they were aware.

Qwest

CanisWolfred

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86
So either consumers weren't aware of another console, or were directly comparing to Sega consoles, if they were aware.

Yeah, because those were out already. We're talking about the days before the internet was popular, remember?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RancidVomit86

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86

Think about when N64 was even announced and shown as to Playstation already being on the market doing it all and PS2 being announced before anyone even knew Xbox was a thought. Sony capitalized on an opportunity when others at that time hadn't.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86

Yeah, because those were out already. We're talking about the days before the internet was popular, remember?

So PS' early releases of the PS and PS2 won that for them, because they presumably had more money to spend on marketing and such.

TBH, I hadn't a clue what Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, or PS was, until after the fact that Sega was dead, and my cousins had a PS1 next to their N64, but I already had N64. I knew what Sega Genesis was, but anything after that never reached me.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

RancidVomit86

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86

So PS' early releases of the PS and PS2 won that for them, because they presumably had more money to soend on marketing and such.

TBH, I hadn't a clue what Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, or PS was, until after the fact that Sega was dead, and my cousins had a PS1 next to their N64.

Then you never picked up a magazine outside of Nintendo Power or walked into any major retailer. Or had friends for that matter. Or watched TV. As a matter of fact you must had just not been born.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

CaviarMeths

I remember when Sega died.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@RancidVomit86

So PS' early releases of the PS and PS2 won that for them, because they presumably had more money to soend on marketing and such.

TBH, I hadn't a clue what Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, or PS was, until after the fact that Sega was dead, and my cousins had a PS1 next to their N64.

Then you never picked up a magazine outside of Nintendo Power or walked into any major retailer. Or had friends for that matter. Or watched TV. As a matter of fact you must had just not been born.

All I had was an NES until N64 came out. I was like 5 years old when I became aware of video games. I edited my post to include that I knew about the Sega Genesis.

My cousincs got an N64 before their PS1, so that's all I knew about for a while. I got GBC and N64 around the same time, so my mind was set on what my parents and family had more so than what I saw at the store. All I had was Nintendo, so I was only focused on that.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I knew what Dreamcast was, and wanted one. Excitement kicked in for GCN, and by the time I realized I could get a Dreamcast, too, it was dead.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

CanisWolfred

I never saw a Dreamcast tv ad growing up, but I did have a friend whose uncle had one, and I saw ads for it in catelogs and magazines, and I can't recall how many times I oggled the Dreamcast section at Rental stores. Then again, I was still amazed games were on shiny discs back then...

I was too young for the Saturn, though. I do vividly remember seeing a whole bunch of them in some store once, but then I never saw them again, so I assumed I dreamt the machine up...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

Demand Final Fantasy XV on 3DS.

RancidVomit86

@SCAR392 So you were just too young to follow all the different systems and games in various magazines and what not? Cause if that's the case then trust me I remember seeing screen shots of Ridge Racer for first time and was amazed. Going from 16-bit to that seemed unreal.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

@CanisWolfred
I recall one of our family friends had one. He was playing Tony Hawk 2, and I recognized that t was better than the N64, but I became aware of the GCN and Xbox soon after at Sears. The PS2 kiosk was there as well, but it wasn't as distinct to me.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 So you were just too young to follow all the different systems and games in various magazines and what not? Cause if that's the case then trust me I remember seeing screen shots of Ridge Racer for first time and was amazed. Going from 16-bit to that seemed unreal.

Yes. All I knew about was NES for the longest time, my grandpa got an SNES, then I got an N64 and GBC, so 6th gen was actually the first generation I had a choice of which console I got as a present. I chose GCN, because I saw Smash Bros. and had the N64 one prior.

I only started keeping up with gaming news around 2005, when myspace and all that started getting popular. I was watching Youtube on my Wii, damnit.

Qwest

RancidVomit86

@SCAR392 no offense but just good to know I had someone arguing with me about it that wasn't there to experience it. Thanks for making me feel old lol. I keep forgetting I'm knocking on 30 till situations like this happen.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

Oragami

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Are you truly that dense about this? PS was shown with games running before N64 and PS2 hit before people new what Xbox was all about and what it had. People were comparing PS2 to Dreamcast at launch and PS to Saturn at launch. Any other major competitor for PS released after. Sony was on the market offering the product before Nintendo or Microsoft. PS2 released a year before Xbox and Gamecube and PS released a year and half before N64.

Okay, well the Wii U was out and running a year before the PS4.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

SCRAPPER392

@RancidVomit86
Don't worry. I realize why people liked PS1 and PS2, but I had the other consoles and liked them more anyway. Going from 2D to 3D is a big deal, so it shouldn't really surprise me that it took off over everything else. DVD is kinda pushing it, but I realize that was relevant. After I got my GCN, I wanted a DVD player pretty bad, then it showed up. So ya, I had a GCN and a DVD player. Case closed

Qwest

RancidVomit86

Oragami wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Okay, well the Wii U was out and running a year before the PS4.

And it hasn't had anything that caught consumers like Playstation did for the reasons I have listed. Let's face it the gamepad hasn't been the huge draw Nintendo hoped it would be and people are over the splash that motion control made. Apply a little common sense to the particular situations please.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.