Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 681 to 700 of 835

Oragami

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Oragami wrote:

AAA titles tend to make more money when they are on more consoles. Porting to the Wii U opens up a new audience that is hungry for JRPGs and AAA titles.

Do you really think that FFXV applies here?

You want something that you can't have. This whole thread if you throwing a little tantrum because something hasn't been given to you. This whole thread has been abled to be summed up by an easy answer, save money and buy a PS4/XBOX ONE. If you can't do that, then you can't play FFXV.

It's simple, and will be so much easier for everyone when you accept that.

How doesn't FFXV apply here? In what way is FFXV not a JRPG AAA title? Tell me, I'm curious to know.
And yes, this whole thread is me being upset that FFXV isn't currently coming to the Wii U, but how is that a bad thing? Do you think that Operation Rainfall was a bad thing? Or Operation Moonfall? Were those just a bunch of people throwing a hissy fit, or were they people with legitimate arguments who wanted something?
Please, don't be so closed minded. Accept the fact that this is possible.

Is it possible? Yes. Just like how it's possible that an asteroid that's just the right size can slip past NASA's monitoring systems, slam into the into the International Space Station, thus causing it to veer towards Earth at such at angle that it survives the decent through Earth's Atmosphere, and crashes into an Ice Cream factory, thus causing King Cones and Klondike Bars to rain from the sky.

Is it probable? No. Is it at all likely? No. Would it be nice if it happened? Of course! But is it really worth the energy frequently wishing and even demanding it happened? Personally, I don't think so.

I agree that it is not probable, but I think you still underestimate how things could easily change. Square-Enix may decide they need a new platform for this game, and maybe all they need to convince them to port it is a little fan support. So instead of everyone on here saying, "Square-Enix will never port it, so I'm going to argue with the person who thinks they should, even though I would be glad if the port happened," maybe we could all jut say, "Hey Square-Enix, it would be cool if you ported FFXV on the Wii U. Just saying." Stop the pessimism.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It should be pointed out that Operation Rainfall, even with all its faults, was organized 1000 times better and put in 1000 times more effort than anyone here is actually willing to put in (and was for a more worthwhile cause, and not just because of the perceived quality of the games)

I agree it was better put together, but why is it so much better, and why was it a more worthwhile cause? Porting FFXV to the Wii U seems easier than doing a full translation of a game.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Jazzer94

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It should be pointed out that Operation Rainfall, even with all its faults, was organized 1000 times better and put in 1000 times more effort than anyone here is actually willing to put in (and was for a more worthwhile cause, and not just because of the perceived quality of the games)

The fact the games were already on the Wii in some form helped a lot too.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Skyfox2000

Oragami wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Oragami wrote:

AAA titles tend to make more money when they are on more consoles. Porting to the Wii U opens up a new audience that is hungry for JRPGs and AAA titles.

Do you really think that FFXV applies here?

You want something that you can't have. This whole thread if you throwing a little tantrum because something hasn't been given to you. This whole thread has been abled to be summed up by an easy answer, save money and buy a PS4/XBOX ONE. If you can't do that, then you can't play FFXV.

How doesn't FFXV apply here? In what way is FFXV not a JRPG AAA title? Tell me, I'm curious to know.
And yes, this whole thread is me being upset that FFXV isn't currently coming to the Wii U, but how is that a bad thing? Do you think that Operation Rainfall was a bad thing? Or Operation Moonfall? Were those just a bunch of people throwing a hissy fit, or were they people with legitimate arguments who wanted something?
Please, don't be so closed minded. Accept the fact that this is possible.

Is it possible? Yes. Just like how it's possible that an asteroid that's just the right size can slip past NASA's monitoring systems, slam into the into the International Space Station, thus causing it to veer towards Earth at such at angle that it survives the decent through Earth's Atmosphere, and crashes into an Ice Cream factory, thus causing King Cones and Klondike Bars to rain from the sky.

Is it probable? No. Is it at all likely? No. Would it be nice if it happened? Of course! But is it really worth the energy frequently wishing and even demanding it happened? Personally, I don't think so.

I agree that it is not probable, but I think you still underestimate how things could easily change. Square-Enix may decide they need a new platform for this game, and maybe all they need to convince them to port it is a little fan support. So instead of everyone on here saying, "Square-Enix will never port it, so I'm going to argue with the person who thinks they should, even though I would be glad if the port happened," maybe we could all jut say, "Hey Square-Enix, it would be cool if you ported FFXV on the Wii U. Just saying." Stop the pessimism.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I agree it was better put together, but why is it so much better, and why was it a more worthwhile cause? Porting FFXV to the Wii U seems easier than doing a full translation of a game.

Wii U doesn't support directx11

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

CaviarMeths

If I remember right, Xenoblade and The Last Story were already translated, as they had release dates announced for Europe (definitely for Xenoblade, not sure on TLS). That's why all of the voice acting is European talent.

And Operation Rainfall had what no other "bring X to Y" campaign had: cold, hard cash.

EDIT: Looks like I'm late to the party.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

Aviator wrote:

It is perfectly acceptable to want something for a platform you don't own. Just like it is perfectly acceptable for Bayonetta fans to want Bayonetta 2 on a system they own. Is it probable that FFXV comes to Wii U? Not really. Is it probably that Bayonetta 2 comes to Xbox One and PS4? No. Is it possible for FFXV to come to Wii U? Yes. Is it possible for Bayonetta 2 to come to Xbox One and PS4? Yes. (before someone tries to say it isn't possible just look at Sonic being on Nintendo Platforms, people didn't think that was possible in the 90's)

So, is it acceptable to want something on a platform you own but understand it may not happen, like the OP has said? Yes it is perfectly acceptable. People that say it isn't possible aren't looking at a big picture or just want to expect the worst (which isn't a bad thing until you start affecting others). Can we drop the argument that it is impossible for FFXV to come to Wii U and start focusing on what this thread was made to do, try to show there are people who want FFXV on Wii U, who may or may not be able to play other-wise.

Oragami wrote:

I will never buy a PS4 or Xbox One, so unless Square Enix brings Final Fantasy XV to the Wii U, I will never experience it. Any thoughts?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CaviarMeths

Sonic on Nintendo platforms is quite different, as that only happened due to Sega going 3rd party.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

CaviarMeths wrote:

Sonic on Nintendo platforms is quite different, as that only happened due to Sega going 3rd party.

Correct, which it is possible at some point in time that Nintendo may go 3rd Party and then release Bayonetta 2 on Xbox One and PS4, so while possibly it is not probable

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
Actually, Bayonetta 2 basically has no chance of being on Xbox One or PS4, because Nintendo funded the entire project. If Sony or Microsoft wanted it on their console, they'd have to pay Nintendo every bit of money they spent, while probably still allowing it to be available on Wii U. Microsoft and Sony would literally be investing money into Nintendo for Bayonetta 2, which is why it won't happen.

FF isn't a paid exclusive for any console in terms of any sort of deal. Nintendo didn't pay SE for the exclusive games they put on DS, likewise for FF on PS1.

EDIT: Your new point would make sense, but that's even less likely.

I feel like people are being negative on purpose...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Oragami

Kodeen wrote:

Rainfall was a better effort because it was more than a single NintendoLife thread.

And the translations were already done for the EU market.

This thread was never meant to be a petition or the origin of some big fan demand. It was meant to start discussion on FFXV on the Wii U.
People have distorted in their minds that this is a petition. That's not what it is.
And on the translations, fair enough. I thought it was only Xenoblade that was already translated, but I could easily be wrong.

Skyfox2000 wrote:

NEITHER DOES THE PS4! DirectX11 is a Microsoft program.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

SCRAPPER392

Oragami wrote:

Skyfox2000 wrote:

NEITHER DOES THE PS4! DirectX11 is a Microsoft program.

I was just about to post this... They would have to pay Microsoft, and they aren't willing to do that. ×86 alleviates this situation for PS4, because it's still common architecture to Xbox One.

Qwest

shingi_70

@Oragami

Mist RPGs will be going to the PS4 zoon enough so there that.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

It's also possible for Sony to buy Nintendo. Doesn't mean that it will happen ever.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

Unca_Lz wrote:

It's also possible for Sony to buy Nintendo.

Actually, Nintendo is worth more than Sony now, so it can't happen even if Sony OR Nintendo wanted it to.

EDIT;
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Nintendo-Now-Worth-More-Than...
http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/08/nintendo-valued-as-bigger-compa...
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-worth-more-than-sony

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Oragami

shingi_70 wrote:

@Oragami

Mist RPGs will be going to the PS4 zoon enough so there that.

But I'm not really interested in most RPGs, but gosh darn it do I want FFXV.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

Okay, people are starting to get ridiculous. FFXV on the Wii U isn't as likely as some of your suggestions, such as an unidentified meteor hitting earth, or Sony buying Nintendo (which literally cannot happen at the moment, seeing as how Nintendo is worth more than Sony). These analogies are irrelevant.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

SCRAPPER392

@Oragami
To be fair, even though Nintendo is worth more, they still would really be able to buy Sony, either. They'd have to have as deep of pockets as Microsoft, but that's off topic

Qwest

Oragami

SCAR392 wrote:

@Oragami
To be fair, even though Nintendo is worth more, they still would really be able to buy Sony, either. They'd have to have as deep of pockets as Microsoft, but that's off topic

Did you mean wouldn't? Anyway, my original statement is still true: Sony cannot buy Nintendo.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

CanisWolfred

You know, I don't really have a problem with you wanting Final Fantasy XV on Wii U. It's nice to want things. I don't even have a problem with you refusing to buy a PS4 or Xbox One for it despite the fact that you seem so desparate for it. That's your problem. What I don't like is that you seem to want everyone else to join in on your demanding that Final Fantasy XV to come to the Wii U, when no one else has shown any strong urge for this game to come to the Wii U.

Honestly, wouldn't it be easier to simply put the game out of your mind until you finally have access to that game? I mean, I'm sure plenty of us have had games we've had to miss out on when we really wanted to play it, but usually we just say "oh well" and move on, maybe play something else that's the next best thing. Part of that moving on is to accept the reality of that situation. That's all we're trying to do here. We're trying to help you move on.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

Oragami wrote:

But I'm not really interested in most RPGs, but gosh darn it do I want FFXV.

Shame that you want to push all the good ones aside to get to the bottom of the barrel.

And unless I'm not understanding correctly, nobody can just up and buy Nintendo, as it is a publicly traded company.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

LzWinky

Oragami wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Oragami

Did you mean wouldn't? Anyway, my original statement is still true: Sony cannot buy Nintendo.

Which actually supports my point as well. Just because something is "possible" doesn't mean it will happen

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.