Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 121 to 140 of 835

Oragami

CaviarMeths wrote:

Nintendo should buy Mistwalker and kick Sakaguchi's butt back into his glory days. I would fanboy for approx. 50 years if Sakaguchi and Takahashi were both flying under the Nintendo banner and putting out the hits. Heck, snatch up Masato Kato too. He's been freelance for a decade.

This is the best idea. Not since hoping for Nintendo to take back Rare before they started to suck have I been more onboard for an idea with Nintendo hiring someone/something.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Chrono_Cross

You have no reasoning behind your arguments. Please present rational information.

I already have. You can research the number of Wii Us sold on the internet on your own time. Blindly hoping a game will come to the Wii U based off faith is not effective. There's a reason developers are ignoring the elephant in the room.

Now answer my question.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Oragami

Chrono_Cross wrote:

You have no reasoning behind your arguments. Please present rational information.

I already have. You can research the number of Wii Us sold on the internet on your own time. Blindly hoping a game will come to the Wii U based off faith is not effective. There's a reason developers are ignoring the elephant in the room.

Now answer my question.

FFXV isn't currently coming to the Wii U for one reason: fans have not made it apparent that it is wanted on the Wii U. I am trying to solve that, but people just say, "It can't happen, even if I wanted it." Well, if those fans made it public that they want FFXV on the Wii U like I am, it WILL come to the Wii U. If the only reason you don't support FFXV coming to the Wii U is that you don't think it can, open your eyes.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Chrono_Cross

Then prove there are millions of Wii U owning Final Fantasy fans out there.

Don't forget to have fun.

Just for you.

Oragami

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Then prove there are millions of Wii U owning Final Fantasy fans out there.

Prove there aren't. There were many Wii and GameCube owning Final Fantasy fans, and it was said that Wii U owners were very loyal to Nintendo, as were GameCube owners, and Crystal Chronicles sold 1.38 million copies. That was for a BRAND NEW GAME. Bringing FFXV would be a PORT, which is cheaper to produce than a BRAND NEW GAME. The Virtual Console Final Fantasy games were also bestsellers, so there is a current demand among Nintendo fans, as the Virtual Console was used mostly by Nintendo Loyalists.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Chrono_Cross

If there were, Square would have announced it by now.

So yeah, there's my proof.

Just for you.

LzWinky

Not to mention there aren't that many of millions of Wii U owners in the first place

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TromboneGamer

If FFXV were to come to Wii U I'm pretty sure they would have to drastically downscale the visuals, heck even some of the sequences would have to be redone. Have you seen the complexity of the world physics, animation, and scale? X looks quite impressive too don't get me wrong, but it probably won't be worth the effort for square enix to downscale their game. Feel free to inform me if I'm ignorant about something.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

Oragami

Chrono_Cross wrote:

How long has Final Fantasy XV been planned for PS4 and Xbox One? About 10 months for PS4 and about 6 months for Xbox One. How long was Rayman Legends a Wii U exclusive? About 9 months, and more platforms are still being announced. How long was Resident Evil 4 supposed to be a GameCube exclusive? TWO YEARS! How long did Operation Rainfall take to be successful? About 5 and a half months for Xenoblade, 8 months for The Last Story, and a year and a half for Pandora's Tower. Announcement can change easily, especially if fans are passionate about something.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

DarkwingLz wrote:

Not to mention there aren't that many of millions of Wii U owners in the first place

Again, how do you get a greater install base? Release more games.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

TromboneGamer wrote:

If FFXV were to come to Wii U I'm pretty sure they would have to drastically downscale the visuals, heck even some of the sequences would have to be redone. Have you seen the complexity of the world physics, animation, and scale? X looks quite impressive too don't get me wrong, but it probably won't be worth the effort for square enix to downscale their game. Feel free to inform me if I'm ignorant about something.

The cutscenes could be made into FMVs like Resident Evil 4 was on the PS2. And, yes, a downgrade in graphics would have to happen, but it would be worth it.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

I used to be really hyped for Final Fantasy XV. Man, I used to be so excited but I started watching the trailers for the game over and over and I started thinking about Tetsuya Nomura.... The only amazing thing about that guy is that he's a great character designer. He's a awful storyteller. I started thinking about how bad recent FF games are compared to past FF games and I realized that Final Fantasy XV might be one of those games that has great gameplay but awful story. I'M REALLY WORRIED about FF XV's story. I'm a huge JRPG guy and my gut tells me the story for this game will be absolutely horrible.

Final Fantasy just isn't the same without Hironobu Sakaguchi directly involved in the production. That's why The Last Story was the best 'Final Fantasy' game since FFIX.

It's funny how two of the most important figures at Squaresoft in the mid-90s, Hironobu Sakaguchi and Tetsuya Takahashi, have both since left the company, founded their own, and directed fantastic RPGs on Nintendo platforms. The Last Story for Sakaguchi and Xenoblade for Takahashi.

@CaviarMeths LOL that isn't surprising. Tetsuya Nomura is a clown when it comes to storytelling. He's a great character designer. I gotta give that to him. He knew women would love Noctis as soon as he released the design for Noctis.

Hironbu Sakaguchi and Tetsuya Takahashi prolly got tired of how scripted Square Enix want FF games to be and how graphic crazy Square Enix got so they left. I don't blame them.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

LOL that isn't surprising. Tetsuya Nomura is a clown when it comes to storytelling. He's a great character designer. I gotta give that to him. He knew women would love Noctis as soon as he released the design for Noctis.

I've grown to really hate his designs, to be honest. They all look like they're going to a funeral for a visual kei band. FFX is probably the worst offender. Yuna and Kimahri had good designs, but every other character, enemy, and NPC in that game looked hilariously stupid.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

LOL that isn't surprising. Tetsuya Nomura is a clown when it comes to storytelling. He's a great character designer. I gotta give that to him. He knew women would love Noctis as soon as he released the design for Noctis.

I've grown to really hate his designs, to be honest. They all look like they're going to a funeral for a visual kei band. FFX is probably the worst offender. Yuna and Kimahri had good designs, but every other character, enemy, and NPC in that game looked hilariously stupid.

@CaviarMeths LOL agreed.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Aviator

SCAR392 wrote:

No thought in strategy, at all. The only times you really had to strategize, was when you were a really low level(which basically never happens), or a boss battle(again, far a few between).

The strategy wasn't even fleshed out. All they basically let you do was paradigm shifts, then everything was automatic.

Except it was heavily strategy based.

If you didn't have the right paradigms you wouldn't get that far.

Oragami wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Now answer my question.

FFXV isn't currently coming to the Wii U for one reason: a fan has not made it apparent that it is wanted on the Wii U. I am trying to solve that, but people just say, "It can't happen, even if I wanted it." Well, if that fan made it public that they want FFXV on the Wii U like I am, it WILL come to the Wii U. If the only reason you don't support FFXV coming to the Wii U is that you don't think it can, open your eyes.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Then prove there is a Wii U owning Final Fantasy fan out there.

Fixed for you.

Looking out for you bro!

< 3

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Aviator

Oragami wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

How long has Final Fantasy XV been planned for PS4 and Xbox One? About 10 months for PS4 and about 6 months for Xbox One.

Announcement can change easily, especially if fans are passionate about something.

Okay, you can't seriously believe what you're saying about this.

Do you really think, that SE has only thought about putting XV on (I'd say next-gen but don't want to feed the SCAR beast), PS4/ONE for less than a year.

Come on now.

It's been in the pipeline for years.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

kkslider5552000

Aviator wrote:

Except it was heavily strategy based.

If you didn't have the right paradigms you wouldn't get that far.

From my understanding, you could usually use the same couple of strategies and basically always win.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

@Aviator
I know. I played the game It was too easy to understand, IMO. Every battle consisted of me wanting to choose my alies attacks, so paradigm shifts, alone, weren't enough. EDIT2: Plus, the level system was like connecting the dots in a coloring book, which means that I didn't get to upgrade the characters the way I wanted to.

EDIT: Also, yes. There is no such thing as next gen. It's called current gen, now

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CaviarMeths

Switching between offensive, defensive, and balanced paradigms and then hitting auto battle until everything is dead = heavy strategy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

CaviarMeths wrote:

Switching between offensive, defensive, and balanced paradigms and then hitting auto battle until everything is dead = heavy strategy.

Tougher than XCom!!!1!1!1

strategy1!!!1!! VIDEOGAME DISCUSSIONS!!!!!!!1!1!!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.