Forums

Topic: Dear Editors Please Stop Doom and Glooming Us. Seriously.

Posts 41 to 47 of 47

skywake

astroshamu wrote:

Why is everyone so doom and gloom about wii U? I thought it was getting better AAA titles than wii did? Just cause a couple of games skip wii U doesnt mean the end, or not getting a couple of extra maps through DLC. Ive been extremely impressed by wii U's 3rd party support, I only need my ps3 for battlefield and first party titles now

By the end of 2007 the Wii had Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, RE4 Wii edition, Metroid Prime 3, Zack & Wiki, Guitar Hero 3, Super Paper Mario, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged and the hype storm that was Wii Sports. Third party support wasn't fantastic but it made up for it with a VC that was much larger than than the Wii U's is likely to be by the end of the year and solid first party titles. It didn't matter much that it didn't have Bioshock or Portal because it had Mario, Metroid and Zelda. Plus at E3 2007 we were tempted with Smash Bros and Mario Kart Wii so for a Nintendo fan it was obvious why we got the thing.

If by the end of the year we get Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Pikmin and the expected bunch of third party titles that'll be awesome.... but it still doesn't compare to what the Wii had after its first year. Third party support or not. Hopefully they make some big announcements between now and then.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Hunter-D

This is a BIG website in all aspects and they post the most important news regarding Nintendo be it good or bad. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hunter-D

Happy_Mask

Everything was Happy enough for me up until you started whining. >:[

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

RancidVomit86

Sometimes have to face facts. Wii U is having some of it's own issues so yes people are going to question it. All I can tell people is wake up and smell the roses. You are in the real world now.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

GoombaSlayer

I think Nintendolife is doing a lot better then many other sites. Tons of sites doesnt write about all the indie games (and so on) at all but merely cares to write a news-story when its either to large that one cant escape from it (like Bayonetta 2 or when a big publisher announces a game) or when its all negative.
On most sites i see more "This game aint coming to Wii U" then "This is coming!"

Nintendolife is doing a great job writing about indie, kickstarter-projects, making interviews with devs and so on.

GoombaSlayer

theblackdragon

I'm afraid we can't stick our Editorial team's collective head in the sand, guys — we report the good the bad, and anything else Nintendo-related in between. If you have any genuine comments, concerns, or suggestions for the editors, please let them know directly. Thank you! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.