Wii U Forum

Topic: Dead Island:Riptide OXM 4/10....I Told you so

Showing 41 to 60 of 65

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

41. Posted:

@RancidVomit86 Thank you :D
@Towels A little more information please? Am I wrong with my sources, do Nintendo fanboys not just hate a game for not being on their console, are the games different, what?
@sonic-doom Ok, I own Metroid Prime Trilogy and through out the whole trilogy I felt like I was playing the same game. At no point did they separate, just Part 1 ended. The main difference I felt between the two Galaxy games was Yoshi and new Power-Ups and those are just examples, try the whole Pokemon franchise! All they ever get are very subtle differences that have barely change the game, and is why I only own a single Pokemon game. Try Metroid to Metroid 2 Return of Samus. I'm not saying all Nintendo games lack innovation, but many of their games do. If you feel I overstated the amount fine, but you can't deny this happens plenty.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"I don't have the right name or the right look, but twice the heart" - Fall Out Boy

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

42. Posted:

I consider myself a Educated Nintendo Fanboy. I love the company, hardware, and software they make and believe we need Nintendo in our Industry, so the industry doesn't implode on itself again. I don't hate on games for them not coming to a NintendoSystem. I understand the difficulties that come with developing a game for a Nintendo System. So please stop saying All Nintendo Fanboys, it is more about uneducated gamers.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

43. Posted:

@DefHalan Ok, sorry if I offended you. When I say Fanboys I mean the ones who blindly follow Nintendo and refuse to think other consoles have good games that Nintendo ones don't.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

"I don't have the right name or the right look, but twice the heart" - Fall Out Boy

AuthorMessage

MEGAMAN_D

44. Posted:

@RancidVomit86

Most on here praised NFS most wanted U and that's an EA game, There are loads of games I would love to play on wii u that are on other platforms.

But like I said before, if it's a poor quality game that has passed nintendo by then no harm done.

About 3 weeks ago I bought assassins creed 3 for the wii u because for years people have told me I have been missing out and what great games they are not to mention the decent reviews they have received over the years, so I decided to find out for myself what all the fuss is about. Now I'm gonna be honest, although not bad I didn't find it to be anything special and when I'm done with it I'm trading it in. So if AC3 or any assassins creed game skipped the wii u, It simply wouldn't bother me, I cant help that.

Maybe it's because it was just after I had finished last story (fantastic game by the way) It seems to me that people that don't bother with nintendo games seem to have lower standards.

Most of us on here KNOW without any info or even a single screen shot that the next mario or zelda will be amazing, we just know.

What other games company can you say that about ? for all of nintendo's rights and wrongs, their commitment to putting out quality software is second to none.

MEGAMAN_D

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

45. Posted:

sonic-doom wrote:

@RancidVomit86
Most on here praised NFS most wanted U and that's an EA game, There are loads of games I would love to play on wii u that are on other platforms.

You made my point. If it's an EA game released on a Nintendo system then eh EA is ok.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

46. Posted:

sonic-doom wrote:

Now I'm gonna be honest, although not bad I didn't find it to be anything special and when I'm done with it I'm trading it in. So if AC3 or any assassins creed game skipped the wii u, It simply wouldn't bother me, I cant help that.

There are many valid complaints against AC3. "Not anything special"...is the complete opposite of reality. In fact, every complaint about the game is how the game had something special and squandered the potential of parts of it.

RancidVomit86 wrote:

sonic-doom wrote:

@RancidVomit86

You made my point. If it's an EA game released on a Nintendo system then eh EA is ok.

I point you to my previous remark on generalizing.

Also, even if people are seriously acting like that than they aren't worth acknowledging as people who exist.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Lan

47. Posted:

From what I've gathered, Riptide is basically Dead Island but less rough around the edges, If that's the case, then 4/10 is good in my book.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

48. Posted:

I've only read one review (and it wasn't OXM...) that said it was "better than the previous game in many small ways." Take that for what you will.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MEGAMAN_D

49. Posted:

@RancidVomit86

I don't like EA, but if a game is good its good. Thats my point

@kkslider5552000

I meant the game in general is nothing special, even more so when compared to nintendo's heavy hitters, yet if you told that to a "hardcore gamer" you would be laughed at.

I'm not saying that nintendo games are the be all and end all, I love the bioshock, resistance, and batman games and lots of others just as much as any nintendo games.

just sayin I ain't gonna lose any sleep over not playing games like dead Island.

MEGAMAN_D

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

50. Posted:

sonic-doom wrote:

It seems to me that people that don't bother with nintendo games seem to have lower standards.

Umm, what? What you're saying is Nintendo makes games so good that those who don't play them have a lower standard for games? Lol no. While Nintendo games are great, they aren't on a whole different standard, lol.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

51. Posted:

Oh yeah, fair enough, just an odd choice of words. I mean, there's games with lots of amazing, cool stuff that I'm meh on too (Vanquish comes to mind) so fair enough. Dead Island looks like nothing that interesting to me either. There are a million good games out there, many of which are much cheaper anyway.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

52. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

sonic-doom wrote:

It seems to me that people that don't bother with nintendo games seem to have lower standards.

Umm, what? What you're saying is Nintendo makes games so good that those who don't play them have a lower standard for games? Lol no. While Nintendo games are great, they aren't on a whole different standard, lol.

Let me break it down for you.

If you dont play Nintendo games:
Untitled

If you play Nintendo games:
Untitled

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

53. Posted:

@RancidVomit86 O..k... not sure how to respond to that...

AuthorMessage

Jack_Package

54. Posted:

@SkywardLink

"crippling lack of invention....something that can be said about a good amount of Nintendo games"

You are wrong about that bit.

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

55. Posted:

@Towels Ok, maybe "crippling" is a bit of a too strong word, but a lack of innovation is fairly common in Nintendo games.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

56. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Towels Ok, maybe "crippling" is a bit of a too strong word, but a lack of innovation is fairly common in Nintendo games.

"Lack of Innovation" compared to who?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

AuthorMessage

MEGAMAN_D

57. Posted:

@RancidVomit98

LOL, Dude thank you for making me laugh my ass off, that was great.

But you know it's true

MEGAMAN_D

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

58. Posted:

@DefHalan Um... Not quite sure what you mean there. What I'm saying is many of Nintendo's games are practically the same release to release.

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

59. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@DefHalan Um... Not quite sure what you mean there. What I'm saying is many of Nintendo's games are practically the same release to release.

So are Call of Duty games, Assassin's Creed, Madden, FIFA, NBA, Gears of War, Killzone, and so many more games. So why are you picking on Nintendo and not attacking the industry as a whole?

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

60. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

That's basically every game though. See:
Killzone, Gears of War, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Dexter, Batman, Mortal Kombat, etc. I didn't list any Nintendo games, but we already know the formula is always mainly the same with ay series.
We could say that sports are boring because people have been playing a form of basketball as far back as Mayan and Aztec times.

$¢@®³’²