Forums

Topic: Damn, registered the MK8 PIN too early!

Posts 101 to 120 of 120

MrGawain

At first I didn't really care about all the extra stuff, but I decided to sign up to Club Nintendo for a laugh. I already have nine of the promotion games, but I though a free game is a free game, and registered for Mario and Sonic Sochi. Downloading. I then went through all my old Nintendo games and registered all my old games. My fingers are completely silver from scratching those panels off. But I persisted and got a 2 copies of the 3D world soundtrack- one for me, one for my nephew.

Pretty pleased at the moment!

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

SMEXIZELDAMAN

On the site at the bottom of the page it says this:
"Promotion available from 5/30/2014 12:00am ET to 7/31/2014 11:59pm PT. Limit 1 per customer."

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Octane

Well, I'm just glad my pre-order is late, as always..

Just wait till tomorrow with registering the code, I don't think you'll be playing any other game today anyway.

Octane

C-Olimar

@Poki thanks, by the way, for letting us know you got your code - you got me to check my account and now in a matter of minutes I'll be playing Wind Waker HD!
I wasn't sure I'd get the code so soon since those all important, god-like T&Cs said that the code would not be issued until 48 hours had passed (not within that time)...

C-Olimar

Sean_Aaron

Well I got my code a couple days ago and whilst I agree if Nintendo is going to encourage people to buy the game at midnight they should honour the promotion I decided not to register my code in the eShop to download this morning and will instead wait until tomorrow, because I did read the Ts & Cs. I don't know why Nintendo would word things that way in the UK, but they did.

I think the main point people should realise is that (in the UK at least) when you make a purchase/download from the eShop with a NNID linked to Club Nintendo the game is registered AUTOMATICALLY, so no delayed registration would be possible. The only reason to go into Club Nintendo later is to get an extra fifty stars from completing a survey about the game later on.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Poki

So, Nintendo just replied to. They basically said that they don't care if you enter a release promo too early, you just have to enter before the promotion ends. That sounds fair to me.

Poki

Tasuki

Poki wrote:

So, Nintendo just replied to. They basically said that they don't care if you enter a release promo too early, you just have to enter before the promotion ends. That sounds fair to me.

Then why even say that 10AM time then if they don't care?? I am confused now. Still glad everything worked out for you Poki. Just take a lesson from this and remember to read everything from now on. Next time you might not be so lucky.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

DefHalan

I just saw a notification on my Wii U that said the promotion started 5/29/14 at 9pm

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

WiiWareWave

C-Olimar wrote:

I think you are all being dreadfully unfair to Poki. You are acting like he's in the wrong - some going as far as to say that he 'broke the rules'! This attitude stinks and it needs to stop.

I am still 80% sure Nintendo will still provide the download code to early adopters. If I don't get mine, having registered on the 29th, of course I'm going to fight it. But I will accept the consequences if I don't win.

However, every advertisement for this has indicated May 30th as the start point to get the game. It is unreasonable for Nintendo to refuse service to people who register before 10am. This is sickening - it's almost as if it was designed to catch people out. Most people don't read T&Cs, especially when the parameters of a deal are so (supposedly) clearly laid out in advertising. I remain fully confident that Nintendo will honour purchases registered before the open date and time. At least those made on the 30th.

@Poki don't worry about this mate. I've always had good experiences with Nintendo in the past and I'm sure they wouldn't make such a petty decision as to demean their loyal, early purchasers.

I agree that alot of the people are acting terribly in this topic. I'm sort of in a bad spot though as a media professional I can't really make a major stand against this without possibly harming the reputation of my website. Personally I believe that it was a simple oversight by Nintendo now that I've cooled off a bit, but some of the responses on here were clearly bully posts and I feel that people just need to calm down and stop attacking each other in this thread.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

open

return the game, get a new one?

NNID: openrob

Seancy

Daang. I bought it off of the E-Shop and was given a PIN number. I thought that the PIN number was something I had to enter after I registered the game. Since registering is automatic when it's an e-Shop purchase. I'm so stupid. Really hope there's something I can do. Saw this post on gamefaqs that's giving me hope, not sure what information it's based off though:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/700050-mario-kart-8/69333013

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1234-0333Add me for Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, and Animal Crossing, when it's out. Anyone looking for a Graphic Designer contact me at [email protected]

Please follow my art blog at http://seancy.tumblr.com/

Seancy

Hey, check the eShop again. It's worked for me now.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1234-0333Add me for Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, and Animal Crossing, when it's out. Anyone looking for a Graphic Designer contact me at [email protected]

Please follow my art blog at http://seancy.tumblr.com/

Sean_Aaron

Well having done it this morning it looks like they issued a code like you'd get with a retail game and THAT is what you need to register - they're not talking the automatic eShop purchase registration at all. So I could have downloaded it yesterday morning no problem. I do wish they'd be clear about these things!

Azooooz

Fellas, how about an apology to the OP so that we can all be friends?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

norwichred

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Well having done it this morning it looks like they issued a code like you'd get with a retail game and THAT is what you need to register - they're not talking the automatic eShop purchase registration at all. So I could have downloaded it yesterday morning no problem. I do wish they'd be clear about these things!

Are you In the UK? I am and I downloaded MK8 off the eshop. I got a code with my receipt but Nintendo themselves told me I didn't need to do anything with it at all. A registration of my game is enough which happens automatically.

I've got today to play windwaker before I go on holiday for two weeks, but I haven't got my free game code. Nintendo tell me to keep waiting and I don't need to do anything with the code in my receipt. Are they wrong?

norwichred

skywake

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I think the main point people should realise is that (in the UK at least) when you make a purchase/download from the eShop with a NNID linked to Club Nintendo the game is registered AUTOMATICALLY, so no delayed registration would be possible. The only reason to go into Club Nintendo later is to get an extra fifty stars from completing a survey about the game later on.

Well on this. I downloaded my copy as soon as I could and assumed it would be good because that was after the time the promotion started. It said "00:01AM AEST" in their terms and conditions and I downloaded it at about 10:15PM the day before Perth time (00:15AEST). When I checked Club Nintendo it actually said I registered it the day before the promo started and hadn't actually registered me for the promo automatically. But it was ok because when I downloaded it they gave me a code to plug into Club Nintendo so I could get my free game. Which I did and it worked.

As for the people going "well you should read the fine print, not Nintendo's fault". Well legally? Fine, sure. However you're not going to win people over by suckering them in for a promotion and then doing the whole "fine print" thing to get out of it. There's the legal correctness and then there's the spirit of the promotion. Fair enough if they waited too long and missed out on the other side of it... but too early? In a promotion that was set to start at the time the game launched? That's not reasonable at all.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Sean_Aaron

norwichred wrote:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Are you In the UK? I am and I downloaded MK8 off the eshop. I got a code with my receipt but Nintendo themselves told me I didn't need to do anything with it at all. A registration of my game is enough which happens automatically.

I've got today to play windwaker before I go on holiday for two weeks, but I haven't got my free game code. Nintendo tell me to keep waiting and I don't need to do anything with the code in my receipt. Are they wrong?

All I know is the code was in the receipt and it said to register it between the hours of etc etc to get your free game. I noted it down, immediately went to the club Nintendo site, chose the Product Registration option, input the code and was prompted to choose my free game, so it worked. I couldn't say if it's required, but it does what it says on the tin. You can always review the code in your receipt later by checking your receipts in the eShop if you didn't note it down.

Tasuki

Azooooz wrote:

Fellas, how about an apology to the OP so that we can all be friends?

How bout we just move on.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.