Forums

Topic: current gen or next gen

Posts 221 to 240 of 262

shingi_70

RR529 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Yeah tomorrow is going to be interesting to say the least. So far we know were going to see

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Forza or PGR
Fifa 14
EA UFC

What time will the presentation be? (central time, if possible)

made a thread but din't put central time sorry.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Midnight3DS

Ryno wrote:

Have you guys figured this out yet? I have seriously been losing sleep over this. This needs to be resolved. In fact, I think it is more important then the Benghazi coverup or the IRS directly targeting conservative groups.

Wii-U will be last gen in 5-7 months.

That either settles it or the winds of rage are headed my way.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

OptometristLime

Midnight3DS wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Have you guys figured this out yet? I have seriously been losing sleep over this. This needs to be resolved. In fact, I think it is more important then the Benghazi coverup or the IRS directly targeting conservative groups.

You are kind of playing both sides, "contributing" as much as the next passionate fanboy.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

SCRAPPER392

Midnight3DS wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Ya. You contributed nothing, that I personally thought we had already cleared up in the few pages of this discussion.
I think all the consoles will be relevant together. Why is Nintendo the only one being shunned? If anything, this is DS vs. PSP all over again as far as PS4 goes. Not to mention PS Vita is essentially a dead current gen handheld, while 3DS is a current gen handheld that's alive.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Midnight3DS

rallydefault wrote:

The boat from NES Jaws

This?

One of the NES 'movie' games I missed out on.

Midnight3DS

SCAR392 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Ya. You contributed nothing, that I personally thought we had already cleared up in the few pages of this discussion.
I think all the consoles will be relevant together. Why is Nintendo the only one being shunned? If anything, this is DS vs. PSP all over again as far as PS4 goes. Not to mention PS Vita is essentially a dead current gen handheld, while 3DS is a current gen handheld that's alive.

Being less popular does not necessarily equate to being dead. Slow growth, but not necessarily dead at all.

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Ryno wrote:

The Vita isn't dead yet, saying it's dead already is denying the facts.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Midnight3DS wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Being less popular does not necessarily equate to being dead. Slow growth, but not necessarily dead at all.

It's highly irrelevant. 3DS had already started picking up year after its release. PS Vita can't even match 3DS' success in the same ammount of time.

Qwest

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Ryno wrote:

It's highly irrelevant. 3DS had already started picking up year after its release. PS Vita can't even match 3DS' success in the same ammount of time.

The same could easily be said for Wii U. Also its not always about being in first place if the product is doing to a companys expectations.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

Ya, but Wii U hasn't even done anything yet, so it actually can't be said for Wii U. If Nintendo had advertised and tried hard to sell the console in its first year, but it still failed, then it would be doomed. Nintendo hasn't really done anything with or for the console yet, and that's ok, because no other next gen console is on the market to compete with anyway.
PS4 will most likely be trying to match Wii U's success after one year it is released, but most of the market will be taken by Nintendo at that point, just like DS all over again.
Just watch. This time it's happening to the consoles, not the handhelds.

Qwest

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya, but Wii U hasn't even done anything yet, so it actually can't be said for Wii U. If Nintendo had advertised and tried hard to sell the console in its first year, but it still failed, then it would be doomed. Nintendo hasn't really done anything with or for the console yet, and that's ok, because no other next gen console is on the market to compete with anyway.
PS4 will most likely be trying to match Wii U's success after one year it is released, but most of the market will be taken by Nintendo at that point, just like DS all over again.

The lack of any data or actual likeliness of this happing is astounding. Nintendo isn't going to have a Wii agian. They probably won't take top spot for sales next gen.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

So, you're telling me that Sony is happy with their handheld market being ignored, and PS3 doing horrible almost all of it's lifetime?
PS4 is looked at as an overall good product, so it doesn't matter whether people buy it or not? I seriously hope for Sony's sake, that PS was a venture of gathering research to improve their TV, A/V, and other products they make. That's literally the only reason why I would think they went to gaming.

Qwest

Captain_Balko

Midnight3DS wrote:

Ryno wrote:

... No.

Captain_Balko

Midnight3DS

Vitas were topping 3DS sales in Japan atleast as of March. That's progress, not death. I doubt it will ever catch 3DS all around, but it doesn't have to.

Captain_Balko

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The lack of any data or actual likeliness of this happing is astounding. Nintendo isn't going to have a Wii agian. They probably won't take top spot for sales next gen.

There is still a decent chance that Nintendo will be able to take the top spot for sales in the Wii U/PS4/Xbox Infinity. There are a lot of variables that haven't been factored in yet, and games such as Wii Fit U will grab an enormous amount of casuals. I'm not saying that the Wii U will be another Wii - practically nobody is - but things might not play out the way that many are assuming they will. I think that Nintendo has still got some fight in them yet. I suppose we just have to wait and see.

Captain_Balko

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

So, you're telling me that Sony is happy with their handheld market being ignored, and PS3 doing horrible almost all of it's lifetime?
PS4 is looked at as an overall good product, so it doesn't matter whether people buy it or not? I seriously hope for Sony's sake, that PS was a venture of gathering research to improve their TV, A/V, and other products they make. That's literally the only reason why I would think they went to gaming.

Where you get the idea I said any of that is beyond me.

Jaz007

OptometristLime

Midnight3DS wrote:

Vitas were topping 3DS sales in Japan atleast as of March. That's progress, not death. I doubt it will ever catch 3DS all around, but it doesn't have to.

The 3DS' worldwide sales outpace Vita 6:1.
Of course this is just another extraneous topic to bait people, but facts are fun too.

http://thevitalounge.com/vita-surpasses-4-5-million-sales-wor...
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/04/24/nintendo-3ds-sales-wo...
(just a couple articles I found)

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Midnight3DS

Captain_Balko wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

There is still a decent chance that Nintendo will be able to take the top spot for sales in the Wii U/PS4/Xbox Infinity. There are a lot of variables that haven't been factored in yet, and games such as Wii Fit U will grab an enormous amount of casuals. I'm not saying that the Wii U will be another Wii - practically nobody is - but things might not play out the way that many are assuming they will. I think that Nintendo has still got some fight in them yet. I suppose we just have to wait and see.

I think Wii-U will outsell in thee arly going, especially after they drop some E3 whoppers, but will fade off in 2 or 3 years, not being a failure, but because of the other consoles beginning to peak more. If it's in the Gamecube neighborhood, I never saw that as bad at all.

Midnight3DS

OptometristLime wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

The 3DS' worldwide sales outpace Vita 6:1.
Of course this is just another extraneous topic to bait people, but facts are fun too.

http://thevitalounge.com/vita-surpasses-4-5-million-sales-wor...
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/04/24/nintendo-3ds-sales-wo...
(just a couple articles I found)

And the first link matches my view. It doesn't have to be a mega seller to continue to exist. It's not dead, and I suspect some E3 nuggets will help it even further.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.