Forums

Topic: current gen or next gen

Posts 181 to 200 of 262

skywake

@brooks83
Yup, looking it up they definitely did:
http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/21/4013432/playstation-4-4k-out...

Shuhei Yoshida wrote:

The official answer is that the PS4 supports 4K output but for personal contents, like photos or videos. Not games. PS4 games do not work on 4K. [....] There's a demonstration. Polyphony Digital's Kazunori [Yamauchi] loves these things. He's been using multiple PS3s to create a big-screen Gran Turismo experience for three monitors. That kind of thing is always possible. But with one PS4 to 4K TV, can you play your game? No.

And there's a good chance that the "720" won't even support it that much. Worth remembering that Sony is known for using the Playstation to push their other products, Microsoft might simply not see the need for including 4k.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SCRAPPER392

I already know Xbox∞ can do 4K. The build is more solid than PS4, but I wouldn't doubt PS4 will be able to do 2K.
As for Nintendo, the games will look the same on a 4K TV as they would on a 1080p HDTV for the most part. The upconversion process in the displays only fill in pixels between where there is nothing more to be seen.
So, Wii U will still look like it runs native on 4K, much like the dolphin emulator they used for Wii. The content is the same, the resolution is the only change.
The 4K TV is doing the processing, not the Wii U.

EDIT: In other words, the Xbox∞ will be able to to create 75% more actual pixels than Wii U. PS4 will create be able to create 33% more pixels, and Wii U will just use the pixels that are available accordingly.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

skywake

Just stop. You don't know what you're talking about

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

I already know Xbox∞ can do 4K.

No, you do not know. When have Microsoft annouced this? They haven't, you don't know what you are talking about. This is a false claim, I get the feeling the 720 reveal is gong to dissapoint you considering your expectations of how powerful it will be. How do you know the build will be more solid than PS4 as well? there is nothing to support this. You're understanding of how graphic effects in the next gen is also amazingly ignorent. The Wii U wont be able to do so many visual effects the PS4 and 720 will be able to do. You overpower the Wii U something to the point where the claims that is weaker than current gen consoles are probably truer than what you say.

Jaz007

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

No, you do not know. When have Microsoft annouced this? They haven't, you don't know what you are talking about. This is a false claim, I get the feeling the 720 reveal is gong to dissapoint you considering your expectations of how powerful it will be. How do you know the build will be more solid than PS4 as well? there is nothing to support this. You're understanding of how graphic effects in the next gen is also amazingly ignorent. The Wii U wont be able to do so many visual effects the PS4 and 720 will be able to do. You overpower the Wii U something to the point where the claims that is weaker than current gen consoles are probably truer than what you say.

skywake wrote:

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Dude, the features basically reveal themselves based on the specs. This is like the only gen where I've been able to decipher specs and assign them to features I would know are possible. If you would have asked me last gen, I would have had no idea, and I didn't try either. It's been 8 years since Xbox 360 has been released. That amount of time in itself, has given me enough time to understand the the components of video game consoles better.
I'm not BSing. Still continuing to think Wii U is even slightly, possibly weaker than last gen consoles is already a HUGE sign that you have no idea how ANY electronic works.
That in itself gives me enough confidence to back my claim aside from yours(claiming I'm wrong).
Ultimately, it really doesn't matter whether I'm wrong or right, anyway. When you see these things work for yourself, you will most have likely have forgoten about this forum discussion entirely, or that NL even existed on the internet at all.
Have a good day everyone.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Dude, the features basically reveal themselves based on the specs. This is like the only gen where I've been able to decipher specs and assign them to features I would know are possible. If you would have asked me last gen, I would have had no idea, and I didn't try either. It's been 8 years since Xbox 360 has been released. That amount of time in itself, has given me enough time to understand the the components of video game consoles better.
I'm not BSing. Still continuing to think Wii U is even slightly, possibly weaker than last gen consoles is already a HUGE sign that you have no idea how ANY electronic works.
That in itself gives me enough confidence to back my claim aside from yours(claiming I'm wrong).
Ultimately, it really doesn't matter whether I'm wrong or right, anyway. When you see these things work for yourself, you will most have likely have forgoten about this forum discussion entirely, or that NL even existed on the internet at all.
Have a good day everyone.

I didn't say that Wii U was less powerful than current gen consoles, I put down such statements in fact.

Jaz007

RR529

SCAR392 wrote:

Actually, he wasn't saying that he believes that Wii U is weaker than PS3 or 360.

He was saying that you're overestimaing the power of the Wii U, moreso than the detractors are underestimating it. (while it's slightly more powerful than 360 or PS3, it won't be nearly as powerful as "720" or PS4)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SCRAPPER392

@Jaz007
"I put down such statements in fact"
What is that supposed to mean? How powerful do YOU think Wii U is in comparison?

Qwest

GuSolarFlare

well, people could call WiiU "multi-gen", "dual-gen","transcendental gen" maybe "rogue gen"(this one's really cool) this way fans won't be offended and haters can keep joking like they always did without making so much noise.....

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Jaz007

@SCAR392 I think it's bit more powerful than current gen systems. I don't think we will see much of a difference, a little but not much.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

@SCAR392 I think it's bit more powerful than current gen systems. I don't think we will see much of a difference, a little but not much.

I think you should be expecting at least 50% better visuals from Wii U. The only true difference could end up being the resolution like last gen.
If Wii would have been in HD, we would have seen Monster Hunter Tri look like 3 Ultimate years ago. They only show you what you can see.
Nintendo's consoles will be stuck with the prior gen's resolution 2 generations in a row, and it won't matter until there is a generation where every console can match the same resolution on a display.
The difference is that 4K will predictably be harder to get widespread than HD was. Hell 4K TVs are twice as much money compared to HDTVs when those started hitting the market past first edition displays.

Qwest

OptometristLime

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007
"I put down such statements in fact"
What is that supposed to mean? How powerful do YOU think Wii U is in comparison?

He puts down [the haters]; in other words, he actively disagrees with those who would claim Wii U is under powered (when considered against the current generation).

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

NinChocolate

Next gen be damned its Nintengen now.

NinChocolate

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I think you should be expecting at least 50% better visuals from Wii U. The only true difference could end up being the resolution like last gen.
If Wii would have been in HD, we would have seen Monster Hunter Tri look like 3 Ultimate years ago. They only show you what you can see.
Nintendo's consoles will be stuck with the prior gen's resolution 2 generations in a row, and it won't matter until there is a generation where every console can match the same resolution on a display.
The difference is that 4K will predictably be harder to get widespread than HD was. Hell 4K TVs are twice as much money compared to HDTVs when those started hitting the market past first edition displays.

MH 3 Ultimate has disappointing visuals for a Wii U game. The resolution was not nearly as big of a difference for the Wii as you said. I've been mostly gaming on a SD TV for years. I'm upgrading soon though. So I've been playing Wii and PS3 on the same old TV with the same resolution. The difference in graphics was pretty big with PS3 games looking much better. Better resolution makes games look better for sure (I have played HD games on a HD TV), a systems power makes the real difference though.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

@Jaz007
This is the way I categorize the consoles in terms of graphical out put.
...<PS2<GCN/Xbox<Wii<Xbox 360/PS3<Wii U<PS4/Xbox∞
I have no doubt in my mind Nintendo's consoles are weaker than other consoles of the same generation. The difference is the control scheme mostly, but they do keep up with graphic fidelity to a certain extent. That is an undeniable fact.
Ultimately, I think Xbox∞ and PS4 will be able to push some sort of UHD resolution.
The resolution is a completely different category differing from actual graphics, but it does make a difference.
Nintendo is playing the part of Playstation and how they made consoles before PS3, graphics wise, moving past Dreamcast's attempt.
As for MH3U, I agree it doesn't look that great as a Wii U game, because we know Wii U can do better. I would say Wii in HD would have roughly(slightly less) been what MH3U is on Wii U.
Wii U will support 3D once the base ownership is at least 30% of 3D TVs(confirmed), Wii remotes will likely be supported by more Wii U games than PS4 with Move, and the GamePad reaches out to games PS4/Xbox∞ won't have(maybe with a tablet, though), regardless of graphics.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

GuSolarFlare

Pixelroy wrote:

Next gen be damned its Nintengen now.

THIS is the truth!!!!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Midnight3DS

They'll all be on the table soon enough, then we'll see which is bigger and better.

If it even matters....

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

SCRAPPER392

Midnight3DS wrote:

They'll all be on the table soon enough, then we'll see which is bigger and better.

If it even matters....

It doesn't matter. The games are what matter. The argument is that PS4/Xbox∞ will not kill Wii U in performance based soley on graphics. The same concept has applied to computers in general as far back as their first existence. The difference is that the lines are much more blurry when it comes to graphical fidelity, which also has alot to do with the resolution of displays.
4K is the next generation of TV, coming from HDTV. If there is no 4K content, you still only really have an HDTV. Being a TV is the relation they both have.
I'm getting an Xbox∞ for sure, the only thing I won't have is a 4K TV(I'm waiting for glasses free, which Toshiba actually already makes approximately 3K TVs that do so) and a 4K A/V reciever. The only things I won't be able to afford will cost me well over $10,000, and that's not a goal I plan on having to max out my setup. My only chance of having a 4K TV is getting it for free, or for $100.

Qwest

Midnight3DS

I'll let my eyes and experience tell the tale.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.