Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 341 to 360 of 444

skywake

When I first heard about it I thought it would be a fantastic game. Then when it launched with lukewarm reviews I lost a lot of interest. A couple of weeks ago I could have got it on PC for a pretty low price but I didn't because the hype had died down to the point I had almost no interest in it. However after the crap Ubisoft pulled with Unity? I have absolutely zero interest in giving Ubisoft money for any game ATM let alone one that's pretty mediocre.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Spoony_Tech

skywake wrote:

When I first heard about it I thought it would be a fantastic game. Then when it launched with lukewarm reviews I lost a lot of interest. A couple of weeks ago I could have got it on PC for a pretty low price but I didn't because the hype had died down to the point I had almost no interest in it. However after the crap Ubisoft pulled with Unity? I have absolutely zero interest in giving Ubisoft money for any game ATM let alone one that's pretty mediocre.

Call my tastes then pretty low standard or desperate then because all I intend to have is a Wii U for my hd gaming needs. I still like to play these type of games but if it's not on Nintendo then I guess I don't need to play it. Still would be nice to have more options outside of first party games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Metacritic has this releasing at midnight tomorrow. Still no reviews in sight and I've got that feeling we won't see one for up to a week from release.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

I'll probably just wait until it goes on sale for $20, like Splintercell. I might want it if it's $40, but that's about the limit. I think it will be a good port from Ubisoft, but there will be more games, I'm not made of money, and this is most likely a game Ubisoft will discount pretty quickly. I already let it go for 5 months, so I can wait another 5 for it to be $20.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MsJubilee

DiscoGentleman wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'll probably just wait until it goes on sale for $20, like Splintercell. I might want it if it's $40, but that's about the limit. I think it will be a good port from Ubisoft, but there will be more games, I'm not made of money, and this is most likely a game Ubisoft will discount pretty quickly. I already let it go for 5 months, so I can wait another 5 for it to be $20.

I'm the same boat, but frankly, I don't think we'll have to wait 5 months until it drops. I'm thinking by March it'll be $20ish

All three of us are in this boat? Nice i'm betting in february Watch dogs price will drop,cause of god awful sales.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SCRAPPER392

midnafanboy wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm the same boat, but frankly, I don't think we'll have to wait 5 months until it drops. I'm thinking by March it'll be $20ish

All three of us are in this boat? Nice i'm betting in february Watch dogs price will drop,cause of god awful sales.

The games' prices just need to be cheaper, anyway. Splintercell came out around the same time as Wind Waker HD; one was $60, and the other was $50, respectively. Seeing as I only had $50, I bought Wind Waker HD. Then the price dropped on Splintercell, to $20, and I bought it, so I ended up paying $70 for both games, instead of $110, and it's all because Splintercell couldn't compete price wise, and probably content wise to alot of people.

If Splintercell had been $50, I would have bought it. That's beside that we all know games are getting easier and easier to make on hardware that has been around for a while, so it should have been cheaper from the start. A remake of a 10 year old game beat a new released game in at least 2 ways.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

kkslider5552000

Oh well...ok.

You know even ignoring review scores or whatever, or the actual quality of the game...wow Ubisoft tried so hard to make me not care about this game. Unfortunately, they made a GTA clone with hacking so that attempt only partially succeeded.

If the port is of the same quality as ACIV, I'll probably still get it. Might be later than originally planned because of all of Ubisoft's...everything...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

Dlc never mattered to me, it's the second class citizen that gets me upset with their lies!

MERG said:

Aviator

SCAR392 wrote:

The games' prices just need to be cheaper, anyway.

Who needs profit anyways.

You'll start asking for publishers to give away games soon right?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Yoshi_Prime

So, some DLC. Now there's part of a thing less to complain about, probably.

Yoshi_Prime

CaviarMeths

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Dunno about that. It's just throwaway Day 1 DLC that should have been included in the main package anyway. Not only does Ubi want you to spend $60 on a 6 month old game, they hope you'll be excited about some crap they're holding hostage for an extra $10.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Yoshi_Prime

SpookyMeths wrote:

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Dunno about that. It's just throwaway Day 1 DLC that should have been included in the main package anyway. Not only does Ubi want you to spend $60 on a 6 month old game, they hope you'll be excited about some crap they're holding hostage for an extra $10.

And then we throw it back on the pile of waste that is Ubisoft .There's probably enough now for an entire Ubisoft thread.

Yoshi_Prime

MsJubilee

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Nah i'll start asking for good ports, not for half finished ones.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

Watch_Dogs for Wii U is looking better by the day

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, if it sells more games, then that is the opposite of missing profit, and I guess you didn't understand that possibility.

Qwest

dumedum

SCAR392 wrote:

@faint
According to the eShop, Watch Dogs will have online multiplayer, leaderboards, and game chat. The only thing we know is missing, is the DLC.

Well it's not missing. Why did people think it will be missing?

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

SCRAPPER392

dumedum wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@faint
According to the eShop, Watch Dogs will have online multiplayer, leaderboards, and game chat. The only thing we know is missing, is the DLC.

That's what alot of online gaming sites reported, including Nintendo Life.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/wii_u_version_of_wat...

EDIT: Also, it is only missing SOME of the DLC.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Grumblevolcano

dumedum wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@faint

Because Ubisoft said there wouldn't be DLC for Watch Dogs Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

crimsoncavalier

I don't understand why we have to buy Ubi's garbage when other 3rd parties have at least tried a little harder.

And as for the PS3 ... developers kept throwing games at that machine; even when it was floundering, even when games weren't selling, they never stopped supporting the stupid thing. Why is there a double standard? Why don't they continue to throw games at Wii U, even if they're not selling that well? They're still doing it to the 360 and the PS3. There is no justification for the lack of 3rd party support if they're still porting to PS360, and there is no justification for the crappy quality of the small amount of support we are getting.

I understood, and accepted, the lack of support on the Wii vs the PS360, because of the huge gulf in processing power between the machines. But here, there is no excuse.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.