Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 301 to 320 of 444

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen
Well, 3rd parties putting out gimped games shows they didn't give a damn, or were unable to give a damn. If I refuse to buy Watch Dogs, because it lacks DLC, I'm showing that I won't buy a game that will lack DLC support. It's simple. That's just an example, though. If I buy Watch Dogs, it will probably be on Wii U. I've already had the chance to buy it on Xbox One, and I still wasn't convinced, so the Wii U version is the one I'm looking at to make a decision.

You are also showing you don't want 3rd Party games on Wii U, unless you end up buying the game on Wii U. Just cause you stand for 1 thing doesn't mean you aren't sending another message too. Personally I am going to wait for the NL review, I just want to know what Multiplayer features it has and if the performance is acceptable. I am leaning towards getting it, especially if this upcoming job interview goes well.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

I can't really blame Nintendo for not saying anything really about this game. What a sad situation.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen
Well, 3rd parties putting out gimped games shows they didn't give a damn, or were unable to give a damn. If I refuse to buy Watch Dogs, because it lacks DLC, I'm showing that I won't buy a game that will lack DLC support. It's simple. That's just an example, though. If I buy Watch Dogs, it will probably be on Wii U. I've already had the chance to buy it on Xbox One, and I still wasn't convinced, so the Wii U version is the one I'm looking at to make a decision.

You are also showing you don't want 3rd Party games on Wii U, unless you end up buying the game on Wii U. Just cause you stand for 1 thing doesn't mean you aren't sending another message too. Personally I am going to wait for the NL review, I just want to know what Multiplayer features it has and if the performance is acceptable. I am leaning towards getting it, especially if this upcoming job interview goes well.

I do want 3rd party games on Wii U. I just want the full experience, and so do alot of other people. That is why people are buying 3rd party games on Xbox One and PS4, in the first place. If Wii U isn't getting the same treatment, then they can expect their efforts to not matter as much.

Like I said, DLC being absent is a deal breaker on a case by case basis. CoD Ghosts isn't a complete game without the DLC. That's Activision being just plain s***y across the board, because even though Xbox One and PS4 got the DLC, it should have been included in the core game. I agree that Watch Dogs looks like it will be fine without DLC, for the most part.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen

I do want 3rd party games on Wii U. I just want the full experience, and so do alot of other people. That is why people are buying 3rd party games on Xbox One and PS4, in the first place. If Wii U isn't getting the same treatment, then they can expect their efforts to not matter as much.

But that isn't what 3rd Parties see. They see users not interested in their games on Wii U, just because you and standing for full games (which I want too) doesn't mean that is what companies are seeing. They see money going out to make a product on Wii U that they aren't getting back.

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
Well, unless you think 3rd parties are oblivious, then they know that they didn't release full products(in some cases), That's why people can make their own decision. If someone wants Watch Dogs on Wii U, and is totally fine without the DLC, because of the GamePad or Miiverse or something, then that's great. That's the boat I'm in, myself, but if someone isn't fine without the DLC, they have every right to choose to avoid buying that game, for that exact reason. Supporting 3rd party games for the sake of support isn't a good enough reason for people to buy a game, especially if the game lacks a feature that would have helped them decide to buy said game. Those people are 100% entitled to that opinion.

They need to understand why people bought it, and why people didn't buy it. It's fine either way. If that means low sale numbers are a thing, then whatever. Knowing what consumers are buying is sometimes more important than the actual sales, and companies do that, BTW.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

DefHalan

I agree with you, if you don't want the game don't buy it. 3rd Parties understand they release games with missing features, but most do that to save money. When the market shows that they don't want 3rd Party games (missing features or not) then 3rd Party companies go else where. I am pretty sure no 3rd Party company is thinking to themselves, "we released a game with missing features and it sold terrible, for our next game we should put more money into the Wii U version." If 3rd Parties released a game fully featured do you think the Wii U version would sell well? It would probably have respecible sales numbers, like ZombiU. How about compared to the other systems? Even if we just focus on Current Gen (PS4/Xbone) the Wii U version would be lucky to sell anywhere near the amount of the Xbox One version. What would happen if 3rd Parties actually made money off their "gimped" versions? 3rd Parties would release more games with more features for the Wii U.

TheLilK98

DefHalan wrote:

I agree with you, if you don't want the game don't buy it. 3rd Parties understand they release games with missing features, but most do that to save money. When the market shows that they don't want 3rd Party games (missing features or not) then 3rd Party companies go else where. I am pretty sure no 3rd Party company is thinking to themselves, "we released a game with missing features and it sold terrible, for our next game we should put more money into the Wii U version." If 3rd Parties released a game fully featured do you think the Wii U version would sell well? It would probably have respecible sales numbers, like ZombiU. How about compared to the other systems? Even if we just focus on Current Gen (PS4/Xbone) the Wii U version would be lucky to sell anywhere near the amount of the Xbox One version. What would happen if 3rd Parties actually made money off their "gimped" versions? 3rd Parties would release more games with more features for the Wii U.

I guess we'll never know, because no one wants watered down ports to begin with.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Blast

I really hope I don't sound bitter but sometimes I feel like if it a bad game where to hit PS4... PS4 owners would buy it regardless.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

TheLilK98 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I guess we'll never know, because no one wants watered down ports to begin with.

When the "watered down" parts are parts I don't care about then I buy the game on Wii U. I didn't care about multiplayer in Sniper Elite or Batman Origins and got them on Wii U. The only port I have been really disappointed with was the Transformers port, multiplayer (even if it was just the escalation mode) was important to me in that series. This Watch_Dogs port also might still have the most important part for me, the online multiplayer. (mainly the invasion mode)

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

I really hope I don't sound bitter but sometimes I feel like if it a bad game where to hit PS4... PS4 owners would buy it regardless.

Destiny

But hey, I would buy Destiny if it came to Wii U (my only console) if it comes to PC I am going to wait for a sale, cause my PC isn't my primary gaming source so I don't buy anything for it at full price. Plus Steam Sales.

Also wasn't Rayman Legends "gimped" on all other systems but it still sold very well on them

Edited on by DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
That's why it's a catch 22. Buy "gimped" games so that they MIGHT give Wii U support(most of the people doing this only own a Wii U, or maybe a 7th gen console), or don't buy the "gimped" game, because it lacked the type of support(multiplayer, DLC, etc.) you wanted. Wii U gamers are screwed either way, so that's why it ultimately comes down to buying the game if they want it.

There is no blame on consumers, either way, because they have their reasons to buy or refrain from buying. That all comes down to the type of support companies give, and what those gamers enjoy.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Bigtime

Do we know what the Wii U version is lacking? Apart from any DLC.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

CaviarMeths

Bigtime wrote:

Do we know what the Wii U version is lacking? Apart from any DLC.

Consumer interest?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Octane

DefHalan wrote:

Yes, but when people start saying things such as

Octane wrote:

The third party games won't get better if everyone keeps buying the crappy ports to ''support'' 3rd party games. It only tells them that Wii U owners will buy anything for the sake of supporting 3rd party products. Sure, they'll put the blame on us and say that we don't like [insert whatever their excuse is], but the truth is, they know very well that they did a terrible job at porting the game over to the Wii U, and they know very well that that's the reason most Wii U owners don't bother with crappy ports.

These aren't true. There is no conspiracy against Nintendo and if 3rd Parties actually made money on Wii U then the Wii U would get more priority leading to better games. If you don't want to buy a game because it is "gimped" then don't buy it. Just don't understand when people try to make it anything other than a business problem.

I don't think you understood my post. I never said there was a conspiracy. I think you just said the same thing I was implying. Buy a game if you like it, not because you want to ''support'' a console or developer.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Yoshi_Prime

On a personal level, I don't care that there's no DLC on the Wii U version because DLC is usually a fool's game and its existence is just to steal money from consumers. Maybe the game will come out in a week and it'll be just as finely done as the other consoles' versions. My problem isn't the game itself, but Ubisoft's entire way of dealing with it. Delaying it for months on the Wii U to not make any known improvements while simultaneously pulling out "mature" support for the Wii U doesn't make me feel like, "Oh man, I want to support your company!" I mean, it's not just Watch Dogs. I refuse to buy Ubisoft games now on the principle of their bad business tactics. Same with EA. That's just me personally. Maybe Watch Dogs is fine for others. Hell, it's sold really well on the other consoles, but I am against Ubisoft and their business practices. Gimping is crap, though. I have bought third party games for the Wii U, though maybe not all of those were a sound decision. coughMassEffect3cough

Yoshi_Prime

DefHalan

@Octane

The other post I quoted was about the conspiracy. Your post was about the idea that if 3rd Party companies made money off of "crappy" ports then the Wii U would just continue to get "crappy" ports which isn't true. We saw with the PS3 that once they started making money off of ports that had performance issues they started to put more money into PS3 development and the PS3 became an important console in that generation. For some reason the other two console owners are willing to support "gimped" ports but Wii U owners won't. Rayman Legends was "gimped" on the other systems but sold very well, so well they are porting the ports to PS4/Xbone, if I remember correctly. I bet those versions will sell well even though those consoles are getting it much later than Wii U is getting Watch_Dogs

Edited on by DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

What did I miss in here lol.

I'm on the conspiracy bandwagon. One less system means more people would own one of the others and that maximizes their profits Since they don't want anything to do with a last gen system anymore.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

arnoldlayne83

There is no conspiracy here, just profit. And WiiU is not profitable from a 3rd party point of view....

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

Spoony_Tech

And yet if they don't have to have a separate development team solely dedicated to the Wii U then it also saves them money. Ture if the U was profitable we would see more games but what type of games. I still say most 3rd party companies wouldn't miss Nintendo from the stand point of making games for their system. We would still most likely see games from them if the console side failed but then no more development for their consoles that many don't care for or more simply don't understand.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

DefHalan wrote:

@Octane

The other post I quoted was about the conspiracy. Your post was about the idea that if 3rd Party companies made money off of "crappy" ports then the Wii U would just continue to get "crappy" ports which isn't true. We saw with the PS3 that once they started making money off of ports that had performance issues they started to put more money into PS3 development and the PS3 became an important console in that generation. For some reason the other two console owners are willing to support "gimped" ports but Wii U owners won't. Rayman Legends was "gimped" on the other systems but sold very well, so well they are porting the ports to PS4/Xbone, if I remember correctly. I bet those versions will sell well even though those consoles are getting it much later than Wii U is getting Watch_Dogs

Still, that doesn't explain away the fact that Watch_Dogs is the inferior version, yet most expensive when it'll arrive. My problem with Ubisoft is that they know that the Wii U version is gimped, and they still price it at $60. The price wouldn't be a huge problem, but it is when they point their finger to the Wii U userbase and tell them that they're not getting any games anymore; because we don't buy their overpriced gimped games.

I couldn't care less which gimped port sells well on the PS4 or Xbox One, I'm not going to buy a lazy port in the hope that one day we will get a proper game. If you want to sell your game to me, make sure it is right the first time around.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.