Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 201 to 220 of 444

Aviator

It's a very good game. Overhyped yes, but it's still got some great mechanics.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Gamer83

There's a lot of 1s and 2s for Watch Dogs from the users. The game is nowhere near that bad, those people are morons, but , I could see somebody marking the game a 5/10, it has its issues and some of the content is going to turn some people off. I'd rate it about a 7.5 or 8 myself. I enjoy the story, the side missions are cool and it's easy to get pulled in just running around Ubisoft's take on Chicago. The driving, however, sucks.

Gamer83

SCRAPPER392

Ya, the 0-5 scores are basically guaranteed BS. 6-7 seems reasonable. I kind of split on buying it, but I'm still wondering how the Wii U version will turn out. I'll just buy Dead Rising 3, or something... I haven't bought anything since Mass Effect 3 and Child of Light.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Gamer83

It'll be interesting to see what Ubisoft does with the gamepad, I just couldn't wait any longer for the game though and given some of the issues Splinter Cell had on Wii U I'm a little concerned about how Watch Dogs will perform. But maybe Ubi hits it out of the park with this version.

Gamer83

faint

SCAR392 wrote:

@shingi_70
Why would people be trolling, though? The game is pretty much the same on all consoles, unless you're suggesting that PS fans are trolling the Xbox section, and vice versa. I'm not really sure which group of people to trust, honestly.

actualy they do ...do this. read the reviews on amazon. these guys are a little more obvious.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Dreamz

Gamer83 wrote:

There's a lot of 1s and 2s for Watch Dogs from the users. The game is nowhere near that bad, those people are morons, but , I could see somebody marking the game a 5/10, it has its issues and some of the content is going to turn some people off. I'd rate it about a 7.5 or 8 myself. I enjoy the story, the side missions are cool and it's easy to get pulled in just running around Ubisoft's take on Chicago. The driving, however, sucks.

It drives me up the wall when I go to read reviews on Amazon or Metacritic and see 0s and 1s, only to find out that the review gave it that due to it not working properly on their system or something happening to the product in transit. The vast, vast majority of super low scores like that aren't even remotely warranted, in my experience.

Note though that I generally find perfect scores to be equally annoying; to me those scores should be reserved for genre classics. Yet some people seem to throw a perfect score at any game they even remotely like.

As for Watch Dogs, I expect the game to be graphically on the level of the PS3 and 360, which the leftover processing power used to utilize whatever they decide to do with the gamepad. The gamepad is exceptionally well suited to this sort of game, so I hope they do something interesting with it.

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

SCRAPPER392

@Dreamz
I don't think anyone of us really expecting anything more than GamePad features, but 4-6 months for some GamePad features seems pretty farfetched, if you ask me. The Wii U version was supposedly finished with the other versions, but now all of a sudden it's delayed all far out.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Gamer83

@Dreamz

No question people just handing out 9s and 10s can be annoying too. Some games like The Last of Us (I know I'll catch heat for that but it is what it is) and Zelda are deserving of those scores, then there's others like Titanfall and inFamous: Second Son, both great games worthy of 8s, but some people rate them as 10 simply because it's exclusive to their platform of choice.

Gamer83

SCRAPPER392

TBH, I think review scores are overrated. I didn't like Super Mario Galaxy 2 nearly as much as the first one, and it got a perfect score from some sites. The same thing goes for these low scored games.

I played RedSteel on Wii launch, and thought it was awesome, while everyone was giving Zelda a high score. You could tell that game was made for Wii. I didn't like ZombiU nearly as much as I did RedSteel, and many people seem like they don't care about either.

Qwest

jariw

Regarding user reviews, wait a bit longer until users really spent lots of time in the game. The user reviews I have read so far has mostly been first impressions, or by people who apparently never yet played the game.

jariw

skywake

Just looked at some gameplay footage of this for PC. I can say with a straight face that Mario Kart 8 on Wii U looks more impressive than Watch Dogs on PC. I'm completely surprised by this revelation TBH. Just.... wow...

Art and good QC > Horsepower and a rushed game

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Dreamz

skywake wrote:

Just looked at some gameplay footage of this for PC. I can say with a straight face that Mario Kart 8 on Wii U looks more impressive than Watch Dogs on PC. I'm completely surprised by this revelation TBH. Just.... wow...

I'm not terribly surprised to hear this. I just watched boogie's Francis video about the game, and he indicated that the game runs horribly on PC.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

unrandomsam

Dreamz wrote:

skywake wrote:

I'm not terribly surprised to hear this. I just watched boogie's Francis video about the game, and he indicated that the game runs horribly on PC.

It runs badly on i5's but the recommended CPU's are i7's or the 4ghz 8 core AMD.

They should have had two versions one that Nvidia did what they want with another just a direct port of the PS4 version for AMD.

I cannot see how they could end up with it not running well on something that is as close to the PS4 you could choose.

(Say FX8350 - 4ghz/16GB Ram/SSD/7950).

The reviews are bad across the board from real customers anyway. (Say from Amazon - You can see verified purchase even for the PS4 version).

Found out Ubisoft spends 3 times as much on Advertising as making the game and it shows.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

shingi_70

The stealth in this game works really well and you can complete missions pretty quickly if you know what to do. My favorite thing to do is to use the blackout item that suts down all the power in a two block radius. I used that during a night time mission and systematically taking all the goons out with my silenced pistol and take down moves.

I will say the game has a weird morality system. I can willy nilly go ahead and kill any guards in a mission but once I start killing cops i'm not rewarded for it at all. Speaking of which the wanted system works pretty well and isn't as cheap as most open world games tend to be. A person has to call the cops and you get a ping so you can find them and break their phone. if the civilian calls the cops start to scan for you and than the chase starts. There's even a pretty cool stealth car wear if you hold O aiden shuts off the car completely and leans back.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

This game could have been sooo much better.... I'm not gonna trash the game. I'm not gonna trash it but dang.... where's the sleek polish?
So much hype for this game.... so freaking much and people are upset because they expected much more.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

shingi_70 Thanks for the updates. I can only hope the U version turns out well enough to warrant a purchase. Slim chance it's the best version because of the games pad!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Knux

I'll likely buy this along with a PS4 down the road.

Knux

shingi_70

@Blast

The game isn't as good looking as the reveal but its pretty polished so far. The game even has the foresight to let you play the way you want to and you can pretty much buy every skill and weapon from the onset if you have the skill points or the cash. (On the skill side you have to wait five mission before you can start upgrading everything).

Also the way the game uses a random algorithm to make all the stuff you see on the screen about the NPC here random.
Untitled

So from what they're doing in the world how they react and the conversations they can be having through audio or text clips can be pretty entertaining or disturbing. For example I walked passed a guy who's big white descripter under his name was keeps secret bank account from his family, and than when I hacked his audio conversation he was lying to his wife about having to work late.

For a more disturbing one

I hacked into a home on my way to a mission and there was an old man on the ground with descripter Cancer in remission, than the voice mail comes on and its son talking about how he's coming over later and how his dad should move in with him and the grandkids. It took me a second to realize this guy had died of cancer.

Than I ran into some people partying and I cause a city wide blackout, the drunk people kept singing and dancing while the sober guys stopped it wasn't till a car exploded in the distance due to the traffic lights going out.

The stealth is really changed by the fact that you can interact with camera's in the world and over all the environment, it rewards you for going slow using the camera's to advance your approach and using gadgets as well as the enviorment too push people where you need them to..

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

unrandomsam

You say you can play it how you want but then exclude how I would want to play it (I hate stealth or playing anything slowly).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Blast

The Jordi/Jodey got with the long black hair is really cool. I wish he was the main character. He has a cool personality.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.