Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 101 to 120 of 444

kkslider5552000

It isn't at all, to answer the question. At least in the short term, Nintendo may need to beg or run to more mid-level devs from Japan, but they'll get their AAA support somehow.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MikeLove

dumedum wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Not to mention, as of this past October, Nintendo has ceased production of the Wiii. .

Nope. Not in America (Nintendo's biggest and most popular market for Wii). If PS3 is selling globally 80,000 a week, and Wii 20,000, then that's a 60,000 difference. Even assuming it keeps up with this rate forever, it will take more than 8 years for the PS3 to pass the Wii and not 3-5 years. And of course it won't keep up the rate... Wii's price cut to something ridiculous in the U.S. will increase it too.

So the PS3 will continue being made and sold in both Japan and North America, where it sells great in both places, while the Wii will only be sold in North America, yet the PS3 has no chance of catching up? Even though the Wii-U can play Wii games and is a "replacement" for that system (therefore it doesn't need to be purchased at all) while the PS3 is its own system (PS3 games can't be played on anything else) and also a bluray player? Again, the PS3 will still continue to outsell the Wii globally month by month for however many more years its being produced, thus continually eroding the lead in sales Wii has over it. The lead in sales the Wii has over the PS3 is constantly shrinking by tens of thousands (if not more) each month. The PS3 could theoretically continue being sold for 5+ years as a console/bluray/media center unit at a fairly steady rate.

MikeLove

jump

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/27/ubisoft-shanghai-collab...

IGN hinitng at the new Far Cry game coming to Wii U, based on the weak idea that a company that did a Wii U port is recruiting staff.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

sonicfanatic

not sure if these count as aaa title's but i'm pretty positive that there will be a lego city undercover 2 which will likely be nintendo exclusive also i'm sure that even when the sega partnership expires that most of their games will still be on wii u

WII GAMER FOR LIFE
FAVORITE GAME EPIC MICKEY

McGruber

I don't know if there is any hope for 3rd party Wii U support unless the system starts selling like GANGBUSTERS. My dilema is that I am a fan of Nintendo's games, and I actually like the Wii U controller, but I don't think at this point I should have to buy 2 systems to play major THIRD PARTY titles. Sony and XBox really don't have the exclusives to compete with Nintendo if Nintendo would just get on their A game...it's very frustrating and NO the answer isn't simply Mario on iPhones...

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

19Robb92

I guess we'll have to wait until E3 and see (unless we get some 3rd party ND).

But it sure looks like it is, for the moment.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Ganondwarf

bicceh1 wrote:

I can't see that many after Watch Dogs, even if it is a success. Nintendo need to ramp up their 1st Party titles and deliver more games, Star Fox and Metroid Games for instance. I really hope 2014 is a success for the Wii U. I'll give Nintendo 12 months to impress its current Wii U Fanbase and Lure more Wii owners to the console. after 12 months , PS4 & Xbox1 will have dropped in price and a lot of Wii u owners could be tempted to jump ship. We have MK8 & SSB to look forward too, we NEED more news on Monolith Soft X and a Zelda U announcement!!

Keep the faith!

I will never jump ship even if xb1 and ps4 drop there price too 100 dollars for their consoles I love nintendo and 2014 will be awesome yeah so far Wii U has been shit but I'm not worried anymore donkey kong tropical freeze is going to kick off in February and from there more games will keep coming

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

Kuksenkov

LOL, I came to this thread to read opinions about Watch_Dogs being the last AAA title from 3rd parties, not a console war like... always.

Lame. Anyways, I don't think this game will be the last "AAA" tittle we'll see on Wii U this year and much less in it's lifetime.

Actually, I don't know if these kind of games are called "AAA" just because they have tons of budgets for their development or is there any actual reason to call yearly entries on the franchises "AAA", titles that even after long time in development, a big staff working on them and a high budget to support them and yet still most of the time need to be patched.

Avid collector of Japanese music/films/videogames physical releases.

www.shadycandyshop.blogspot.com

Twitter:

jump

The new Sonic game is coming in 2015 and Human Element which has been stated as all next gen consoles (but not specificallyWii U).

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Knux

It could be, but most so-called ''Nintendo fans'' don't seem to play or care about games from third parties...which is honestly sad.

Knux

LzWinky

Knux wrote:

It could be, but most so-called ''Nintendo fans'' don't seem to play or care about games from third parties...which is honestly sad.

Well tell the 3rd parties to release better games on Nintendo systems. Aside from a few gems I don't see why I should bother with third parties

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ZyroXZ2

I hate to admit it, and while I want to stay positive, there's STILL some chance that the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs will be cancelled... Since the game isn't due for release for at least another 6 months, if they cancel it now, they just saved 6 months of money poured into the Wii U version... :/

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

Big_L91

yeah im not super confident were even going to get watch dogs. there was that rumor the whole game was canned, but when ubisoft commented they said that wasnt the case and it would definitely be released on xbox and playstation. the wii u was absent from this statement.

put it on.

scrubbyscum999

Knux wrote:

Yeah, cause people having different tastes and playing what they want is SO sad.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

MikeLove

scrubbyscum999 wrote:

Knux wrote:

Yeah, cause people having different tastes and playing what they want is SO sad.

It is, because you are the cancer that is eating away at Nintendo and slowly eroding their business. It's your narrow taste in games that stops third party developers from releasing titles on Nintendo consoles, which then hurts console sales because, believe it or not, most people don't want to purchase a Nintendo console that doesn't have games from anyone else.

MikeLove

Spoony_Tech

Here is some more bad news. I was just at a local Meijer and they had pre-order cards for the 2 playstaion systems and the 2 xbox systems but no where to be found for Wii U. They did have a Tropical Freeze so they at least pre-order Wii U games.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

scrubbyscum999

JohnRedcorn wrote:

scrubbyscum999 wrote:

Knux wrote:

It is, because you are the cancer that is eating away at Nintendo and slowly eroding their business. It's your narrow taste in games that stops third party developers from releasing titles on Nintendo consoles, which then hurts console sales because, believe it or not, most people don't want to purchase a Nintendo console that doesn't have games from anyone else.

Half of my 3DS games are third party. Way to make assumptions. I am just arguing people should play what makes them happy. Most AAA titles bore me. I like Japanese and some western indie games. So no, I am going to play what I like and so will everyone else despite what some random dude says on the internet.

So yeah, making assumptions, that's really awesome of you. /sarcasm

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

OptometristLime

JohnRedcorn wrote:

scrubbyscum999 wrote:

Knux wrote:

Geeze, personal attacks much?

Talk about the hypothetical narrow-minded Nintendo fan if you must, but pointed fingers will quickly turn on you.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Knux

scrubbyscum999 wrote:

There's a difference between someone having different tastes in games and narrowing themselves to only liking one company's games for whatever ridiculous reason. Nintendo isn't the only company that develops good games. I'm not going to go into all of the third party exclusives on Nintendo hardware in the past, but how is third party support a bad thing?

Having different tastes is not a bad thing, but having ridiculously narrow tastes is a horrible thing. People who are doing that are just crippling themselves as gamers, so what good can come out of that?

Edited on by Knux

Knux

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.