Forums

Topic: Could 2015 be the Wii U's final good year?

Posts 41 to 56 of 56

Ryno

Klimbatize wrote:

Those were good years? Ouch.

God for me, but hey, I got Whomp 'Em Limited Edition.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

Klimbatize wrote:

2012 had tons of games released for Wii U. 2014 had Mario Kart and Smash Bros, plus some other quality games. 2015 looks to have tons of great games as well. I believe Nintendo Posted Profits earlier this year, not sure if that will continue to the end of the year but it probably will.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Klimbatize

Ryno wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

God for me, but hey, I got Whomp 'Em Limited Edition.

I'm jelly. Must not be available in my region.

DefHalan wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

2012 had tons of games released for Wii U. 2014 had Mario Kart and Smash Bros, plus some other quality games. 2015 looks to have tons of great games as well. I believe Nintendo Posted Profits earlier this year, not sure if that will continue to the end of the year but it probably will.

I'm referring to sales and success. Those matter because I love Nintendo and want them to continue succeeding. If they don't make a profit, then I get less Nintendo games.

Also, they turned a profit as a company, but the Wii U cost them money overall...again.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

arojilla

Wait a moment... Is that Fusion rumor/wishlist now a thing? Did I missed something?

arojilla

DefHalan

arojilla wrote:

Wait a moment... Is that Fusion rumor/wishlist now a thing? Did I missed something?

No, it is still a rumor but it is the most likely to happen with the information we have now. It could be something completely different

DefHalan

Klimbatize wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

I'm referring to sales and success. Those matter because I love Nintendo and want them to continue succeeding. If they don't make a profit, then I get less Nintendo games.

Also, they turned a profit as a company, but the Wii U cost them money overall...again.

I don't think that is what the OP means. I think he is speaking from a consumer point of view

Edited on by DefHalan

arojilla

DefHalan wrote:

arojilla wrote:

No, it is still a rumor but it is the most likely to happen with the information we have now. It could be something completely different

Ah, well, thanks! Some of you were talking about Fusion like if it were more than a rumor so I was asking myself if there had been some kind of confirmation.

Now, to be honest, I think that Fusion rumor makes some sense, if anything because some of the specs seem natural progression. Then there are other parts that look like wishful thinking (like the cable TV parts for example). But with Nintendo you never know!

About the OP, I don't know about the future, all I know is that I'm going to have a lot of fun in 2015 (Zelda, Splatoon, Party...) and I will be happy I got a Wii U! Then who knows what 2016 will bring. There's a whole full year ahead and anything can happen.

arojilla

sub12

All you would need is an hdmi slot, stuff like the Nvidia shield already showcase Wii U quality graphics on a portable for a decent price.

sub12

WebHead

2015 will probably be the peak year, but I think 2016 should be a solid year as well. Things will slow down come 2017.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

crimsoncavalier

ricklongo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

The New 3DS I think is to keep the 3DS alive a little longer for the Fusion idea to happen.

Exactly my thoughts.

At this point, Nintendo has two options to try and be "top dog" again: 1) Getting back to the graphical arms race to attract more consumers, like they did with the SNES, or 2) Blowing people's minds with innovation, like they did with the Wii.

I'm not even sure which of these paths I would want them to take, but I'm pretty certain they will choose the second one. And Fusion certainly has the potential to fit right into that bill.

Either way, I think that will be late 2017 at the earliest. 2018 sounds reasonable.

If Nintendo wants to be top dog again, it has to do a little of both. Right now, it's only doing a little of the latter, and hardly any of the first. The Wii U needed to be quite a bit more powerful to fully compete, but that ship has sailed.

To be honest, if Nintendo could secure 3rd party games, and combine that with quality Nintendo franchises, there would be no competition. The Wii U is selling decently based on practically only 1st party games. Imagine if they were still getting some of that 3rd party love. There would literally be no reason to own an XBO or a PS4.

Next time, Nintendo.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

SkywardLink98

Ootfan98 wrote:

3rd parties Companies just want more profit for less work,

Fixed that for you. Of course third parties want more money with little investment, they're in the business of making money, not making you happy.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

WiiWareWave

No way. I can't see Nintendo stopping support after only 3 years, unless they actually want to pull a SEGA and lose most of their fans, money, and be forced out of the game console business.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

larry_koopa

It very well could be. Nintendo does have a history of only supporting its home consoles for about three years.

Let's see what we'll have by the end of 2015:

• 2 Mario platformers, 3 if you count the Luigi DLC
  • Mario Kart
  • Smash Bros.
  • 2 Zeldas, counting Wind Waker HD
  • New Star Fox
  • Pikmin 3
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Whatever that GamePad Kirby game is called.

That's literally all their bases covered unless they actually shock us and release a new Metroid or F-Zero. What else is there, really? It's not like third-parties are lining up to release exclusives. They might release one or two more great first-party games near the end of the Wii U's lifecycle (like Twilight Princess once the Game Cube was dead and Skyward Sword once the Wii was dead), but that's about it. Once the Smash Bros. and Mario Karts are released that's always it until the next console. By the end of 2015 they'll already have hit all of their major IPs, and some more than once...

This is why plenty of people own at least two consoles, @crimsoncavalier

Nintendo will not be "securing" any third-party games any time soon. Graphically they are just too far beyond what the Wii U can do, and developers have proven that they have no interest in the GamePad. You think the Wii U could ever handle a game that looks like Final Fantasy XV... I know that's not an exclusive title, but still. The Wii U just can't handle what the PS4 or X1 can produce, and why would third-parties all of a sudden decide to waste their time and resources developing a game exclusively for the Wii U when the sales of the PS4 have already handily passed that of Nintendo's system? The Wii U is underpowered compared to the competition; developers aren't interested in making essentially the same version of a game for both PS4 and X1, and then having to strip it down so that it can run on the Wii U.

This is how I look at it: Nintendo has their own great games, and all the other good stuff is pretty much available on both Sony and Microsoft's machines. So, pick one of the other guys to go along with your Wii U. This is why I choose to have both Nintendos and PlayStations in my living room.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

arojilla

Diddy_kong wrote:

This is how I look at it: Nintendo has their own great games, and all the other good stuff is pretty much available on both Sony and Microsoft's machines. So, pick one of the other guys to go along with your Wii U. This is why I choose to have both Nintendos and PlayStations in my living room.

Hell no, there's no way I'd touch a PS4 or Xbox One!

They are expensive under-powered PC wannabees. There's nothing on them that I like that I can't play on PC. Maybe one or two exclusives could tempt me (like Uncharted) but that's not enough when a PC is much better in any way: easy to update, more game options, better prices, emulators, workstation... At least the Wii U is a unique in hardware and software.

Not that this will save it... In fact, it won't. For me this is a missed generation for Nintendo. Next one they better have a plan for third party support.

But oh well, enjoying the games that came and like I'll enjoy those coming.

arojilla

renaryuugufan92

[quote=dumedum]There is no way that Nintendo will release a new home console in 2017.
The differences in graphics is minimal anyway.

I once thought the same thing, until I played newer games on both current gen -ps4/xbone- and pc, theirs a clear difference and its certainly more than minimal.

console generations used to be much shorter too for example the N64 was only on the market for a little over 5 years, and the GameCube for 6 years if you include its last shelf year of 2007. Sure the NES (1985 us launch) was on the market up till the mid 90s and the Super Nintendo (1991) till 1999 i believe, but new console generations did start in the middle of their respective lifespans, and I can certainly see it happening again with a new console in 2017/18.

more on topic though
The Wii U will still have a good first party showing for both 2015 and 2016, its 2017 we will be very unsure of.
2016 if we assume certain titles like animal crossing do not come out next year, will include such games like that, and a metroid, possibly F-Zero etc.

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Bolt_Strike

Diddy_kong wrote:

Let's see what we'll have by the end of 2015:

• 2 Mario platformers, 3 if you count the Luigi DLC
  • Mario Kart
  • Smash Bros.
  • 2 Zeldas, counting Wind Waker HD
  • New Star Fox
  • Pikmin 3
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Whatever that GamePad Kirby game is called.

That's literally all their bases covered unless they actually shock us and release a new Metroid or F-Zero. What else is there, really? It's not like third-parties are lining up to release exclusives. They might release one or two more great first-party games near the end of the Wii U's lifecycle (like Twilight Princess once the Game Cube was dead and Skyward Sword once the Wii was dead), but that's about it. Once the Smash Bros. and Mario Karts are released that's always it until the next console. By the end of 2015 they'll already have hit all of their major IPs, and some more than once...

In addition to Metroid and F-Zero, we're still missing:
-Paper Mario
-Animal Crossing
-A main series Kirby game (I highly doubt Rainbow's Curse is all we're getting from Kirby).

Oh, and Smash Bros and Mario Kart being it? LOL no, the Wii had a bunch of stuff after that. NSMB Wii, DKCR, Galaxy 2, Other M, Skyward Sword, RtDL, the Wii actually got quite a bit in 2010 and 2011.

I think 2016 is going to be decent, and then 2017 is when things will start to taper off. I think those two years are going to play out something like this:

Early 2016:
Pokken
Animal Crossing

Late 2016:
collectathon Mario
Metroid Prime 4
maybe F-Zero

2017:
Paper Mario
main series Kirby

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.