Forums

Topic: Controlling Wii U with 3DS

Posts 1 to 20 of 29

ChrisT99

Do you remember when Nintendo said that we would be able to control our Wii U's with our Nintendo 3DS's? I want to know what has happened to that, and why are we not able to do it?

My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

DarkLloyd

probably because it is not ready yet or my best bet there hasnt been software made to ultilise the idea

DarkLloyd

xBASSxMONSTAx

Nintendo lied to us. It will never happen, all I want is to play my 3DS games on my Wii-U.

xBASSxMONSTAx

DarkLloyd

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Nintendo lied to us. It will never happen, all I want is to play my 3DS games on my Wii-U.

i would play everything including devil survivor overclocked which im playing right now on the wiiu big screen but thankfully theres that fire emblem cross over with the franchise happening

also they did talk about it, something about your own personal screen in a multiplayer game or something

DarkLloyd

Neoproteus

I think they said at some point that the next Smash Bros game would allow you to use your 3DS as a controller. Also, isn't it possible to play a local multiplayer game between the 3DS and Wii U in Monster Hunter?

Neoproteus

moomoo

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't want my games that were made for a small screen to be on a screen up to ten times the size.
As for the topic, what's the point? I can't really see any point in it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

willobee

Neoproteus wrote:

Also, isn't it possible to play a local multiplayer game between the 3DS and Wii U in Monster Hunter?

It is indeed, so such a feature is already taking shape. Nintendo basically said you could use the 3DS in conjunction with the WiiU in many ways. And that is exactly true. But that doesn't mean they'll let you play 3DS games on the WiiU, or anything else specific. I think they want to find a good fit for using a 3DS with the WiiU. Like another Four Swords game, perhaps.

Baaaasically, they said it can be done, but that doesn't mean it will be done.

NNID: willobee

Tasuki

ChrisT99 wrote:

Do you remember when Nintendo said that we would be able to control our Wii U's with our Nintendo 3DS's? I want to know what has happened to that, and why are we not able to do it?

I remember them saying that it is a possibility but I never heard them say that we would be able to let alone that they were working on it. Besides wouldn't that basically be the same as using the gamepad?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

6ch6ris6

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I don't remember them saying that...

yeah
because they never said anything like that. they didnt even said "thinking about it".

this thread is just wishful thinking.
but of course it would be cool to do that. 3ds should be capable to do that without lag

Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
waiting for Nintendo to release a new handheld

OdnetninAges

6ch6ris6 wrote:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I don't remember them saying that...

yeah
because they never said anything like that. they didnt even said "thinking about it".

this thread is just wishful thinking.
but of course it would be cool to do that. 3ds should be capable to do that without lag

Well, he MIGHT just be thinking of this: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/rumour_3ds_cartridge...

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, RAYMAN

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Greatest Work of Fiction ever made

If the NX releases this year, it'll be a bit too early IMO.

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

TingLz

How about some sources with these statements? I don't remember this

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank B for Barbaric Squidkid

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ChrisT99

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I don't remember them saying that...

yeah
because they never said anything like that. they didnt even said "thinking about it".

this thread is just wishful thinking.
but of course it would be cool to do that. 3ds should be capable to do that without lag

Well, he MIGHT just be thinking of this: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/rumour_3ds_cartridge...

That is exactly what I was thinking of.

My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

KingDunsparce

moomoo wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't want my games that were made for a small screen to be on a screen up to ten times the size.

I don't know how well the 3ds would work, but my Gamecube's Gameboy Player works pretty well.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Placlu

Pikminsi wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't want my games that were made for a small screen to be on a screen up to ten times the size.

I don't know how well the 3ds would work, but my Gamecube's Gameboy Player works pretty well.

http://i.imgur.com/Zfzhm80.jpg
Kinda meh quality because phone, but thats on a like 47" TV? I think. Idk.
Not too terrible, but not great. Kinda weird playing the 3DS without looking at the 3DS.

Placlu

Tasuki

ChrisT99 wrote:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

I don't remember them saying that...

yeah
because they never said anything like that. they didnt even said "thinking about it".

this thread is just wishful thinking.
but of course it would be cool to do that. 3ds should be capable to do that without lag

Well, he MIGHT just be thinking of this: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/rumour_3ds_cartridge...

That is exactly what I was thinking of.

I guess you missed the part when it said it was a rumor and to take it with a grain of salt. Also if you noticed Nintendo didnt say anything about it it was just some French site that was talking about it.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic