Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 421 to 440 of 446

Sean_Aaron

The speed run level is going to prove difficult to meet the goal for; ditto the level before or after it with the structure sinking into the lava. I'd love to %100, but I don't know if it's possible for me. Have a few bonus levels and some toad hunts to do. Great game with bags of charm - just pure Nintendo!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

octoman2611

Possibly controversial opinion, but I actually enjoyed this game more than Mario 3D World. That might be because my expectations going into this game were lower, but I enjoyed Captain Toad's slower pace and gentle puzzle solving more than 3D World's more action based levels which I felt lacked a bit of identity.

octoman2611

VanillaLake

@octoman2611: I was quite disappointed by both Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World. I bought Captain Toad only because I needed some stars for my final Club Nintendo reward. I haven't played it yet though.

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Robot_Raccoon

@octoman2611: They're both very different games though. That's like me saying I enjoyed more Splatoon more than 3D World because I get to have competitive online shoot outs.

Like, I know they're both set in that same place, but ones a platformer, the other is a puzzle game.

Robot_Raccoon

DefHalan

I enhoy both 3D World and Captain Toad, however they are very different games to me. Captain Toad was my GOTY in 2014 and 3D World wasn't my GOTY in 2013 but I enjoyed both for the reasons they were created. Different experiences are desired at different times.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

@octoman2611: I enjoyed Captain Toad over 3D World. I don't think 3D World is a bad game, actually, I really liked it. However, I liked Captain Toad more for the reasons you mentioned. I liked that the game had a free moving adjustable camera as well.

Octane

octoman2611

@Robot_Raccoon: I suppose you're right, it is slightly unfair of me to compare the games when they are completely different. I enjoyed Captain Toad more, but that may simply be because I enjoy the type of game that Captain Toad is more than I enjoy the type of game 3D World is.

Having said that, I would say Captain Toad makes better use of the characters/ assets that both games share, such as the double cherry and the piranha creepers etc.

octoman2611

Sean_Aaron

I don't think it's that controversial. Captain Toad's contained levels and (mostly) more sedate pace are quite refreshing to me. I'd probably take Captain Toad over 3D World as well, though I think 3D World is excellent.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Rexcalibr

I am trying to do a 100% completion on the game so I'm only on the second storybook. I've had to go online on one stage to find out where Pixel Toad was (it was the library stage). I could hear him but could not for the life of me find him. He's a tricky little rascal.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

My favorite part of the whole game so far was this track. I would play through this level even after I beat it just to listen to it.

I wouldn't mind a Captain Toad themed level in Smash Bros, especially if they put this music as one of the tracks.

EDIT - just discovered the track is a remix from Super Mario 3D Land... I never played that but I do own 3D World for the Wii U.

the Captain Toad version sounds better though (the version where you're underwater).

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Ghost Gallery Gambit is such a terrible level. The third story book has some bad ones, where the difficulty is kind of spiked to an extreme and the game stops being fun and just frustrating. I hate using online walkthroughs for games but it was needed for that one if you're trying to do a full completion of the game. There was a level called Shy Guy Shadow Den that was also really bad. The camera works against you.

Rexcalibr

wiiincarthage

I just bought Captain Toad on eBay a couple days ago - in fact, it hasn't been delivered yet and I'm looking forward to playing it! I love 3D platformers and a still sealed copy for $30 with free shipping beat Walmart's price on the game..

Wii in Carthage - NNID: dave64836

erv

I haven't gotten around to playing this one yet but definitely will. Because I was playing other games I didn't really get around to buying it yet. I'm quite certain I'm going to love it though.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

jump

I've just noticed if you don't press anything on the title screen it'll take you to new diorama with the original Super Mario Bros' first level in a weird pop out painting.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@jump: That one is pretty old. I think it was there since launch. I've definitely seen it before.

Octane

buildz

Yeah, that has been there since launch. I remember GameXplain pointing out when the game came out. The only update that came out was for the amiibo support and the video by GameXplain came out well before that update.

"Things don't always go to plan - so don't plan, then nothing can go wrong! Right..?"

Nintendo Network ID: jBuildz17

jump

I've only just noticed it because I normally go straight into the game and this time I was messing about about I started playing.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Peek-a-boo

I know that the likes of Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Maker and Super Smash Bros. will be the games that shall define the Wii U when we look back at this system somewhere down the line.

And yet, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker remains my most memorable and charming game I have played in the past three and a bit years, on any platform.

I think I'll remember this game much more fondly than those four or five games that I listed above.

It helps that I played Captain Toad over the festive Christmas period, and Nintendo games always goes together very well with that cosy time of the year...

I might even go back to this sooner than later!

Peek-a-boo

Bsham

Peek-a-boo wrote:

It helps that I played Captain Toad over the festive Christmas period, and Nintendo games always goes together very well with that cosy time of the year...

LOL! I feel the same. Nintendo and christmas go together more than Santa and christmas.

Bsham

DefHalan

Captain Toad will be a Wii U standout title for me too.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.