Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 401 to 420 of 446

Knux

Been playing this gem for the last few days. I'm really surprised on how good and polished this game is. The Wii U ride never ends!

Edited on by Knux

Knux

theWAITisOVER

will the bundle (game+amiibo) be available on europe?

Stop to hang up on STUPID LITTLE THINGS! Play Wii U! ;-)
ANASTACIA: THE NEW ALBUM "EVOLUTION" INCLUDING THE NEW SINGLE "CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE" OUT NOW! ;)

Octane

theWAITisOVER wrote:

will the bundle (game+amiibo) be available on europe?

I wasn't aware that this game will be bundled with a Toad amiibo. Apparently it is:

Untitled

I don't think anything is confirmed for Europe or North America yet.

Octane

jariw

Just finished Mummy-Me Maze Forever.
Actually it wasn't as difficult as I though. It was a "level" that I felt relied much more on a good methodical tactics than action skills. The most challenging level (by far) for me was the special mission on one of those last levels in book 3 (collecting all the coins on the speedy marathon level).

I have quite a few time goals left to beat, but I'll take those gradually.

Anyway, I think I have never experienced a puzzle-based game with such amazing good-feel production values. I'll definitely get a Toad amiibo and revisit those levels in about 2 months.

A highly recommended game to those that haven't got it yet.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Henmii

"Wingo sounds like a masculine name, but it has feathers that act like red eyeliner, so I'm confused"

Its a Japanese male, so the eyeliner is probably the epitome of manliness. Lol!

By the way: Really fun game. The levels may be short and rather easy, but its still a fun game.

Am I the only one who thinks the music from the Ghosthouse level (with the doors) sounds very similar to the Warioland remix from Warioland 2? Kudo's to that!

Update: There, every level done. Every star, gem and objective. Only the infinite mummy-me maze left. I got to floor 20-something. Its pretty hard, so I try it again at a later date.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Knux

Such an incredible game! Just beaten every level in Episodes 1-3 with all gems obtained and challenges cleared! I love this version of Super Bell Hill! Now to try more of the bonus content and the time attack challenges!

Knux

Octane

NintyMan wrote:

According to the German Nintendo website, all amiibo will be compatible in Captain Toad. However, they only give you 1-UPs.

http://www.ntower.de/News/35622-Captain-Toad-Treasure-Tracker...

I am not a huge fan of amiibo, but this is so pointless, they might as well not include the amiibo support. Just play the final level once and you're maxed out on lives.

Octane

jariw

There's now a "miiting" interview with the director Shinya Hiratake on Miiverse. Lots of info from the development of the game.

jariw

LzWinky

On the topic of amiibos, I actually like how developers are implementing bonuses for having amiibos.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SuperPokefan95

I just got this game recently and it is incredibly charming. I like it so far and I hope it stays good.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

jariw

Got a Toad amiibo and started to play the hide-and-seek game update. The update to download was surprisingly small actually.

It's really nice to revisit the game after a few months away from it. On some early levels, the hide-and-seek challenge is very easy, where it's only to rotate the model. On other levels, it's much more of a challenge, where you need to play through the level, sometimes move an object and position the camera just right.

jariw

jariw

Pahvi wrote:

1) Do you have to scan the amiibo for every single level you play?

Yes, you start the game mode with the amiibo, and you'll get a special animation where the pixel Toad jumps into the level.

Pahvi wrote:

2) Does the game keep any track on which levels you have spotted the pixelated Toad?

Yes, you get a golden pixel Toad stamp on each level where you've solved it.

jariw

Sisilly_G

Scanning any other amiibo will give you 1 or 2 bonus lives (I don't know if more are possible; I've only experienced a maximum of 2 at any given time). You can scan the same amiibo twice consecutively but you'll need to wait a while before you'll be permitted to scan that amiibo again (about an hour or two). I don't know if there is a limit to how many different amiibo you can scan per day or within a set time period. I only tried this with my Super Mario series amiibo and they all yielded some extra lives without any issues.

It is also worth pointing out that Bonus levels do not include "Hide and Seek" modes, nor do any other special levels such as prologues/epilogues, cut-scenes etc.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Storytime7

I bought this game a few months ago, but just recently started it. They really took the concept of those Captain Toad levels in 3D World, and ran with it. I love how each level feels unique from one another. One thing I don't like about the game is how it doesn't tell you what the bonus objective in a level is until you've already beaten it. The objectives have been mostly obvious so far (17 levels in), but it feels like it was done to pad out the game's length. The camera is a little awkward, but I got used to it after a few levels. Still having a great time with this game so far despite the few problems I have with it.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Octane

@Storytime7
It's definitely there to encourage replayability, but yes, it can be seen as unnecessary padding. I didn't have any problem with the bonus objectives, as the levels are relatively short and you're very likely to beat the objective during your first try anyway.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

rallydefault

@Storytime7: Yea, definitely there for padding. But I am having fun and going back to accomplish everything, bit by bit.

rallydefault

Storytime7

@Octane: I agree that it's not much of a problem, but it's unfortunate because this game didn't need that kind of padding. The game may not be too long, but the level variety makes up for it.

@rallydefault: Yeah, this game is a lot of fun. It's good for playing in bursts because of how much progress you can make in a short amount of time.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

jump

Argos in the UK are gonna be exclusively selling a game + amiibo bundle...

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@OneBagTravel: I'd rather see a sequel happening. We need some Toadsworth action.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.