Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 381 to 400 of 446

jariw

What kind of "secret" things have you found in the game?

Here are some:

• Move the stylus/finger on (some of the) grass areas for a nice effect.
  • To discover hidden gold mushrooms, the Gamepad vibrates when you're are above them.

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

What kind of "secret" things have you found in the game?

Here are some:

• Move the stylus/finger on (some of the) grass areas for a nice effect.
  • To discover hidden gold mushrooms, the Gamepad vibrates when you're are above them.

Touch a Conkdor's head, and break its glasses.

Octane

TheLegendofVince

Hi, I was wondering which level in Captain Toad is your favourite. I think Double-Road Dash is one of my faves, but also Battle Tower Blitz is great. However, I like them all! The graphics are really great, even the gamepad 'gimmick' pieces are fun to do. But mostly, the stages/level are good developed. A minus? The camera angle are sometimes frustrating.

Drop-Road Dash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCiA...M7x0uBY78J-dkH

TheLegendofVince

Octane

Pahvi wrote:

I'm not so sure on my favourite level, but I know what definitely aren't: the first section in the bonus levels. Those levels are lumps of coal whereas the normal levels are squeezed and packed so tight that they've become diamonds. Or at least much better.

That's because the first four levels from Bonus are copied from Super Mario 3D World. They're more of an homage to 3D World than actual levels.

Octane

Octane

Pahvi wrote:

@Octane - I was aware of their origin, and I still feel they weren't fun to play.

Whereas I do agree, I didn't really mind, as they were bonus anyway.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

123akis

Should I get this game download or physical?

123akis

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2155-4301 | Nintendo Network ID: 123akis | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

@123akis Get it physical.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Octane

TheLegendofVince wrote:

Always physical

If you want to advertise your YouTube channel, I don't think that's allowed in posts. Also, please put a spoiler tag on that link or some warning if you're going to link videos of straight up gameplay.

Octane

DreamyViridi

NintyMan wrote:

Weird question; but is Wingo male or female?

When it was first shown, I thought it was female and it was described as female, but now sites like Super Mario Wiki call it male. Wingo sounds like a masculine name, but it has feathers that act like red eyeliner, so I'm confused.

This isn't the first time I've been confused about a new Nintendo villain's gender...

I think it's female, I remember seeing that in official sources before the game's release but I'm not 100% sure on that. Does the manual says anything gender-related about Wingo?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Octane

NintyMan wrote:

Weird question; but is Wingo male or female?

When it was first shown, I thought it was female and it was described as female, but now sites like Super Mario Wiki call it male. Wingo sounds like a masculine name, but it has feathers that act like red eyeliner, so I'm confused.

This isn't the first time I've been confused about a new Nintendo villain's gender...

I was under the impression that Wingo was female...

The official Captain Toad site says this about Wingo: ''This magical bird has stuck his beak in where it doesn't belong—between Captain Toad and the Power Star!''

It could be a mistranslation.

Source: http://captaintoad.nintendo.com/adventurers/

Octane

RedDevilAde

So hands please, who finds the gyro camera useful? I find it a massive hindrance (mainly due to tremor from suffering from MS) and it annoys me it can't be turned off since I find the R stick much more useful.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Octane

RedDevilAde wrote:

So hands please, who finds the gyro camera useful? I find it a massive hindrance (mainly due to tremor from suffering from MS) and it annoys me it can't be turned off since I find the R stick much more useful.

After almost 20 years of 3D games, I'm pretty used to controlling the camera with an analog stick. So personally, I've never used (or tried not to use) the gyro camera.

Octane

NinjaWaddleDee

I just got this game for Christmas. It's a fun little game, bit it's really hard for me to play it in long bursts. Its more of a pick up and play game in my opinion. And is it just me, or did they miss a great opportunity by adding multiplayer to this game? Maybe just like separate challenge levels or something.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

WiiWareWave

I'm getting a loaner from Nintendo's PR agency to review for my website, no don't ask me about my website because I'm not going to say what it is because that would be against the NL ToS.

Anyways what should I expect going into this game for the first time?

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Octane

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

Nothing, it's always good to go in a game without expectations.

Octane

WiiWareWave

Octane wrote:

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

Good answer.

I heard that there's bonus content for people who have save data from Super Mario 3D World. Is this true? Spoiler tag please.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Octane

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

Octane wrote:

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

Good answer.

I heard that there's bonus content for people who have save data from Super Mario 3D World. Is this true? Spoiler tag please.

Yes, that's true. However I do not know if these levels open up for people who do not have 3D World save data, but I imagine they will after they've completed the game (don't quote me on that though). All I know is that, with 3D World save data, you can play them from the beginning.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

jariw

Octane wrote:

Yes, that's true. However I do not know if these levels open up for people who do not have 3D World save data, but I imagine they will after they've completed the game (don't quote me on that though). All I know is that, with 3D World save data, you can play them from the beginning.

Players without the Mario 3D World save data get those levels unlocked after the credits has rolled in book 3. It makes more sense to play those particular levels after that point anyway, since you have the video explanation for why they are present after that point.

jariw

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.