Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 446

Octane

jariw wrote:

Do some parts of Europe get the game before Christmas, after all?
http://bitparade.co.uk/article.php?id=3554

I looked up the status of my pre-order, and it says ''processing'', however the expected release date is still 02-01-2015.

Octane

Octane

Update; My pre-order is set to arrive on the 31st of December. You might want to check your pre-order if you don't already have the game. Although I probably don't have time to play the game until the 2nd of January anyway, it's still nice to get it a little earlier.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

RedDevilAde

whodatninja wrote:

dumedum wrote:

So what is up with Amazon? Already out of stock.
http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Toad-Treasure-Tracker-Wii-U/dp/...

Nintendo has a SERIOUS problem with stock it seems...

Hopefully that means Nintendo grossly underestimated their sales this xmas.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

bezerker99

I completed this game last night. Wow, what an awesome experience!

Now, nothing for me to do except sit back and wait for an ämiibö functionality update~

Yoshi_Prime

I finally got around to playing it last night (for about an hour). It was a ton of fun for that hour. Hot diggity.

Yoshi_Prime

CaptainToadFan

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

http://www.Captain-Toad.com/

For everybody who doesnt know yet:

Gameplay:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker builds upon the Adventures of Captain Toad minigame within Super Mario 3D World, where the basic gameplay model had been first introduced. In the game, players control Captain Toad, or sometimes his companion Toadette, who must safely navigate through various obstacles in order to reach a gold star at the end of each level.

The player can manipulate the camera to view around the level, which can reveal hidden areas containing bonus items. Captain Toad can be hit twice before dying, and can collect mushrooms to restore his health. As in Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad is able to walk and run, but unable to jump. Toad can pull up plants from the ground, which yield either coins to be collected or turnips to be thrown at enemies. He can collect a pickaxe that, similar to the hammer found in Donkey Kong, briefly allows him the ability to clear out enemies and obstacle blocks. The game makes use of the Wii U GamePad's features, as the player can touch the screen to manipulate platforms, as well as use gyroscopic controls to aim turnips while riding mine carts. The game makes use of Amiibo figurines.

Story:
​Captain Toad and Toadette are out treasure hunting, climbing a structure to get a Power Star. They soon after notice feathers falling from the sky when Wingo, a large bird who's described as "a lover of all things shiny", grabs the star. Toadette attempts to retrieve it while Captain Toad is temporarily knocked over. Wingo makes off with both the star and Toadette, leaving the Captain on his own. Captain Toad must then go through stages collecting Power Stars to reach Wingo and save Toadette.

Once Captain Toad reaches Wingo's fortress, they fight, and after Wingo is defeated, Toadette is rescued and they continue treasure hunting. However, Wingo returns to steal their treasure again and ends up capturing Captain Toad, allowing Toadette to journey on a solo adventure. After another long journey, Toadette saves him, although immediately afterward Wingo reappears, captures Toadette again and blows Captain Toad away.

The Captain awakes in a dark cave, where he finds another Power Star snatched away by Wingo. Toad pursues to a large mine. Meanwhile, Toadette escapes Wingo and goes off to reunite with Captain Toad, though is captured again soon after. Wingo then takes her to the same tower, while Captain Toad arrives. After a final fight, Wingo is truly defeated, and the two Toads ride off in a minecart as the credits play.

After the credits, Captain Toad notices a Green Star falling through the sky, and chases after it, leaving Toadette in the minecart. The opening scene of Super Mario 3D World plays, though after Mario and the others enter the Clear Pipe to chase Bowser, the Green Star falls in as well, with Captain Toad climbing into the Clear Pipe to chase after it.

What do you think of this game, (starring my favorite nintendo character of all time)?

Greets.
Toad Fan

Edited on by CaptainToadFan

CaptainToadFan

jariw

CaptainToadFan wrote:

For everybody who doesnt know yet:

Please use the spoiler tags, even if the story of Captain Toad is thin.

jariw

Octane

I've been playing this game for the last two days, and it's more difficult than I expected. I expected to breeze through the game, that's certainly not true.

Octane

Jarobusa

I tried to play the game last night and it freezes my Wii UI, I have to power off the system for the Wii U to come back. Any ideas?

Jarobusa

jariw

Jarobusa wrote:

I tried to play the game last night and it freezes my Wii UI, I have to power off the system for the Wii U to come back. Any ideas?

Sounds like it can be a hardware issue of some sort, so you might contact Nintendo about this. I've been following a quite long thread about playing Captain Toad on NeoGAF, and no such thing mentioned there. Game-breaking bugs in Nintendo titles would be big news on NeoGAF.

jariw

CanisWolfred

Also, is your system up to date?...Ninty's probably gonna ask that first so I figure we may as well get that question out of the way...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

jariw

Got this game today. I'm working my way through slowly trying to get 100% all the way, so I can unlock the stuff at the end right away when I get there. The visuals and audio are brilliant, and it's probably the most charming and happy puzzle game I've ever played.

Since the game is organized in "books", I don't think it's far fetched to think there will be more books as DLC when the amiibo support arrives?

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

Got this game today. I'm working my way through slowly trying to get 100% all the way, so I can unlock the stuff at the end right away when I get there. The visuals and audio are brilliant, and it's probably the most charming and happy puzzle game I've ever played.

Since the game is organized in "books", I don't think it's far fetched to think there will be more books as DLC when the amiibo support arrives?

Unless the DLC will also available through the eShop, I doubt it. Nintendo has stated multiple times that they don't want to lock content (as in levels/characters) behind amiibo.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

jariw

Octane wrote:

jariw wrote:

Unless the DLC will also available through the eShop, I doubt it. Nintendo has stated multiple times that they don't want to lock content (as in levels/characters) behind amiibo.

I agree with you, I probably phrased that in a bad way. I meant like for MK8, where the amiibo support and DLC material was available for download at the same time.

jariw

Octane

Two days later, and the game is almost completed. It's a wonderful little game.

One minor complaint is that you cannot remove the crown once you beat Mummy Maze Forever, so I never got the crown myself.

Octane

Inkling

It's official: GAME is a bad store. They were selling this game for £44.99 (when the price is supposed to be £35). There's other things, but seriously >:[

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

paul6891

Inkling wrote:

It's official: GAME is a bad store. They were selling this game for £44.99 (when the price is supposed to be £35). There's other things, but seriously >:[

That maybe but they are selling the download code for £29.99, £5 less than Nintendo.

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.