Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 446

DylanMcGrann

I've only played for about ~30 minutes so far. And I've mastered the first 3 levels. I really like it so far. It's very cute and polished looking. It's obviously an improved Super Mario 3D World engine. The first two levels have nice detail, though I think that's in part just because the camera is more zoomed out here than in most games and in comparison to Super Mario 3D World. And I really like the animation, sound design, and music so far. The movement and expressions of Toad are really well done (and cute). It already feels very distinct from yet related to Mario.

It's obviously not challenging yet, but I'm enjoying how straightforward and direct the game is. There's really no tutorial aside from the message "use the right stick or tilt the GamePad to control the camera," which is actually my only complaint so far. I'm using the GamePad tilt controls, and I only need to see that message once. All three levels started out telling me this and it stays on the screen for as long as 15 second sometimes and won't go away, even if I'm manning the camera just fine with either tilt or stick control. I wouldn't be so annoyed if the message wasn't so opaque and occupied the whole bottom fourth of the screen, making it hard to see what's below on-screen. Given how zoomed out this game often is, there can actually be a lot in that relatively narrow strip of the screen. The message reappearing two or three times through the course of the level makes it pretty annoying. Despite my elaboration, it's really a minor complaint at this point considering I've only played the first three levels. I'm assuming it won't happen any more after a number of the earlier levels.

(By the way, I've stayed almost completely in the dark on this game, so please forgive me if there is something obvious or already known that escapes me.)

Edited on by DylanMcGrann

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

jump

So Amazon.co.uk aren't taking orders on this game any more, possibly due to selling out their stock?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jariw

arronishere wrote:

So Amazon.co.uk aren't taking orders on this game any more, possibly due to selling out their stock?

Release is still so far away in Europe, that it seems likely that the preorder price was set to low?

jariw

TRON

I went in playing spoiler free, and I'm loving the game, especially at the price. I'm not 100% on it yet, but I feel I got my moneys worth already. It's very cute, and my kids love playing it too.

Spoiler on length, probably common knowledge but it was a nice surprise for me:

I was a little surprised after finishing the first book, and felt it was a bit short.. but then it opens up book two where you save Captain Toad with Toadette. Oh the joy!

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

DefHalan

Captain Toad should have been winning all the GOTY awards!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

JonSpangler

I don't know if its been mentioned about this game but hidden Luigi's are back. Just posted one on miiverse. Was a pleasant and happy surprise.

Saw my first one in book 2, wind up stairs level.

JonSpangler

Twitter:

jariw

JonSpangler wrote:

I don't know if its been mentioned about this game but hidden Luigi's are back. Just posted one on miiverse. Was a pleasant and happy surprise.

Saw my first one in book 2, wind up stairs level.

There are also 8-bit Rosalina sprites appearing in the game, which is fun kind of touch (since had her debut as late as Mario Galaxy).

jariw

Zizzy

Those skits were terrible. Wow.

Thoroughly enjoying Captain Toad, though. Super fun game.

Edited on by Zizzy

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

Octane

BensonUii wrote:

Eff! Captain Toad both retail and download delayed back from January 2 to 9 again in Italy. I'm not sure about other EU territories. Reason is some retailers are closing around New Year's day. Thanks Berlusconi!

http://www.nintendo.it/Notizie/2014/dicembre/Captain-Toad-Tre...

They talked specifically about regular stores, I wonder if it's the same for online retailers. Anyway it seems it'll be released on the second of January in all other European countries though, without delay.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Azooooz

Not long now for European Wii U owners to pick this up. 15 more days.

2nd January, 2015

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Octane

Azooooz wrote:

Not long now for European Wii U owners to pick this up. 15 more days.

2nd January, 2015

*16 more days.

Octane

Yoshi_Prime

I just got the game yesterday. I'll have to see how cool it is when I play it... after I finally put Fantasy Life down.

Yoshi_Prime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.