Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 321 to 340 of 446

rallydefault

@kkslider5552000

Funny you say that. I've randomly started going back to 3D World to 100% it, and boy, it's really an amazing game. It kind of makes me sad that so many people will never know how much fun that game is. Ah well, I guess that goes for a lot of things lol

rallydefault

dkxcalibur

I got a chance to play the demo at Target on Friday when I picked up Smash. It was a lot of fun. We got to try the two basic levels and the dragon boss fight. We completed all three levels but failed to collect every item or finish additional challenges. We're getting it but not on release day. Most likely we'll get it as a Christmas gift.

My fear with this game is that it will be short lived. However, Nintendo has it priced right to account for this.

Edited on by dkxcalibur

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

jsubbuteo

I'm looking forward to this game more than I did for Bayonetta 2 and Smash

jsubbuteo

Captain_Toad

Hey everyone! Captain Toad Here. Excited of Treasure Tracker coming out in less than a week? Heh, of course you are. And I'm sure the guys from Nintendo Minute are too. Because they've just posted a video about the new levels in the game and a bit of a surprise somewhere around here..[youtube:RBkinsU_wfY]

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

unrandomsam

Might as well not look at marketing videos but ones done by 3rd parties who have the game with no restrictions.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

jariw

And today it should be embargo lift time for Captain Toad, probably at 9AM PST as usual. Personal guess is that it'll get about the same review treatment as Tropical Freeze. Hope to be able to read spoiler-free reviews, since I try to stay away from spoilers now until January 02.

jariw

jump

jariw wrote:

And today it should be embargo lift time for Captain Toad, probably at 9AM PST as usual. Personal guess is that it'll get about the same review treatment as Tropical Freeze. Hope to be able to read spoiler-free reviews, since I try to stay away from spoilers now until January 02.

Tropical Freeze got a few average scores due to being too hard where as Captain Toad seems like it could go the other way of being too easy so it may even out or just give CT an advantage over TF.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jariw

The reviews are up now at NintendoLife, IGN, Polygon, etc.

jariw

dumedum

Pahvi wrote:

you'll play through once and that's about it.

That should be solved by DLC.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

jariw

We should perhaps wait and see if the DLC is paid or free. There seems to be so much hinted towards an expansion, that it might be a free update. A free update (=added product value, meaning more people buying the full game without price cut) would probably make more money than a paid DLC in this case.

jariw

jariw

Pahvi wrote:

The reason I am mentioning them in here is that CT:TT, SM3DW and Galaxy 2 were developed by EAD Tokyo group 2. It's not about me being disappointed with the "low" scores, but more like pointing out that even this group can (and/or will?) produce games that aren't critical darlings.

Captain Toad wasn't produced in the same budget group as the Galaxies and SM3DW. FWIW, NES Remix was also produced by the Tokyo EADs, with an even smaller budget.

jariw

jariw

Pahvi wrote:

Do you mean the release price or how production budget?

Both, but mostly the production side. This is a spin-off. Miyamoto has indicated that there will be more such titles appearing in the future.

Pahvi wrote:

And I'm sure there are some people over at the sidelines shouting how good games have been made on shoestring budget... (I'm thinking of joining them.)

Or you can join the people shouting at bad games produced with loads of money and development time. Or just choose the games you think you'll like and enjoy them.

jariw

dumedum

Pahvi wrote:

but more like pointing out that even this group can (and/or will?) produce games that aren't critical darlings.

The game currently sits at 80 at metacritic. That's a very good score. For a "simple" short game like this even more so.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

WackoDaSniper

How is the game? Is it short but fun? Is it worth $40?

WackoDaSniper

jariw

WackoDaSniper wrote:

How is the game? Is it short but fun? Is it worth $40?

The game isn't out yet. You have to read a couple of reviews instead.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Akazury

On Gamexplain you can find loads of gameplay bits and stuff. The game has been out in Japan for a while

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

I wonder what amiibo will do in this game.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

luisesteban

This game is available for pre download?

luisesteban

sinalefa

It is not, I checked yesterday.

Keep in mind that it is just 2GB in size, so it will be a fast download.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.