Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 446

Grumblevolcano

I really like the looks of this game, sure I watched most of the GameXplain stream but I'll likely have forgotten most of it by the time I buy it. (Thanks Nintendo for releasing it AFTER Christmas)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LucinaSmash

"Hiratake and a small team worked up a tech demo of a diorama-like game starring Link"

I guess we can assume on what the amiibos will be use for. Captain Link anyone?

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Octane

LucinaSmash wrote:

"Hiratake and a small team worked up a tech demo of a diorama-like game starring Link"

I guess we can assume on what the amiibos will be use for. Captain Link anyone?

''Before Captain Toad ever made his debut in Super Mario 3D Land''

''and the team was allowed to incorporate the idea into Super Mario 3D Land as a minigame.''

Is it that difficult to double check your sources these days, or have someone else read your article first? Blatant mistakes like this really make you wonder if they even care about the articles they write.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Cengoku

Owning a Jap Wii u, I just downloaded it yesterday. Bought the code via the Amazon Japan website (10% sale, 3596 yens instead of 3996).
The game is really beautiful and (most important detail for me) relaxing. You take your time and I think it is a revolution of the puzzle game genre.
Pinokio (Toad) fits so well with all the stages.
The use of gamepad is well thought. I switch between my led tv and the gamepad when playing. There's no time count as mario games.

The only bad thing that I can add but it's personal: I own a led of 40" and some things can be little to view so, it would be ok if I had a 50". Weird I know..

I really recommend it. This charming game is made for adults, children, women..

Cengoku

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

There's also speculation that a new group in Nintendo EAD has been formed.

Yes, your posts seem to point in that direction. There were 100 developers of the Tokyo EAD working on 3D World, and they were increasing the developer count at the Tokyo EADs during 2013. And if 75 of them were on Captain Toad, the rest would be doing something else. Some of them were on the NES Remixes, but I don't think those titles took that much of the work force.

Btw, there was an article in EDGE in April 2014 about a new Mario game in the works, but it could easily be about (the then-unknown) Captain Toad game:
http://www.edge-online.com/news/potential-new-wii-u-mario-gam...

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

There's also speculation that a new group in Nintendo EAD has been formed.

Yes, your posts seem to point in that direction. There were 100 developers of the Tokyo EAD working on 3D World, and they were increasing the developer count at the Tokyo EADs during 2013. And if 75 of them were on Captain Toad, the rest would be doing something else. Some of them were on the NES Remixes, but I don't think those titles took that much of the work force.

Btw, there was an article in EDGE in April 2014 about a new Mario game in the works, but it could easily be about (the then-unknown) Captain Toad game:
http://www.edge-online.com/news/potential-new-wii-u-mario-gam...

But since it isn't produced by Koizumi, it makes little sense for him to talk about that game. I wouldn't be surprised if they're developing the next Mario game at the moment, whether it is for 3DS or Wii U.

Octane

Captain_Toad

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo says Toads are genderless and Toad and Toadette are not siblings.

Hayashida in an interview with GameSpot:
“This is maybe a little bit of a strange story, but we never really went out of our way to decide on the sex of these characters, even though they have somewhat gendered appearances. But I think what I can say is that Toadette and Toad are not siblings — perhaps it would be more accurate to say they are adventure pals. And that’s certainly true here [in Captain Toad].”

He also said that Toads are not mushrooms. When GameSpot mentioned the similarities, Hayashida teased, “This particular riddle might stay unsolved. That’s one of the great mysteries of the Mario universe.”

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-reveals-the-toads-g...

.....Everything I know is a lie....

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo says Toads are genderless and Toad and Toadette are not siblings.

Hayashida in an interview with GameSpot:
“This is maybe a little bit of a strange story, but we never really went out of our way to decide on the sex of these characters, even though they have somewhat gendered appearances. But I think what I can say is that Toadette and Toad are not siblings — perhaps it would be more accurate to say they are adventure pals. And that’s certainly true here [in Captain Toad].”

He also said that Toads are not mushrooms. When GameSpot mentioned the similarities, Hayashida teased, “This particular riddle might stay unsolved. That’s one of the great mysteries of the Mario universe.”

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-reveals-the-toads-g...

Untitled
I DON'T WHAT TO BELIEVE IN ANYMORE!

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Octane

Toad isn't a mushroom and isn't male. What's next? Mario's moustache isn't real?

Octane

jariw

According to a Gamespot playthrough video, it seems like the embargo is lifted on Dec 01 for CT:TT.

jariw

cameronbelmont

Wait...this game releases on December 5th in North America, correct?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

jariw

cameronbelmont wrote:

Wait...this game releases on December 5th in North America, correct?

Yes.

jariw

DefHalan

Got money already uploaded to my eShop account for this... so freaking excited

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jariw

I personally try to stay away from long gameplay clips and cut-scene clips to be able to enjoy the game more when it arrives, but I read a post on another forum that the end of Captain Toad indicates that the game is a prequel.

Since Captain Toad was announced to have more than 70 levels, and the Nintendo Direct showcase displayed exactly 70 levels, my guess is that there might be more levels when the Amiibo update arrives (as free and/or payed DLC).

jariw

jasonbra

Preordered it last night. Futureshop had a $10 off preorder for the game. So purchased for $34.99.

jasonbra

Volke93

jariw wrote:

According to a Gamespot playthrough video, it seems like the embargo is lifted on Dec 01 for CT:TT.

The more the embargo lifts before the release date, more is better. Four days before the release date is a good sign!

Volke93

Blast

Another Nintendo exclusive destined to get high scores and people saying how fun it is.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

rallydefault

SO excited for this one (and my girlfriend is, too)! I loved the Toad levels in 3D World, and now a whole game full of them... just awesome! Nintendo's getting a lot of my money this holiday season (still haven't purchased Bayonetta or Hyrule Warriors yet... ah!)

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

I will say, I would like to finally play 3D World (because of the Captain Toad levels, among other reasons) before playing this...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.