Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 221 to 240 of 446

Octane

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

So basically, getting a Samus amiibo (besides the fact that it looks cool) is kind of worthless, when I can just get a Mario amiibo and use it in every game ever? That doesn't make any sense. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the announced amiibo games are Mario related, so does that mean we should just buy the Mario ones? I don't think Nintendo will do that.

Not really...

''So for example, if you look at the Mario amiibo from the Smash Bros. line, it's the Smash Bros. Mario, which is a little bit different from the normal Mario. We'll probably prepare a more standard Mario family line of amiibo characters that includes your typical Mario designs and typical Peach designs. Those figures would be the ones you use with Mario Party 10 or potentially with Mario Kart 8.'' - Miyamoto

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-nintendo-on-am...

Edited on by Octane

Octane

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

All of this confusion over amiibo is just baffling, and we're fans and not just average consumers! Nintendo has quite a challenge ahead for marketing these things.

They need to do an Amiibo Direct. Go into detail about Amiibos and the games that support them. Tell us how we are going to be able to use Amiibo and how the games will use them. If I have to buy a different figure for each game then what is the point?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NinjaWaddleDee

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I doubt it's a coincidence that other Nintendo characters are in the upcoming Mario Kart DLC.

I'm assuming each Amiibo will have at least close to an equal amount of games they will be useful in. The only unfortunate thing about this is if your Amiibo works in that game you don't care about instead of the one you do. So basically I'm fine unless both Yoshi and Samus are only useable in Mario Party 10.

I would pay many moneys to have Samus in Mario Party 10 and Mario Kart 8. Especially Mario Kart.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

Yeeeeeaaah I'm not buying a new Mario figure for each new Mario game. Sorry Nintendo, but I would just rather buy your games, than buy a new figure every time. I think I'll stick with Smash Mario, because he looks epic. I don't care about any other Mario figure. (unless it's paper Mario lol.)

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

rockodoodle

I'm going to buy DK, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Fox and Bowser. Not all at once but eventually.

rockodoodle

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

I guess Wingo is the villain in this game?

There's also the dragon, which seem to appear in multiple levels. Based on the coverage I have seen, the levels appears linear in a "story book" which seems to be in a sort of "Arabian Nights" style (except from the train). And there's that "cliffhanger" image of Captain Toad walking on the dark path up to something. So there might be several villains in the story.

jariw

adamkop

Hmm it seems that Wingo will appear on multiple occasions, as Toadette eventually breaks free and it's stated that he will "for example" capture her. Looking at his cap and the ornamentations of the level he appears in, he might be tied to one "theme", the "persian/arabian".
I still can't get over the lighting and quality of the models in this game. It looks absolutely gorgeous and will most likely look unbelieably good on the tv screen.

adamkop

sinalefa

Funny thing, they changed the game genre to "Action" instead of "Puzzles" now. At least on that website.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

adamkop

NintyMan wrote:

@adamkop: Actually, Wingo is female. I didn't know that at first too. I believe she is the main antagonist because the dragon apparently befriends Captain Toad later in the game going by the side-scrolling levels and the fact that Wingo is fought more than once. Apparently she has some motive for stealing power stars and Toadette.

Oh yeah I forgot about that bit where Toad appears at the end of a trailer with the Dragon.
If Wingo appears more than once and kidnaps Toadette then perhaps you get to play some levels as her until you reunite with Toad (and get separated shortly after once again).
By the way, was there any confirmation on Toadette's different set of skills?

adamkop

Octane

Surprised to see nobody has mentioned this but..

Two new levels have been confirmed. One based on a tropical beach, and another based on a classic Wild West town run by blue Shy Guys:

Untitled
Untitled

Potted Piranha Plants are confirmed to return as an item, and Green Power Stars as well. Interesting, as they might indicate some sort of extra gameplay. Like the Green Power Stars did in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

More official images in the source below for anyone who's interested.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-art/

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Andyliini

It's something. This pretty musch confirms that Europe won't be getting a Limited Collector's Edition of this game. Maybe.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

jariw

A 40-minutes (!!!) analysis of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker by GameXplain. Although it's all based on the available marketing material, it does contain many spoilers.

jariw

Octane

I posted the following comment on the analysis video by GameXplain; it's just speculation though, but something noteworthy.

''I just noticed something else as well; The dragon has gold teeth. Dragons in European folklore are often portrayed guarding over large mountains of treasure and gold. Could it be that Wingo stole the dragon's treasure too, just like she stole the Power Star from Captain Toad? It might explain why Captain Toad and the dragon seem to be working together later on in the game.''

NintyMan wrote:

Europe gets to keep the sky background in the boxart.

Great! I prefer the sky background of the yellow one, so that's good news to me.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

A demo has been spotted at some Best Buy locations. It contains three levels; two standard ones and a boss level with the dragon.

http://nintendoeverything.com/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-d...

sounds like the E3 demo

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

aiat_gamer

Hmmm, no matter how hard I try I cant understand why is this a full on retail release...this could be a dlc for 3D world.

aiat_gamer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.