Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 446

JoeyTS

Octane wrote:

Imagamerboi wrote:

Is it just me or does this game actually look better than SM3DW?

I'm not sure if the textures themselves are different, but the free camera in Capt. Toad allows you to zoom in and appreciate the small details even more.

it's probably the fact that I haven't played Super Mario 3d World in forever so..

Edited on by JoeyTS

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

Inkling

I also love the little bench!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

CaPPa

This looks great. The minecart section reminded me of Pokemon Snap.

CaPPa

Inkling

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Boxart comparison
Japan gets new Super Mario 3D World-style plushies for Captain Toad.
Untitled
Untitled

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I AM THROWING IT AT THE SCREEN!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Octane

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Boxart comparison

I prefered the cloud background over the yellow background, but I like the new additions of characters on the box art.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

baba_944

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Boxart comparison
Untitled
Untitled

Even though I prefer the could background, I can see why they chose the yellow background; it fit's the theme of the game: treasure.

Who are you?

Dpishere

I have to say that I prefer the yellow box art one over the other since for some reason the yellow appeals to me more than the cloud design of the other one!

Super Mario Maker 2 Levels:

A Frolic through the Forest
M5T-48G-5XF

The Trials of the Haunted House
4VR-6KC-Q1G

Platforming Peril
LCS-S3G-XQG

3DS Friend Code: 2251-6206-1680 | Nintendo Network ID: Dpishere

Akazury

I find the yellow way to busy, the cloud one tines it down a bit. Makes kt feel more relaxing

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

I wonder what the Amiibo support will be for this game?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

Who knows how amiibo will work in this game? We probably won't know until much later this year or even early next year at this rate, because the game doesn't come with amiibo support right away, probably because of Japan getting the game so early and weeks before Smash Bros. Wii U's release and amiibos in general.

Since CT:TT only will work with some Amiibos, it seems likely they will publish info at least about which ones before the Amiibo release day (even if CC:TT get the Amiibo update later). After all, the Amiibo functionality for SSB U has been known since E3. It seems like Nintendo currently is on a one-major-piece-of-news-each-day schedule (today was Bayo 2 reviews publishing day), so perhaps the upcoming weeks will provide some more info.

jariw

DefHalan

jariw wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Who knows how amiibo will work in this game? We probably won't know until much later this year or even early next year at this rate, because the game doesn't come with amiibo support right away, probably because of Japan getting the game so early and weeks before Smash Bros. Wii U's release and amiibos in general.

Since CT:TT only will work with some Amiibos, it seems likely they will publish info at least about which ones before the Amiibo release day (even if CC:TT get the Amiibo update later). After all, the Amiibo functionality for SSB U has been known since E3. It seems like Nintendo currently is on a one-major-piece-of-news-each-day schedule (today was Bayo 2 reviews publishing day), so perhaps the upcoming weeks will provide some more info.

Was it said anywhere that Captain Toad will only work with some Amiibos, not all?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GameInfinite

baba_944 wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Untitled
Boxart comparison
Untitled
Untitled

Even though I prefer the could background, I can see why they chose the yellow background; it fit's the theme of the game: treasure.

The yellow background boxart reminds me of New Super Mario Bros. 2's boxart so much.

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

sinalefa

I also prefer the cloudy box. It is similar to the levels themselves, like a diorama, and Toad is escaping from the dragon instead of facing him. The only downside to me is the lack of Toadette, but that can be easily fixed.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

"Select" definitely means that only some amiibos will be usable, which shouldn't be surprising. Were any of you guys really expecting to use a Wii Fit Trainer amiibo?

I expect the majority of them will be Mario characters.

Since Reggie has said that Amiibos will not be used to unlock things (as in DI and Skylanders), I don't expect or assume anything until functionality has been announced. The only game that's clearly outside the Mario universe (and has Amiibo support) is SSB, although MK8 stretches a bit outside those characters as well. If Wii Fit Trainer/Fox/Samus/etc will only work in SSB, the Amiibo concept seems a bit strange to me.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

DefHalan

I don't see the reason of creating this line of Amiibo figures if not all figures work on all Amiibo supported games. Figures lose their value when I can only use them for a single game. At least with DI and Skylanders the ext in the series will support the figures, but with Amiibo and how Nintendo doesn't do yearly installments of their games (for the most part) if some Amiibos aren't going to be supported in the future then what is the point?

EDIT: I understand a game not working with figures that are made after its release but what would be the point in buying a Duck Hunt Dog figure if it only works in Smash 4? It is that kind of use that I am confused on. The reason for the text of "select" would posibly to cover them from having to support future Amiibo figures. Maybe Captain Toad will only work with launch Amiibo figures (which would make sense)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NinjaWaddleDee

So basically, getting a Samus amiibo (besides the fact that it looks cool) is kind of worthless, when I can just get a Mario amiibo and use it in every game ever? That doesn't make any sense. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the announced amiibo games are Mario related, so does that mean we should just buy the Mario ones? I don't think Nintendo will do that.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

kkslider5552000

I doubt it's a coincidence that other Nintendo characters are in the upcoming Mario Kart DLC.

I'm assuming each Amiibo will have at least close to an equal amount of games they will be useful in. The only unfortunate thing about this is if your Amiibo works in that game you don't care about instead of the one you do. So basically I'm fine unless both Yoshi and Samus are only useable in Mario Party 10.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

My guess is that some games will support all the Amiibos like maybe a future Animal Crossing or the Mario Party game. Some games will support the ones that make sense like, for example, Smash Bros not supporting Toad figures and Mario Kart not supporting Wii Fit trainer. Then ontop of that I assume that getting the Smash Bros one will do more in Smash Bros than it will in Mario Kart even if Mario Kart supports that character. Maybe the Smash Bros Mario will let you store a custom Mario and train them up while the Mario Kart Mario lets you train them up without the customisation.

That's how I understood it anyways....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.