Wii U Forum

Topic: Can we say now Nintendo Land was a good launch title?

Showing 41 to 60 of 116

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sanasa

41. Posted:

nintendo land is great. i just wish there was online play as well. although the games wouldn't be so fun.

sanasa

3DS Friend Code: 1547-6552-4827 | Nintendo Network ID: sanasa | Twitter: Andonismoushis

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

42. Posted:

AlphaIchimoru wrote:

@Bankai I was not throwing a tantrum, I was just stating that they should have supported their answer.

And others were saying you shouldn't be a douche to others and their opinions.

No is an opinion that has as much value and kksliders or Cactus'.

Edited on by Aviator

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MetalMario

43. Posted:

I enjoy playing it. Really fun with friends, as well.

Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlatantlyHeroic

44. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

AlphaIchimoru wrote:

@Bankai I was not throwing a tantrum, I was just stating that they should have supported their answer.

And others were saying you shouldn't be a douche to others and their opinions.

No is an opinion that has as much value and kksliders or Cactus'.

I was just saying that they should give a reason for their opinion.
You could have used something a little more classy, such as jerk.

Edited on by BlatantlyHeroic

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

45. Posted:

AlphaIchimoru wrote:

Bankai wrote:

AlphaIchimoru wrote:

SteveW wrote:

No

All you say is no? You don't support your statement with facts of any kind? Then your opinion is now false and rejected. A post without reason deserves feedback without reason.

Anyone who thinks that an opinion about a game can be supported by facts is a person who has an opinion that is false. Opinions about the quality of something as subjective as art/ entertainment can be supported by interpretations, not facts.

If they don't have a reason, then why do they have an opinion?
Edit: Also, interpretations can include facts. Let's say someone plays a really glitchy game, is it not a fact that the game is glitchy if it glitches on multiple occasions?

It's not a fact, because people have different standards. If someone played a lot of glitchy games all the time, he might think that the glitchy game you spoke of is pretty normal.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

46. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

It's quite possibly my favorite game of 2012.
If only the NintendoLife community (including myself) didn't dock it to no end following E3 2012. However, it could have been showcased a lot differently.

Well to be fair this is all we had to go on:

..........
and now we know it as this:

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link-Hero

47. Posted:

Guys, get back on topic or this thread is going to get locked.:|

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

48. Posted:

Yes, yes we can.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

49. Posted:

I agree with Alpha in the way that you should at least have a reason as simple as "The gameplay sucks." Saying just "Yes" or "No" is less substantial to people who read it.

For food, you can say "it tastes bad" but that's a bit different. How so? Well... I can't say, but there definitely is a difference.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wonder_Ideal

50. Posted:

@Emaan - To answer your original question, I think that Nintendo Land was an excellent launch game to show-off the Wii U. It contained pleasing visuals, and a variety of attractions. Some attractions are simple yet addictive and fun (Mario Chase, Sweet Day, Ghost Mansion) while other ones are more complex and surprisingly deep (Battle Quest, Pikmin Adventure, Metroid Blast). The later levels and stamps often require a good amount of skill to beat and earn as well. The attractions also provide a show case for many of the GamePad's capabilities and yet don't feel gimmicky. To sum up, I enjoyed Ninty Land.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

51. Posted:

@Somepeople, by all means. Feel free to make a thread in General Discussion to rant about the importance of clarifying ones's opinion. :p

I agree @Ideal_Hero, with everything you pretty much said. I love how in depth each attraction is. It really outdoes its slapped on label of being a typical mini-game compiliation.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

52. Posted:

The topic was asking a "yes or no" type question. So the users that say "no" are contributing to the topic appropriately.

If someone plainly said yes, I guarantee no one would be making this big of a deal of that.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

53. Posted:

@Ideal_Hero - Well said as always, my man.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wonder_Ideal

54. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I agree @Ideal_Hero, with everything you pretty much said. I love how in depth each attraction is. It really outdoes its slapped on label of being a typical mini-game compiliation.

I know! :D Many of the games were so much deeper and better than I expected. My overall favorite attraction may be Pikmin Adventure.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

55. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

If someone plainly said yes, I guarantee no one would be making this big of a deal of that.

If someone asks for an opinion on their work, and the only two responses are "I loved it" and "I hated it" who are you going to ask first for more feedback?

Yes, I realize this is different.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LinktotheFuture

56. Posted:

I think Nintendo Land is a good launch title, but not up there with Super Mario Bros. or Wii Sports.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

57. Posted:

nintyland is a party game, and should be used for nothing but that.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlatantlyHeroic

58. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

nintyland is a party game, and should be used for nothing but that.

So that means no one is allowed to play the single player games?

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

59. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

CactusJackson wrote:

If someone plainly said yes, I guarantee no one would be making this big of a deal of that.

If someone asks for an opinion on their work, and the only two responses are "I loved it" and "I hated it" who are you going to ask first for more feedback?

Yes, I realize this is different.

The one I relate to. I have no problem with different opinions.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

60. Posted:

^Either you're freaking lying or plainly ignoring the idea of improvement.

You can ask both, but if you can only ask one, I'm pretty sure anyone would ask the one who didn't like the game, so they can improve on their work. All you'll get from the first person is assurance of quality, whereas the second person can tell you what's wrong with what you did and how to improve it.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.