Forums

Topic: Call of Duty Ghosts DLC

Posts 21 to 40 of 77

Hy8ogen

So far people are speculating that the DLC is not coming to the Wii U. However there is no official statement from Activision that the DLC is not coming....so I still have my hopes up......

And yeah, I don't really give a crap about the add on in multiplayer, all I want is extinction.....

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

@DudeSean
Telling consumers that a certain amount of product needs to be sold in order for further support to happen, isn't what they said either, and nor should they say that.

They decided to withdraw the DLC, after the fact that people had already bought the game and thought that DLC was inbound. Making that camo pack DLC was strictly a move to avoid false advertisement.

Again, releasing DLC when there aren't enough players online would have made the online unplayable. Do you really think it would be worth it to add DLC if it meant making the online unplayable? How would people feel if they paid for DLC content and then when they go to play it they can barely find anyone to play with?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

@DudeSean
That's a pretty good point. It kind of shows just how out of hand DLC has gotten, though. People want DLC, and making it available would fracture the online community, but not providing it makes people feel like Activision won't fully support their game. In this case,

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DudeSean

And that's why Activision doesn't say one way or the other as to whether or not Wii U will get DLC. They don't want to promise something and then not deliver nor do they want to not give us DLC.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

DudeSean wrote:

And that's why Activision doesn't say one way or the other as to whether or not Wii U will get DLC. They don't want to promise something and then not deliver nor do they want to not give us DLC.

They can't leave people on a limb like that. That's why people who bought the game thought that DLC was going to happen.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DudeSean

What choice do they have, scar? I guess they could just be honest and say, "We'll only give you DLC if you guys buy enough copies of our game." But then it sounds like a threat, like, "If we don't have enough sales then we'll withhold your DLC." It's a lose-lose situation.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

@DudeSean
They should have just told us that there wouldn't be DLC. Now Black Ops II doesn't have DLC on Wii U, even though the box said it will.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

@DudeSean
They should have just told us that there wouldn't be DLC. Now Black Ops II doesn't have DLC on Wii U, even though the box said it will.

The box said it supports it, same as it supports Classic Controller Pro. It's not mandatory, but it supports it.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

That's a different situation, entirely. That support matters, if you are using a CC. CC support doesn't directly rely on Activision personally handing you a CC to play their game. Telling people that your game supports DLC, means that your game will have DLC, otherwise you wouldn't say that it supports it at all.

That's why I'm saying that they should have just told us that DLC wouldn't happen, if they weren't for sure going to support the game with DLC.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

Where is this "Supports DLC" thing? I don't have a Call of Duty case but my Adventure Time doesn't say it anywhere. Is it a Nintendo thing like the Controllers or was it a Activision thing?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

Telling people that your game supports DLC, means that your game will have DLC, otherwise you wouldn't say that it supports it at all.

That's why I'm saying that they should have just told us that DLC wouldn't happen, if they weren't for sure going to support the game with DLC.

I'm sorry, scar, but you're wrong. Telling people that the game supports DLC means just that, that the game supports DLC. If saying that the game supported DLC meant that the game is getting DLC, then saying that the game supports the classic controller would mean that the developers are going to give you a classic controller.

The reason they didn't tell us that DLC wasn't going to happen was because DLC was an option. But, since the game didn't sell enough, releasing the DLC would BREAK the game. It would make online unplayable. That's the bottom line here.

Honestly, at this point, I don't know what else to tell you. You have all the information. I understand you want to be right and you want Activision to be the bad guy here but your wants do not determine facts.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

@DefHalen
It says by the Nintendo Network logo.

Well that is why it isn't on the Adventure Time case... it doesn't have the Nintendo Network stuff

EDIT: Also does it say DLC or does it say Add-On Content? If it says Add-On Content they could get away by saying the released patches

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@DudeSean
I'm not wrong, though. If your game isn't going to get DLC, you DO NOT say it will. It's simple.

@Mickey gave a legitimate explaination in the other thread.

I'm not saying Activision is the bad guy, but that doesn't mean that they effed up. If supporting the Wii U version of CoD relied that much on sales, which wasn't a for sure thing, they shouldn't have put that on the box, or lead people on to believe that it would get DLC.

Apparently, they should start putting that games support performance patches on the box, too, because then that means that they can patch the game, but it's not required(sarcasm).

"This game supports software patches". Really, now? I guess when they fail to patch their game, I'll know by reading that it supports patches. Afterall, saying that their game supports software patches, doesn't mean that it's required, right?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DudeSean

SCAR392 wrote:

@DudeSean
I'm not wrong, though. If your game isn't going to get DLC, you DO NOT say it will. It's simple.

It's not simple. They can't just say, "We promise to release DLC." Because then if there's not enough players online then DLC would make the online unplayable. They also can't say, "We're not going to release DLC," if there's a chance that they will if there are enough players online.

Supporting something and having something are two different things whether you like it or not. My table supports flower vases, but I don't have any flower vases. The table company showed a picture in the catalog of the table with a flower vase on it. Is that table company responsible for me having a flower vase on my table?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

@DudeSean
The chance that there won't be DLC, is enough reason to exclude that it supports it.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DudeSean

Well, that's your opinion, not a fact.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Jazzer94

DudeSean wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@DudeSean
I'm not wrong, though. If your game isn't going to get DLC, you DO NOT say it will. It's simple.

It's not simple. They can't just say, "We promise to release DLC." Because then if there's not enough players online then DLC would make the online unplayable. They also can't say, "We're not going to release DLC," if there's a chance that they will if there are enough players online.

Supporting something and having something are two different things whether you like it or not. My table supports flower vases, but I don't have any flower vases. The table company showed a picture in the catalog of the table with a flower vase on it. Is that table company responsible for me having a flower vase on my table?

You don't put this game supports dlc on the back of a game box then never actually release the dlc, thats false advertisement and is quite frankly b******t and is deceiving everyone who buys the game.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

Downloadable content can mean a lot, technically a patch is DLC. I have seen that happen. Plus didn't SCAR say they had some Gun Skin out for awhile or something? That would also make it not false advertising.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

Downloadable content can mean a lot, technically a patch is DLC. I have seen that happen. Plus didn't SCAR say they had some Gun Skin out for awhile or something? That would also make it not false advertising.

They had camo DLC for like a week, or something.

As it stands now, DLC isn't supported, but the box says it clear as day.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic