Forums

Topic: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Posts 21 to 40 of 142

uptownsoul

How exactly do you play an online multiplayer, FPS, squad based game without a headset, effectively?

uptownsoul

kkslider5552000

uptownsoul wrote:

How exactly do you play an online multiplayer, FPS, squad based game without a headset, effectively?

better game design

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

How exactly do you play an online multiplayer, FPS, squad based game without a headset, effectively?

better game design

Ya. They showed the CPU controlled characters communicating with each other via AI.
One of your squad members will communicate with you(i.e. 'Their coming from the left!', 'Grenade!') depending on the situation.

When you reload in almost every game, your character will shout out to cover them.

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

mii-gamer

wasn't impressed - i will still buy it though

I am doing a free give away for my website. See inside for details :P

kkslider5552000

SCAR392 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

How exactly do you play an online multiplayer, FPS, squad based game without a headset, effectively?

better game design

Ya. They showed the CPU controlled characters communicating with each other via AI.
One of your squad members will communicate with you(i.e. 'Their coming from the left!', 'Grenade!') depending on the situation.

When you reload in almost every game, your character will shout out to cover them.

Oh I was joking that this game didn't have good enough game design for this because I don't care enough to look at the videos. But they are so this is awkward?!

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

uptownsoul wrote:

How exactly do you play an online multiplayer, FPS, squad based game without a headset, effectively?

better game design

Ya. They showed the CPU controlled characters communicating with each other via AI.
One of your squad members will communicate with you(i.e. 'Their coming from the left!', 'Grenade!') depending on the situation.

When you reload in almost every game, your character will shout out to cover them.

Oh I was joking that this game didn't have good enough game design for this because I don't care enough to look at the videos. But they are so this is awkward?!

It's all good. They just enhanced/upgraded the AI to recognize more specific situations so that they seem like they're actual players.

If an enemy is coming through a window, the AI can recognize that and tell you more specifically what's going on. That's why they emphasised that you can enjoy playing solo with your squad.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Nintendo Network ID: Children

DudeSean

Undead_terror wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Even if the multiplayer looks neat with destructible environments I won't get it, won't have zombies and it will have your average cod players...

Well, there's a false statement, because your average Call of Duty player either plays on playstation or xbox.

They are going to be everywhere, it is something you are going to have to deal with.

To take the word "average" literally, the literal average number of players will be playing on xbox and playstation. And what do you mean, "have to deal with?" I am a Call of Duty player, so I'm probably one of those people that you're referring to that I would have to deal with.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

rallydefault

@DudeSean

I consider myself a CoD player, and I'm a decent and respectful human being. We are out there. It's just easier for the masses to stereotype and judge a portion of the playerbase rather than acknowledge that any large group will have wide variances. Mob mentality and all that.

rallydefault

rallydefault

Anyways, I'm actually pretty excited for the new CoD! It really may be the deciding factor for if I purchase an Xbone or PS4, as the CoD communities on Wii U and PC are a bit anemic.

rallydefault

Azooooz

You can now pre-order Wii U version of Call of Duty: Ghosts from the official website along with Free Fall DLC:
http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/wheretobuy

Edited on by Azooooz

"Knowing your enemy is the key to victory" Snake - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

"Knowing your stomach is the key to end hunger" Azooooz - Nintendo Life

Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Ecto-1

Azooooz wrote:

You can now pre-order Wii U version of Call of Duty: Ghosts from the official website along with Free Fall DLC:
http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/wheretobuy

I have my doubts that Ghosts will recieve the preorder map. On the page about the Free Fall map, there is an FAQ section which contains the following:

"5. Will Free Fall be available on current gen and next gen platforms?

A. Yes, it is a multiplatform pre-order program. The Free Fall downloadable bonus map will be available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4 and PC."

No mention of it being on Wii U. Also, on the preorder page, in the fine print it says "Season Pass and DLC content may not be available on all platforms or in all territories."

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

DefHalan

Ecto-1 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

You can now pre-order Wii U version of Call of Duty: Ghosts from the official website along with Free Fall DLC:
http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/wheretobuy

I have my doubts that Ghosts will recieve the preorder map. On the page about the Free Fall map, there is an FAQ section which contains the following:

"5. Will Free Fall be available on current gen and next gen platforms?

A. Yes, it is a multiplatform pre-order program. The Free Fall downloadable bonus map will be available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4 and PC."

No mention of it being on Wii U. Also, on the preorder page, in the fine print it says "Season Pass and DLC content may not be available on all platforms or in all territories."

Well they still show a picture of Free Fall with the Wii U box so my guess would be at least that is coming to Wii U

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DudeSean

DefHalan wrote:

Well they still show a picture of Free Fall with the Wii U box so my guess would be at least that is coming to Wii U

That doesn't mean anything. Black Ops for Wii got an update so you could choose which map to play zombies in, but there were never any new maps to download or choose from. They have always been very misleading. Always making it seems like the Nintendo version MIGHT get DLC, but then it never happens. I expect the same thing to happen this time around. I just hope the game is good without DLC. It'll probably get old after a few months (for me). DLC would really help me keep playing the Call of Duty games. But time and time again... it never happens.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DefHalan

DudeSean wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Well they still show a picture of Free Fall with the Wii U box so my guess would be at least that is coming to Wii U

That doesn't mean anything. Black Ops for Wii got an update so you could choose which map to play zombies in, but there were never any new maps to download or choose from. They have always been very misleading. Always making it seems like the Nintendo version MIGHT get DLC, but then it never happens. I expect the same thing to happen this time around. I just hope the game is good without DLC. It'll probably get old after a few months (for me). DLC would really help me keep playing the Call of Duty games. But time and time again... it never happens.

But they never advertised the Wii or Wii U version with DLC before. This time they are advertising the Wii U version with the Free Fall DLC

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DudeSean

They said Black Ops 2 would get all the same features as the xbox 360 and playstation 3 versions. Or do you not count DLC as a feature?

I just went to the website. I see what you mean. But still, I'm not getting my hopes up for DLC and quite honestly I'd be pretty upset if there were DLC. For years I have wanted to play Call of Duty's Zombies mode on a Nintendo system. Then, the Wii gets it, but only one map. Then the Wii U gets it, but again, only one map (three if you count one map as three). I have very, very much wanted to get DLC for a Call of Duty game with Zombies. So if the first Call of Duty game to get DLC on a Nintendo system doesn't have Zombies, honestly that upsets me. ...But, I guess that's cool...

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DefHalan

DudeSean wrote:

They said Black Ops 2 would get all the same features as the xbox 360 and playstation 3 versions. Or do you not count DLC as a feature?

DLC doesn't count because they never advertised the Wii U version to have the DLC.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic