Wii U Forum

Topic: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Showing 141 to 143 of 143

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

141. Posted:

bail wrote:

i've never seen more than 2200 people online.
so guessing some people only play singleplayer and not everybody is online at the same time, this game cannot have sold more than 5000-8000 copies worldwide???

People playing campaign is probably part of it. I know Black Ops II for Wii U sits around 20,000 copies sold. Since these games are ports on a new system with a lower install base, that's still a reasonable ammount of sales.

It won't sell as well as the Xbox 360 and PS3 version. That's a given, but they haven't necessarily been deemed "failures", yet. As far as I know, COD: Black Ops II didn't lose any money for Activision at all.

Or even look at Sonic Racing on Wii U. I read that it did best on the Wii U, considering the circumstances.
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/02/sonic-racing-sales-stats/

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

142. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

rockybalboa wrote:

Pichuka97 wrote:

So compared to the 360, how does this version fare? I really want to know so I can decide which version to get.

It's better looking. Free online. That's about it

No offense, but there's a bit more to it than that. I can't say much about how the visuals compare to the other consoles (even though it is quite pretty), but what I do know is:

• Off TV play with the GamePad
  • Dual screen multiplayer offline and online
  • Wii Remote and Nunchuck support, as well as GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, and Classic Contoller
  • Full multiplayer experience (minus the Clans feature), Squads Mode, and Extinction
  • Miiverse community
  • No word on DLC yet, but it's always possible

Also, the community has grown leaps and bounds since launch. It's nowhere near as big as other systems' communities, but it's promising. However, if all of your friends have it on 360, you'd probably be better off getting it on there. Especially if few to none of the Wii U exclusive features interest you.

Yea, for games like CoD it really comes down to what system your friends play on. I have Ghosts for the 360 because that's where my friends play; it's as simple as that. It's nice that the 360 has about 300,000 players online at any given time, but that really doesn't matter too much because you're only ever playing with about a dozen of that at once lol. As long as you can get a match in the game type you want, I see no problem with numbers of people playing. Long-term support and DLC does make a huge difference, though. I hope you Wii U guys get decent treatment when it comes to that stuff.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

143. Posted:

Ok, so after spending quite a bit more time with Ghosts, I've noticed that the noises coming from the system are fairly significant. The Wii U is pretty much constantly accessing the disc, and it worries me a bit. My Wii's disc drive gave up on me a total of 3 times. Once for Smash Bros. Brawl (which happened to a lot of people), another time after playing Black Ops on it for a few months, and again after playing Modern Warfare 3 on it for a few months. I can't be certain that Call of Duty was the definite cause for the last two, or if it was just overuse in general. Either way, this has me thinking about what Ghosts may or may not be doing to my Wii U's disc drive. Whether my worries are real or just me overthinking, I don't want this thing to quit on me. Anyone have any input?

Beep.
That is all.
3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985
Nintendo Network ID: Same as my NL username