Forums

Topic: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Posts 121 to 139 of 139

SofaKing

My sister is a huge COD fan and she came over to play it on my Wii U and this game ALONE convinced her to get a Wii U. And guess what.... She owns a PS3 and Xbox 360! I've played this game on a 360 and the lighting it more vibrant and clear on the Wii U.

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

Phatosaurus

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Is it true that the online competition is a lot weaker on the Wii-U? I remember last year someone saying that if you were just an average COD player on 360, if you played on the Wii-U you were going to be even better because the challengers were lacking. Was this/is this true?

Probably true. All the MLG pr0s are on the 360. It used to be like that on PSN too.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

ACK

@SofaKing: The dual screen functions are no doubt a godsend for anyone with real life friends, or even rarer, gamer significant others. Yes, they do exist.

Local co-op Extinction is never-ending fun. My wife and I will enjoy it for months after the kids' bedtimes, it's true. Squads recalling Perfect Dark's bot-customization is a huge boon to old school warring against bots on the couch. And, most importantly, having separate screens makes local deathmatch a thing again. Snipe wars, all day? Uh huh.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

SofaKing

ACK wrote:

@SofaKing: The dual screen functions are no doubt a godsend for anyone with real life friends, or even rarer, gamer significant others. Yes, they do exist.

Local co-op Extinction is never-ending fun. My wife and I will enjoy it for months after the kids' bedtimes, it's true. Squads recalling Perfect Dark's bot-customization is a huge boon to old school warring against bots on the couch. And, most importantly, having separate screens makes local deathmatch a thing again. Snipe wars, all day? Uh huh.

It would be nice if we could thumbs up a comment. I'd thumbs up this! My wife and I played a few games this way already and its nice not having to pick a seat on the couch on the side of the screen your playing on lol.

Edited on by SofaKing

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

rallydefault

Guys, is it available on the eShop?

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

rallydefault wrote:

Guys, is it available on the eShop?

Nope. Disc only.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MegaStoneSmash91

Got this the other day and enjoying it so far. Campaign is great from what I've played of it, with plenty of diversity in activities. Extinction is quite fun and reminds me of Zombies somewhat, which I like. Haven't played it outside of solo yet, but I'm planning on getting some more experince first. I like how they included the ability to play with Bots once again, now with a full fledged online mode and everything. It even looks like they brought the Survival mode back from Modern Warfare 3. Multiplayer sadly hasn't been too kind to me, with over twice as many deaths as kills in pretty much every match. I played Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 on Wii, so it's not because I have no experience with the series. I'll need to get used to the maps and everything before I start doing any better, I think. Also, everything is pretty polished, from the amount of options and settings to the balance of Multiplayer. Pretty solid experience we got here.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pichuka97

So compared to the 360, how does this version fare? I really want to know so I can decide which version to get.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

bail

unless you want to use the wiimote for playing, there is no reason to get this game on wii u.

Gaming Appreciation.

Cyberbotv2

When anyone mentions comparisons to Perfect Dark, you have my attention. When it arrives on eshop, I may get it.

Cyberbotv2

SCRAPPER392

Cyberbotv2 wrote:

When anyone mentions comparisons to Perfect Dark, you have my attention. When it arrives on eshop, I may get it.

That may not happen. It looks to be the same deal that happened with Black Ops II, which means they'll always be restricted to a disc version.

@NorthLightSuplx
I couldn't find a "blood off" option.

Qwest

rockybalboa

Pichuka97 wrote:

So compared to the 360, how does this version fare? I really want to know so I can decide which version to get.

It's better looking. Free online. That's about it

rockybalboa

MegaStoneSmash91

rockybalboa wrote:

Pichuka97 wrote:

No offense, but there's a bit more to it than that. I can't say much about how the visuals compare to the other consoles (even though it is quite pretty), but what I do know is:

• Off TV play with the GamePad
  • Dual screen multiplayer offline and online
  • Wii Remote and Nunchuck support, as well as GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, and Classic Contoller
  • Full multiplayer experience (minus the Clans feature), Squads Mode, and Extinction
  • Miiverse community
  • No word on DLC yet, but it's always possible

Also, the community has grown leaps and bounds since launch. It's nowhere near as big as other systems' communities, but it's promising. However, if all of your friends have it on 360, you'd probably be better off getting it on there. Especially if few to none of the Wii U exclusive features interest you.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DudeSean

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Also, the community has grown leaps and bounds since launch.

Really? Because I got the game on day 1 and it still seems to be around the 1,200 number. I think I saw it over 2,000 yesterday, but by last night it was down to 1,200 again, which is about where it was on launch day. So I'm not sure how that counts as leaps and bounds...

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

I saw the online player count at around 2,700 the other day. It's usually around 2,000 whenever I go one. I'm sure there's more peoole with the game than what the online count says, though.

There's no way for everyone that owns the game to be online all at once, considering the time of day in other parts of the world. It's not like you'll have any problems finding a team death match. I had some trouble finding people for extinction though.

More people just need to buy the game instead of blaming Nintendo or Activision. That's all I got to say.

Qwest

bail

i've never seen more than 2200 people online.
so guessing some people only play singleplayer and not everybody is online at the same time, this game cannot have sold more than 5000-8000 copies worldwide???

Gaming Appreciation.

SCRAPPER392

bail wrote:

i've never seen more than 2200 people online.
so guessing some people only play singleplayer and not everybody is online at the same time, this game cannot have sold more than 5000-8000 copies worldwide???

People playing campaign is probably part of it. I know Black Ops II for Wii U sits around 20,000 copies sold. Since these games are ports on a new system with a lower install base, that's still a reasonable ammount of sales.

It won't sell as well as the Xbox 360 and PS3 version. That's a given, but they haven't necessarily been deemed "failures", yet. As far as I know, COD: Black Ops II didn't lose any money for Activision at all.

Or even look at Sonic Racing on Wii U. I read that it did best on the Wii U, considering the circumstances.
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/02/sonic-racing-sales-stats/

Qwest

rallydefault

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

rockybalboa wrote:

Pichuka97 wrote:

No offense, but there's a bit more to it than that. I can't say much about how the visuals compare to the other consoles (even though it is quite pretty), but what I do know is:

• Off TV play with the GamePad
  • Dual screen multiplayer offline and online
  • Wii Remote and Nunchuck support, as well as GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, and Classic Contoller
  • Full multiplayer experience (minus the Clans feature), Squads Mode, and Extinction
  • Miiverse community
  • No word on DLC yet, but it's always possible

Also, the community has grown leaps and bounds since launch. It's nowhere near as big as other systems' communities, but it's promising. However, if all of your friends have it on 360, you'd probably be better off getting it on there. Especially if few to none of the Wii U exclusive features interest you.

Yea, for games like CoD it really comes down to what system your friends play on. I have Ghosts for the 360 because that's where my friends play; it's as simple as that. It's nice that the 360 has about 300,000 players online at any given time, but that really doesn't matter too much because you're only ever playing with about a dozen of that at once lol. As long as you can get a match in the game type you want, I see no problem with numbers of people playing. Long-term support and DLC does make a huge difference, though. I hope you Wii U guys get decent treatment when it comes to that stuff.

rallydefault

MegaStoneSmash91

Ok, so after spending quite a bit more time with Ghosts, I've noticed that the noises coming from the system are fairly significant. The Wii U is pretty much constantly accessing the disc, and it worries me a bit. My Wii's disc drive gave up on me a total of 3 times. Once for Smash Bros. Brawl (which happened to a lot of people), another time after playing Black Ops on it for a few months, and again after playing Modern Warfare 3 on it for a few months. I can't be certain that Call of Duty was the definite cause for the last two, or if it was just overuse in general. Either way, this has me thinking about what Ghosts may or may not be doing to my Wii U's disc drive. Whether my worries are real or just me overthinking, I don't want this thing to quit on me. Anyone have any input?

Beep.
That is all.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.