Forums

Topic: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Posts 101 to 120 of 139

Supermarioman

I wish my friends owned Wii U's because I would love to be able to enjoy CoD fully on the system. Instead they all have to be Sony or Microsoft people, so I'd be missing out on a pretty big chunk of why I even play CoD if I was to get it on Wii U. I love playing with friends, and no DLC was a the nail if the coffin for me with BLOPS II on Wii U last year because I was big into zombies with a group of friends.

Regardless how is everyone enjoying Ghosts on Wii U? Or even in general on any console people are playing it on? Also has anyone tried out the Extinction Mode yet? Certainly seems like an interesting mode in theory, but I haven't seen a whole lot about it.

Supermarioman

SofaKing

On the back of CoD:Ghost, its labeled to get DLC. To the extent of PS3/4 or X360/One? Who knows yet but we can expect some DLC in the future.

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

shingi_70

bail wrote:

i have to say the graphics look pretty dated. i was hoping for more...

well this is a seven year old engine something had to give man. I think next year will be the big revamp of the series by treyarch. I'm personally hoping someone makes a World War II game for 8th gen consoles.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

SofaKing wrote:

On the back of CoD:Ghost, its labeled to get DLC. To the extent of PS3/4 or X360/One? Who knows yet but we can expect some DLC in the future.

They did the same thing for Black Ops II. All that game ended up getting was a skin pack, I think. I honestly thought Activision wouldn't have let their CoD BO II on Wii U die, but it kinda did. I quit going on there, because of no DLC.

It's a shame, too. It was my first CoD game, because I really wanted to enjoy my Wii U by having basically any game on it. That's why I bought ZombiU on day one(RedSteel for Wii), as well. It's pretty apparent that not everybody had thought about the Wii U launch like I did...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

dumedum

Yet another game that has no reviews on metacritic (Wii U version). Nintendo Life will review it together with Arkham Origins, ACIV, and Marvel Super Heroes sometime in 2015.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

SofaKing wrote:

They did the same thing for Black Ops II. All that game ended up getting was a skin pack, I think. I honestly thought Activision wouldn't have let their CoD BO II on Wii U die, but it kinda did. I quit going on there, because of no DLC.

It's a shame, too. It was my first CoD game, because I really wanted to enjoy my Wii U by having basically any game on it. That's why I bought ZombiU on day one(RedSteel for Wii), as well. It's pretty apparent that not everybody had thought about the Wii U launch like I did...

I think Black Ops II suffered from being a launch game and they weren't the only ones with problems with the Nintendo Network at the time. It should be fixed this time around. Other than a season pass we don't know what any of the DLC for ghosts will be this year.

Been without a real shooter for a while no i'll probably pick this up for my 360 around christmas time.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DudeSean

I got Ghosts. All I've played so far is the multiplayer. I like all the customization options and I'm not disappointed with the graphics. After playing the Wii versions of Call of Duty, I have no reason to complain about this.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
All I know is that Black Ops II seemed legit when it was there on Wii U launch day. I knew it was a week old game on other systems and couldn't really figure out what I should get for my last 3rd party game on Wii U, so I just went with it.

Regardless, I think this is a better entry than Black Ops II. Maybe people like zombies more than mutated animal monsters, but otherwise I'd say Ghosts is worth getting as the better multiplayer game.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

rockybalboa

I agree. It's pretty great, really fun. I wish the community was bigger so I could play the gamemode I want but oh well

rockybalboa

conman2012

The big question for meand many others is will Ghosts multiplayer grow and Blops2 multiplayer dissapear. I figure that will probably be the case.

conman2012

Emblem

dumedum wrote:

Yet another game that has no reviews on metacritic (Wii U version). Nintendo Life will review it together with Arkham Origins, ACIV, and Marvel Super Heroes sometime in 2015.

Polygon and IGN stated they didn't even receive a Wii U version to review and i'm guessing other websites didn't either which is weird considering they had PS4 & Xbox1 versions to review (Although the Xbox1 review is embargoed until next week).

Emblem

eliteforce

hi all

all im looking for a clan to join i play most evenings / night time uk time

eliteforce

ACK

The Wii U version is very solid. The game makes a good counterpoint to BO2 as they are quite different. The Wiimote controls are spot on though and I really appreciate the varied map sizes (compared to BO2s relatively small maps). If all you're interested in is multi, then it looks/runs great and is different enough from BO2 to feel fresh, yet also encourage you to keep the older game for a change of pace.

One thing that struck me about the campaign, though, is that it reminded me consistently of Bond as much as your average CoD... Maybe that's because GoldenEye for Wii used the CoD4 engine, but some of these levels and locales seem ripped straight out of a Bond game (in a good way). You're sneaking by you lonesome through the Jungle with radar, a knife and a pistol (great level), sniping on the snowy tundra en route to a large compound, scaling down the side of a sky scraper while cutting your way into the various floors at night with fireworks reflecting off the glass facade... Basically every mission recalls a Bond-type activity and even the game structure and progression feel similar to Goldeneye in striking ways. (Such as the simplicity and variety of the missions, as well as the actual missions themselves.)

It's also commendable how little hand-holding or direction (no more way points) is evident in the Campaign, without the cost of ever becoming lost. Unlike other CoDs, you have significant freedom to take various paths or make various decisions while witnessing the consequences, rather than simply failing the mission. For instance, sneaking through a compound, a shot fired will bring the hordes of soldiers occupying the facility after your team in an intense firefight (you won't fail a mission because you weren't supposed to get caught, like usual); however, if you simply walk through you'll have a leisurely stroll through the building.

Actually, nearly every mission has this sort of pivot point. The levels themselves cover impressively large ground of varied terrain (with excellent draw distance) yet all move swiftly, which keeps any level from becoming stale and is a boon for replay ability. That said, each mission seems to have alternate paths and diversions that can greatly increase the length or difficulty. Another example is my favored Jungle level. Near the end a pair of blackhawks rise over the side a of cliff. If you quickly hide and stay absolutely still, they pass and the rest of the level involves calmly navigating the jungle. If you're spotted, all hell breaks loose as your team makes a mad dash through the foliage as missiles are being rained down and trees are toppled left and right. Pretty intense.

There a lot of things to like about the campaign, yet there are some drawbacks. The ability to explore and take various paths doesn't seem to be encouraged with unique guns and attachments to find as rewards... In fact, even the enemy drops are abnormally similar. I might need to play more (and on different difficulties), but this feels lazy. In that same vein, the visuals in some areas look absolutely stunning while others are rough and unpolished. Most importantly, everything is smooth and without a hitch, but Ghosts feels more unfinished than your average CoD, no doubt.

To me it's clear that Ghosts was simply a motif to allow them to take CoD into Bond-type espionage territory and, to me, it works. While BO2's campaign was like a fierce action thriller, Ghosts takes a different slant and I appreciate the change, but it's hard not to feel the developers were somehow inspired by that earliest of console FPS...

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

NorthLightSuplx

Does this game offer the option to filter blood/gore and profanity in the single player campaign like previous entries in the series?

NorthLightSuplx

NintendoLink

Many people online on this game yet ? Thinking about buying this for the Wii U.

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

ACK

@NorthLightSuplx: Haven't seen the option, but don't most Wii U games censor based upon your parental features... Actually I don't have a clue about this. My censorship is called locking the door. Half kidding.

Mind you, I'm a husband and father with a squeamish wife and two young kids... While personally desensitized, I'm pretty cognizant to this stuff and I haven't found a lot of egregious language or outrageous gore... Don't take that has a certification or anything, but compared to the Black Ops games, Ghosts is relatively tame. If that matters.

@NintendoLink: I think it's generally been hovering around 1500-2000. It's early, but most of the modes are playable at any given, yet there is still a frustrating tendency for people to congregate in TDM and Domination.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

rallydefault

@ACK

The online community sounds a lot like the PC CoD community. In all honesty, the number of players online at any given time for PC on BLOPS 2 was about 3,000 or so, and only TDM, Deathmatch, and MAYBE Kill Confirmed had a decent amount of people in them.

rallydefault

NorthLightSuplx

ACK wrote:

@NorthLightSuplx: Haven't seen the option, but don't most Wii U games censor based upon your parental features... Actually I don't have a clue about this. My censorship is called locking the door. Half kidding.

Mind you, I'm a husband and father with a squeamish wife and two young kids... While personally desensitized, I'm pretty cognizant to this stuff and I haven't found a lot of egregious language or outrageous gore... Don't take that has a certification or anything, but compared to the Black Ops games, Ghosts is relatively tame. If that matters.

@NintendoLink: I think it's generally been hovering around 1500-2000. It's early, but most of the modes are playable at any given, yet there is still a frustrating tendency for people to congregate in TDM and Domination.

ok thank you for your time and reply. Without knowing for 100 % certain this option is available I will not purchase. I contacted Activision about this and they could not even provide an answer. I was like you can't just look at the options menu.

NorthLightSuplx

MikeLove

Is it true that the online competition is a lot weaker on the Wii-U? I remember last year someone saying that if you were just an average COD player on 360, if you played on the Wii-U you were going to be even better because the challengers were lacking. Was this/is this true?

MikeLove

ACK

@FutureAlphaMale: Probably. For several reasons: far more laid back players who rarely bother to talk (even though the gamepad mic is right there); more controllers options (many Wiimote users, like me, who despise auto aim); less serious gamers overall who just play for a good time rather than stroking a pathetic or wounded ego.

I do think the more varied skills make for a more enjoyable match. Less constant death during matches allows you to explore maps/tactics and feel like a boss if you have any skill. Generally a lot more fun for me, but in BO2 the lack of populated modes (outsides the usuals) was a drawback.

Anyway, it's small, but a good community with far less players who abuse the mic to offend or annoy. Compare playing in a library to a (special needs, if I'm not being PC) day care and you about get the idea.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.