Wii U Forum

Topic: Bethesda: No Wii U games from us; 'rather not talk about it'

Showing 21 to 40 of 70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

21. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

I would also like to know why third-partys don't seek to know about this additional user base they can make extra money from with a port.

You're making a mistake by asking this.. lol

According to him all these third party devs are going to port their games to the Wii U because its so easy. We just haven't heard about it yet, and apparently they're not supporting the console vocally because they want it to be a huge surprise!

Let him dream, Jaz. Let him dream.

SCAR392 wrote:

I think Wii U's GPU and architecture is more advanced out of all the 8th gen consoles.
Nintendo basically found a way to exponentially increase their hardware using the GPU to equal the performance of more CPU cores than 3, if I understand correctly.

lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

22. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@Scar No... They can scale it down to the PS3 but the WiiU would be virtually impossible because it's better hardware ;)

Ya, true. I mean in the way they ported Xbox 360 games to PS3, and no one even noticed. Do you think the Wii U is as powerful as PS4?
I think Wii U's GPU and architecture is more advanced out of all the 8th gen consoles.
Nintendo basically found a way to exponentially increase their hardware using the GPU to equal the performance of more CPU cores than 3, if I understand correctly.
Nintendo really beat around the bush if you ask me, but it's an overall accomplishment in terms of the progress they're going for.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

23. Posted:

@Scar The first Fallout would be a better option... The originals are always the best ;)
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by MAB

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerJunkie

24. Posted:

They know Nintendo is a machine mostly for family and kid games, so to them its not even in their mind at all to ever make a game for Nintendo.

GamerJunkie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

25. Posted:

GamerJunkie wrote:

They know Nintendo is a machine mostly for family and kid games, so to them its not even in their mind at all to ever make a game for Nintendo.

Untitled
There is a very large difference between "mostly for family and kid games", and "something for everyone"

EDIT: Shouldn't have even responded...

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

26. Posted:

GamerJunkie wrote:

They know Nintendo is a machine mostly for family and kid games, so to them its not even in their mind at all to ever make a game for Nintendo.

trying too hard (or too little, hard to tell)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

27. Posted:

Ya, the word/name Nintendo doesn't automatically mean kiddie. There has been plenty of T games from Nintendo, and even their rated E games aren't necessarily kiddie.
Nintendo doesn't generally make or publish rated M games, but Nintendo won't stop another publisher from releasing ANYTHING on their console.
As long as it passes ESRB and quality tests, AO games could show up for all Nintendo cares(Manhunt 2 for Wii was almost rated AO).

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerJunkie

28. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

GamerJunkie wrote:

They know Nintendo is a machine mostly for family and kid games, so to them its not even in their mind at all to ever make a game for Nintendo.

Untitled
There is a very large difference between "mostly for family and kid games", and "something for everyone"

Yea there is 1 pretty decent RPG coming to Wii U hurray!!!!

Wii U doesn't have something for everyone. For the upcoming year:

If a person wants to play a football game, nope

If a person wants to play a basketball game, nope

If a person wants to play an MMORPG game, nope

If a person wants to play an aRPG game, nope

If a person wants to play a soccer game, nope

And so on..... They are missing tons of genres.

They have great platformer games, kids games, family games so far, not much else. Developers also see how poorly any mature games sell and it has turned them all off.

NOTICE HOW I SAID MOSTLY KID/FAMILY GAMES. I DIDN'T SAY THEY DON'T HAVE 1 OR 2 GAMES FOR MORE MATURE AUDIENCES OR 1 GAME HERE AND THERE SPRINKLED IN OF A GENRE THEY USUALLY DON'T HAVE. BUT, OVERALL ITS A CLOSED MINDED COMPANY FOCUSED ON FAMILY FUN/KID GAMES.

Edited on by GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

29. Posted:

@GamerJunkie
You do realize Nintendo isn't to blame for the lack of 3rd party games? That includes rated M games, too.
Ever since Mortal Kombat, they knew they couldn't force censorship anymore.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

30. Posted:

@GamerJunkie Half of your genres are sports games. lol

I'm almost positive those are all grouped into just one genre. And how many MMORPGs does any console have coming? I'll agree with the close-minded part though.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sinanziric

31. Posted:

Bethesda can't run their titles on Wii U because of weak CPU. Wii U is powerful only if you are gonna develop exclusively for Wii U hardware -> then you can get much better results. And that's just one obstacle. Still really small install base is second one.

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

32. Posted:

I feel so sorry for all the Americans that have to get on their knees and beg EA for their WiiU sports fix (same game from last year repackaged) while Europe get the better sport title that is played throughout the best nations of our world... Howzat!

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

33. Posted:

Personally, Rugby is my favorite video game genre. Right next to first person portal shooters and waffle eating genres. Genres.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

34. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

a 4 million and growing install base.

You keep on throwing this 4 million figure around under the assumption that all those 4 million+ owners will buy the game.

That's not going to happen.

There is a greater chance of selling more games on 360/PS3, than there is on the Wii U. Hence, it is financially better to not release games on the Wii U.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

35. Posted:

sinanziric wrote:

Bethesda can't run their titles on Wii U because of weak CPU. Wii U is powerful only if you are gonna develop exclusively for Wii U hardware -> then you can get much better results. And that's just one obstacle. Still really small install base is second one.

Not necessarily. Nintendo will most likely be the only company developing for Wii U only. Unity isn't a Nintendo exclusive game engine, which is what many indies will be using.
The Wii U has a MODERATE CPU. Couple that with an overhauled GPU, and that tri-core CPU can perform much better than the CPU by itself.
The GPU can easily double the ammount of CPU use, because the GPU will mirror everything the CPU does 1:1.
The GPU in the Xbox One and PS4(I'm speculating here), will most likely be used to mirror the RAM. In otherwords, the RAM in Wii U is not as relatively restrained as the RAM in Xbox One.
I wouldn't doubt that a substantial ammount of RAM in the other consoles(not Wii U) is running full programs in being controlled by the CPU. That can easily wipe out individual cores that could be used for other functions in the console.
In the end, none of it matters, because the software and firmware is what actually determines what a console can do in real time situations.

The install base won't matter until PS4 and Xbox One hit the market. Nintendo is most definitely holding out.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

36. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

The install base won't matter until PS4 and Xbox One hit the market. Nintendo is most definitely holding out.

Why do you say that?

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

37. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The install base won't matter until PS4 and Xbox One hit the market. Nintendo is most definitely holding out.

Why do you say that?

Their machine is more powerful than people think, the summer OS update isn't here yet, and basically no games are out that can push the system.
They're pretty much developing their system while it's on the market.

EDIT: The final OS not being finished is a sure sign they're still figuring out how to make maximum use of the Wii U capabilities. The OS is what accesses the hardware of the console.
It would be like running MS DOS on a i7 quad core processor PC laptop with a touch screen. The OS makes functions in any device basically automatic in comparison to typing in thousands of codes to run a piece of software.
You wouldn't even be able to use the touch screen for anything in MS-DOS(or anything else), unless you programmed the PC to access those functions automatically.
That's how an OS is made.
You don't access the background on your PC every time you turn it on. The OS is coded to do tons of things automatically, so you don't have to do it manually. That can include anything from how and where the functions are taking place in the hardware.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

38. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

@GamerJunkie Half of your genres are sports games. lol

I'm almost positive those are all grouped into just one genre. And how many MMORPGs does any console have coming? I'll agree with the close-minded part though.

Playstation 4 has
Destiny
The Division
DCUO
Planetside 2
Final Fantasy 14
The Elder Scrolls Online

Xbox One has
Destiny
The Division
Elder Scrolls Online
rumored Lionhead MMO
Class 4 (state of decay mmo)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

39. Posted:

Forget Console Bethesda, their games are better on PC anyway. I've been buying PC versions of Bethesda games since I first heard of the company. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamerJunkie

40. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

@GamerJunkie Half of your genres are sports games. lol

I'm almost positive those are all grouped into just one genre. And how many MMORPGs does any console have coming? I'll agree with the close-minded part though.

I listed sports games like that because those are MAJOR sports that have millions of fans(gamers) each. Many people buy consoles just for sports games as that is a weakness of PC gaming.

I had to buy a PS4 already just to be able to play football, basketball, etc. I expected Wii U to have those games, but its unbelievable they won't have them.

Also, MMORPGs are going to be huge this generation for consoles. FFXIV is going to be great on the PS4 and they are also allowing us to play many free to play MMORPGs(for free no ps plus needed) on there too. Games like planet side 2, dc universe online, Everquest Next!!! and so on.

My point is, Nintendo just focuses on Mario and their handful of 1st party games and kid stuff like Disney infinity and lets major gamer stuff go by as if its not important. This is not a gamers console, they lied about that. A gamer will need a 2nd console to fulfill the basic genres of gaming.

GamerJunkie