Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 741 to 751 of 751

Ryu_Niiyama

@SuperLuigi111 This is a pretty straight port unlike say HW or MK8DX that have additional content. Aside from having the whole series on one machine when 3 comes out and the portability (and think there is a slight resolution bump and as slight loading time decrease) but honestly the two are close enough from what I've seen that it comes down to a what do you have and how do you want to play it scenario.

I do say this with the caveat that I didn't buy the switch version (I'll get it when 3 comes out) but the I greatly enjoyed I and II on the wiiu with no issues.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SuperLuigi111

I'm still not sure which one to get. I understand the graphics are basically the same so there's that. But I don't know what to make of the FPS. I've never really been someone who obsesses over framerate, and it's only really consciously bothered me in a few games, like Fallout 4 where it just chugs and affects gameplay. I don't know if it would be an issue for me or not on the Wii U. And I've also heard someone say that the Wii U gamepad is not utilized at all really, while someone else said that it is. Idk.

SuperLuigi111

TheCurator

@SuperLuigi111 The gamepad is fine for the game. You don't need the Pro Controller to Platinum it. Don't listen to people who literally can't play games.

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

Ryu_Niiyama

@SuperLuigi111 the framerate is unsteady on the wiiu but it doesn’t chug at all. I never had an instance where framerate made either game unplayable or even annoying. So don’t let that be a mark against the wiiu version.
Also to echo above the gamepad is just fine. I only use my pro controller when company is over.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@shadow-wolf heh i knew something got bumped but it’s been so long i mixed up what. Apologies for any misinformation.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

SuperLuigi111

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

@SuperLuigi111 the framerate is unsteady on the wiiu but it doesn’t chug at all. I never had an instance where framerate made either game unplayable or even annoying. So don’t let that be a mark against the wiiu version.
Also to echo above the gamepad is just fine. I only use my pro controller when company is over.

Thanks a bunch for that info man, really helpful. I guess at this point it will come down to which is cheaper and how soon I want it, since I don't own a Switch yet and likely won't until late October.

SuperLuigi111

shadow-wolf

@Ryu_Niiyama Don't worry about it, no need to apologize I just wanted to chime in! You were right about the other stuff!

shadow-wolf

TheCurator

I love the fact that the Master Sword is an Easter Egg reference to Dante's Rebellion from the DMC series. The two swords share the same moveset. It's really amazing and sweet that you can actually play as Dante, which perhaps indicates that the two series are canon.

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

TheCurator

It just happened to be nearly finished with the game! And yes I'm excited and satisfied. Only thing remaining is to beat Rodin since I'll not play the game in Infinite Climax or the Tag Verse mode. I've Platinum'd it in Climax 1 and 2 and perhaps I'll do also in Climax 3 in future time. And I need to mention that the Witch Trials V is really brutal. I won't finish it. Why? No spare time anymore to delve into such monstrosity. I'm satisfied so far with the other in-game achievements I managed so I'll pass this challenge.

Wii U Owner!

TheCurator

So Rosa with Bracelet of Time versus Rodin is the most broken thing in the whole gaming history. He fall in under 2 minutes after 5-6 attempts. Now I'm officially done with Bayonetta 2 BUT since I'm not planning to buy a new game until after 1 week I'll begin Climax 3 just for the sake of it. My next title will probably be Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

UPDATED: And I'm officially DONE!

Untitled

Edited on by TheCurator

Wii U Owner!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.