Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 601 to 620 of 751

Gamecubed

Started Bayo 2 last night.... I'm hooked. This is now one of my favourite franchises.

Gamecubed

Henmii

Is it just me, or is the first Bayonetta a lot harder?!

Henmii

luisesteban

In Bayo 1, she is king of slow in comparision to the enemies, but in Bayo 2 she feels sometimes overpowered and amazingly fast, but enemies are smarter than in the first game.

I can't understand why the game has sold so low.

luisesteban

Spoony_Tech

luisesteban wrote:

In Bayo 1, she is king of slow in comparision to the enemies, but in Bayo 2 she feels sometimes overpowered and amazingly fast, but enemies are smarter than in the first game.

Really? Other then die hard Nintendo fans I think it's already been noted a 1000 times you own Nintendo for first party games. I wish it wasn't true as the U is and will be my only console for the next 3 to 4 years but we will see nothing probably ever again from 3rd parties. They've been giving Nintendo a chance for the last 15 year's and I think outside of Nintendo buying a game or 2 here and there we have seen the last at least on consoles of 3rd party support worth a meaning!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

luisesteban wrote:

Considering the console's userbase it has done well. It has sold better than Donkey Kong, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Wonderful 101 in the same time frame. It's failed for people who were expecting Mario Kart 8 numbers.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JoyBoy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

the bonus areas where you have a limited number of attacks you can perform are infuriating unless you use the better combos.

You mean the one where you have to keep the combo going? Because that is the one I didn't understand, but it seems you can just use dodge to extend your combo's

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

luisesteban

The combos can be extented with the guns, it will keep it going if you lost track where the enemies are.

luisesteban

Gamecubed

luisesteban wrote:

All things considered (the size of the userbase and then how many of those users are going to be older teens and adults, and then how many of those eligible users are going to be interested in a more niche title), I'd say it's doing pretty well.

Gamecubed

kkslider5552000

Yeah, all things considered, it could be doing sooooo much worse. As Wonderful 101 proved.

Blame the crowd the literally would buy Pokemon Rumble U or whatever over this (and sadly I don;t mean just kids...) but it's doing fairly well considering what it potentially has going against it. But even ignoring console fanboyism, I am deeply annoyed when looking at games that essentially lied to their audience and disappointed through mostly agreed upon mediocrity sell so much more just because of marketing and playing to what sells. But if Bayonetta 2 makes a profit and makes everyone involved happy, I'll be satisfied.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

dkxcalibur

Okay, I need help. I'm still working through Bayonetta 1. I've found the first 3 LPs including the one split in two, but when do I get those weapons? I can only buy the Onyx Roses. i believe the other LPs contained the sword and whip but I'm not given the option to buy either??? I know I'm missing something really obvious but can someone please help point out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

JoyBoy

dkxcalibur wrote:

Okay, I need help. I'm still working through Bayonetta 1. I've found the first 3 LPs including the one split in two, but when do I get those weapons? I can only buy the Onyx Roses. i believe the other LPs contained the sword and whip but I'm not given the option to buy either??? I know I'm missing something really obvious but can someone please help point out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Some weapons you just get, you don't buy them. So check your inventory.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Henmii

Yeah, the game (Bayonetta 1) is DEFINITELY a lot harder! I guess I'll try a lower difficulty soon. Died to many times.

"Considering the console's userbase it has done well. It has sold better than Donkey Kong, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Wonderful 101 in the same time frame"

And keep in mind the download sales. Nintendo never gives specifics, but I can imagine there are still people around who are willing to download it. So in a few years when not a single shop has it in stock anymore, there may still be people downloading it.

One thing though: I thought Nintendo was the new Bayonetta owner? So why do I still see Sega in the credits?

Henmii

C-Olimar

luisesteban wrote:

Nintendo were in charge of marketing.

C-Olimar

kkslider5552000

C-Olimar wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

It's literally doing the same as it did on either of the M-rated obsessed consoles that had way more people who owned it. It's doing fine.

Dave24

kkslider5552000 wrote:

the bonus areas where you have a limited number of attacks you can perform are infuriating unless you use the better combos.

Or charge the attack. Those are stupid easy. Sword + durga fire and you beat it with half of required attacks. Little harder is the one with torture attacks.

The answer to the question why Bayonetta is selling like that is realy simple - it'a king of the genre that is pretty dead. Think about it. Remember early 2000s-2008? Games with fighting system this complex/fast were coming out in droves, for one Onimusha, DMC or Ninja Gaiden there were other ripoffs, but now? It's all about slow beat'em ups. Last year there was DmC which for a series with history that big should sell like crazy, and yet it barely hit 2 mln mark if I remember correctly. Same with Metal Gear Rising, another Platinum game. That's why Itagaki with Devils Thirs changed the game drastically to pretty much third person shooter with fpp to spice it up and not a game in dead genre.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

faint

Henmii wrote:

Yeah, the game (Bayonetta 1) is DEFINITELY a lot harder! I guess I'll try a lower difficulty soon. Died to many times.

"Considering the console's userbase it has done well. It has sold better than Donkey Kong, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Wonderful 101 in the same time frame"

And keep in mind the download sales. Nintendo never gives specifics, but I can imagine there are still people around who are willing to download it. So in a few years when not a single shop has it in stock anymore, there may still be people downloading it.

One thing though: I thought Nintendo was the new Bayonetta owner? So why do I still see Sega in the credits?

sega owns the ip but nintendo owns bayo two due to owning the code.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

PugHoofGaming

C-Olimar wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

That's one reason, but let's not forget that while we know Bayonetta is brilliant - It's still very much a niche IP. After all, it took Nintendo to step in and fund a sequel.

Founder & Video Producer, Pug Hoof Gaming - https://www.youtube.com/PugHoofGaming

Nintendo Network ID: WhiteSpyderZero | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Chapter 8-Ok yes, I am stretching this out so I don't finish both games ASAP.

...but chapter 8 of Bayonetta turns into a motorcycle rail shooter

It is technically the worse part of the game so far in terms of controls or whatever but I couldn't help but love it.

SavoirFaire

Dave24 wrote:

The answer to the question why Bayonetta is selling like that is realy simple - it'a king of the genre that is pretty dead.

That is really spot on, and it's actually a damn shame. What genre's are strong anymore? FPS and 3rd person action/adventure with combat seem to be the only strong genres I can think of, and sports games as an overall genre itself. 2d/3d platformers, RTS, 4x (turn based strat), dungeon crawling RPGs they all just seem so few and far between anymore. Ugh. at least I can say I lived through the golden (and likely silver..) age of gaming and had a blast!

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

kkslider5552000

To be fair, stuff like Shovel Knight will win in the long run when Titanfall is inevitably run into the ground and Shovel Knight will still be a classic that makes money during its 30th time having a sale (people still buy the NES Marios or even stuff like Gargoyle's Quest so I feel this is actually true).

In the same way that I could name a bunch of halfway decent selling 1995 games that feel irrelevant compared to Earthbound.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.