Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 581 to 600 of 751

JoyBoy

SavoirFaire wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Does anyone know If triggering 'witch time' is possible against those 'tigerish' fast enemies with claws when you dodge? Because I wasn't able to do it.

Ok i thought that was just me. I'm not ashamed to admit I switched the game from easy to normal when you had to fight 2 pairs of those back to back. I just couldn't do it!

I actually have found that i enjoyed bayo 1/2 better on easy first playthrough, just to buy abilities and weapons, then going a second time on normal and trying not to suck. i haven't magaged to get more than a silver for a chapter yet tho My reflexes arent what they used to be.

From easy to normal!? You're a masochist aren't you?

Now that I look back, I think it's funny how I was trying to go for Gold each time. I gave that up soon enough "What a day"... Those pesky quicktime events!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

kkslider5552000

Here was the entirely normal thing that happened in chapter 3 of Bayonetta 1, between the crazy action.

I randomly found a secret dimension where I could walk on water and get an hourglass to take back with me to send the area back in time so I could cross the bridge area.

...that happened.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JoyBoy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Here was the entirely normal thing that happened in chapter 3 of Bayonetta 1, between the crazy action.

I randomly found a secret dimension where I could walk on water and get an hourglass to take back with me to send the area back in time so I could cross the bridge area.

...that happened.

Yes, what a night and day experience that was. Also, I love the music played in this game. It sets the right mood. From some classical stuff to the "I am a woman beating creepy angels so deal with it" music.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Dave24

Spanjard wrote:

SavoirFaire wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Does anyone know If triggering 'witch time' is possible against those 'tigerish' fast enemies with claws when you dodge? Because I wasn't able to do it.

Ok i thought that was just me. I'm not ashamed to admit I switched the game from easy to normal when you had to fight 2 pairs of those back to back. I just couldn't do it!

I actually have found that i enjoyed bayo 1/2 better on easy first playthrough, just to buy abilities and weapons, then going a second time on normal and trying not to suck. i haven't magaged to get more than a silver for a chapter yet tho My reflexes arent what they used to be.

Now that I look back, I think it's funny how I was trying to go for Gold each time. I gave that up soon enough "What a day"... Those pesky quicktime events!

QTE are the worst thing in this game, thankfully, they've got rid of them in 2 and still they are better than in previous version. But getting Gold rank unless you are used to this kind of game can be problematic most of the time. Either be your skill, weapons, not enough life, so it's best not to concern yourself with the score until you unlock most of the moves/upgrades/weapons.
Also, if from easy to normal is masochist, than normal to hard on first try must be suicide. And it kinda is, when you don't have that long health bar.

Spanjard wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

...that happened.

Yes, what a night and day experience that was. Also, I love the music played in this game. It sets the right mood. From some classical stuff to the "I am a woman beating creepy angels so deal with it" music.

And it only happens twice in the entire game. Kinda underdeveloped thing. Just like in God of War 2.

Now some "helpful" info for anyone who will replay the game or section over and over again.

If you want to skip cutscene and you are tired of pressing start, skip and accepting it, you can just press ZR + select and it will skip the cutscene instantly.

Also, Bayonetta 2 feels not playtested enough - on infinite climax, the game plain sucks, because of how unfairly big your hitbox is and how small hitbox does enemy have. That, and avoiding living hell out of you. On 2nd Climax you won't see it, on 3rd maybe at times, but on Infinite be prepared for cheap deaths.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

crimsoncavalier

I found the game extremely difficult. And I'm playing on easiest mode. I'm not good at these games. I'm loving the game, don't get me wrong, but there are enemies that are just impossible to dodge. And I hate how enemies can start attacking me in the middle of a combo. How can you hit me when I'm beating the crap out of you?

I got one stone, a lot of bronze, mostly silver, a few gold and one platinum on easy mode, beating the game. Additionally, I find it really hard to finish in "gold" or better time AND avoid damage. It seems if I rush, I get hit, but if I take my time, I end up with bronze or stone in Time.

Like I said, I suck at these games.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

luisesteban

In hell there is some very dificult enemies, but the game is playable and enjoydable. I was kind of scare when a demon turn me into "Ceresita" for a few seconds

luisesteban

SavoirFaire

Spanjard wrote:

Whoops from Normal to Easy 😉

I had to downgrade to progress as I got tired of hearing "and the shadow something something" every minute or two. It sucks to realize you're old and the hand/eye coordination aren't what they used to be, but perhaps it is a practice thing.

Is there a way to determine if you got all the witch graves on a level? I see that's a bewitchment but no obvious way to track like crows and portals.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

Dave24

SavoirFaire wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Whoops from Normal to Easy 😉

I had to downgrade to progress as I got tired of hearing "and the shadow something something" every minute or two. It sucks to realize you're old and the hand/eye coordination aren't what they used to be, but perhaps it is a practice thing.

Is there a way to determine if you got all the witch graves on a level? I see that's a bewitchment but no obvious way to track like crows and portals.

No. And if I remember correctly, there is no such thing as checking portals in the first one. That would've been useful feature, right?

You are probably talking about 2nd game, so I'll tell you this - it only counts those that have time trail. You don't have to search for other if you want to unlock this bewitchment

Dave24

shingi_70

Game didn't chart on the NPD but it hear that it and sunset would have charted if the NPD were for individual games.

Also druveclub bombed apparently.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

The chapter 4 boss battle (Bayonetta 1) was awesome but it was also kinda needlessly annoying at points. Mainly trying to stay on those platforms without fall down. I have a feeling I'm not gonna enjoy the first one quite as much as Wonderful 101 because of things like that.

Dave24

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The chapter 4 boss battle (Bayonetta 1) was awesome but it was also kinda needlessly annoying at points. Mainly trying to stay on those platforms without fall down. I have a feeling I'm not gonna enjoy the first one quite as much as Wonderful 101 because of things like that.

Well, if you make it bothersome for yourself, then I agree. You don't have to stand on the platform. Actually, if you want to stand on it, you make it harder for yourself and you are only doing it to yourself. It's your fault, not the game.
The most bothersome boss in the game, however, is in Chapter XIII. And boss reduced to mini-boss status in XV.

Pahvi wrote:

Regretting my purchase more and more every time I try playing the first game. Haven't gotten around to the sequel, but I suppose I will have either given up completely at that point or I have twisted my mind to think I enjoy playing the games. The twin slasher enemies (fire + electricity) in chapter 5(?) are bothersome.

1. Dodge
2. If you have problem dodging, buy selene's light, it makes the game easier and can help you understand timing of witch time
3. Don't use the guns for the whole game, because it makes you probably tear your hair out - just equip Shuraba

They are only annoying in chapter V (although with shuraba they are much easier than with guns, because guns do little dmg) - as soon as you unlock Durga (which by beating chapter V you unlock) fight with them is easy. Especially when you equip sword too

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

JoyBoy

I have to say, the 2nd game is a lot more forgiving than the first, or maybe I just got better? I did get better though but al the attacks are more noticable which is a good thing. So far it also doesn't seem to have the annoying bits the first game suffered from.

So to anyone who feels a bit overwhelmd by the first game, I say skip it and try the 2nd game and maybe try the first later on.

SW-7849-9887-2074

erv

Ah good to see you in on the bandwagon

I've just finished bayonetta 2 and absolutely love this game. I'm going to keep playing it for a long time I guess - there's just too much fun:) I do wonder how I unlock all the costumes though, as I've bought some stuff for 30 thousand halos only to get her some skimpy wings that look tacked on. Oh well, naked is always better anyways.

I've got to say though, I only learned how to concoct on the final boss battle, where I really needed it for the first time in order to win. How on earth I could've missed that is beyond me...

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

luisesteban

The 2nd is far much better than the first. The ending is quite good, the history is good, even with two holes:
I think they never explain why Gomorrah looses from Bayonetta's control in the first chapter, she gots to hell and nothing was going on in there.The trip to hell was kind of unnecesary if Rodin can enter and exit so much easily

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

Dave24

luisesteban wrote:

The 2nd is far much better than the first. The ending is quite good, the history is good, even with two holes:

Gomorrah got loose because there is world loosing balance and all that - if Luka's lenght exposition and Loki saying again and again that "there can't be only evil left" is not enough, than I'm sorry. And trip to hell was neccesary, I don't know how you people play the games nowadays. Rodin clearly states in the first and second game that he want to have nothing to do with Bayonetta other than business and he doesn't want to help her on her quest. He actually even states that he would be the first to feast on her corpse. He had no interest in helping Bayonetta with retreving the Jeanne's soul, he only helped her get there kinda, because he wanted to make a new wapon.

That's nothing more than nitpick. The worst is actually ending

I don't know how blind you are, but creating a loophole and sending greatest evil back instead of destroying it (or hell, even guarding it, go past with it and there destroy him) and leaving it at that is not good ending, it's as idiotic as leaving black soul gem with Diablo in it to just wonder around the world

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

Rapido

What can I say, really really excellent game. Haven't played the first game, But I'm going through it now and loving it. Brings back the old days of DMC glory where the difficulty is not for everyone and technique is a must. Completing Alfheim for each stage! Is the 2nd game easier?

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

Gamecubed

Replaying the first one for the first time in quite a few years (I had it on PS3 and I sold it to a friend). I'm almost finished with it. I played the first few chapters on normal (and I did okay) but found I had to bump it down to easy in order to really enjoy the game without having white knuckles. I don't play a lot of these types of games anymore, so maybe that's my issue.

I'm really excited about starting the second game soon. It's just a matter of finding the time to sit down and have a solid play session. It's getting harder and harder for me to find the time to make any real progress in a game these days. I hope to start Bayo 2 sometime next week.

Gamecubed

kkslider5552000

the bonus areas where you have a limited number of attacks you can perform are infuriating unless you use the better combos.

faint

Pahvi wrote:

Regretting my purchase more and more every time I try playing the first game. Haven't gotten around to the sequel, but I suppose I will have either given up completely at that point or I have twisted my mind to think I enjoy playing the games. The twin slasher enemies (fire + electricity) in chapter 5(?) are bothersome.

Stupid of me getting on the hype train, stupid of me preordering, stupid of me thinking I'd like a game in this genre. Mea culpa.

bayo 2 is eazyer than bayo 1. i also recomend trying diffrent wepon combos and finding out what works for you. also don't forget the lollipops. on big yello and one big red and those two will cower before you.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

faint

kkslider5552000 wrote:

the bonus areas where you have a limited number of attacks you can perform are infuriating unless you use the better combos.

yup those are the only bonus areas out of the two games i can't complete.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.