Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 561 to 580 of 751

Dave24

Instead of forward, try left or right - this game can get stingy with combos sometimes. The game doesn't like when you take long to move in the direction.

I don't know why you would bother with Kafka though - it's pretty usless if you ask me.

Dave24

Xilef

Still can't do it. :/ Also i use Kafka because i find it a pretty fun to use and it's good when i try to keep a long, safe distance.

Xilef

Dave24

Xilef wrote:

Still can't do it. :/ Also i use Kafka because i find it a pretty fun to use and it's good when i try to keep a long, safe distance.

I guess you bought the move in question (and not pressing attack and lock on at the same time,but just hold zl and attack after), but other then holding the stick in slightly the wrong direction I have no idea. I just turned on the game and tried it and for me it works fine, except when the direction is slightly off

Dave24

Xilef

I can do the one where you hold down ZL and pres backwards and attacking just fine. Is it not the same thing with this one, just the opposite direction?

Xilef

Dave24

It is. Like I've said, if you bought the combination from the shop, other than being slightly off with direction, I have no idea. I can do it just fine (except times when it is slightly off to left/right and pressing x too fast when I tried to recreate it).

Dave24

Xilef

The combo was there when i got the wepeon, actually. Anyway, thanks very much for your help. I'll continue trying.

Xilef

Dave24

Maybe try pressing forward twice and then the button? Or check the shop

Dave24

Xilef

Didn't work. My timings probably of, i'll keep traininng.

Xilef

JaxonH

Beat the first game and Im already well into the second. 10 out of 10 maybe even then some.

What astounds me is the sheer number of gamers who do not own a Wii U spouting off about how Bayonetta 2 "isn't as good as reviews say it is" and that "The only reason people are saying it's good is because we're starved for games". Go on N4G and this is the widely accepted view, in an effort to dismiss the game as a candidate for GotY.

I'm thinking ya, the game has a 9.2 on Metacritic and has scored more perfect 10's from anti-Nintendo review sites than any other game in the past year. Clearly those reviewers at pro-Nintendo sites like GameSpot (lol) were just starved for games, since they don't ever play and review the other consoles (again, lol).

It's just gotten to a point where it's sad. Gamers can't even acknowledge a great game when it's on a console they have no interest in. And furthermore, no matter how many fantastic games they secretly desire on that console, they stubbornly refuse to show any interest in it whatsoever.

Welcome to the gaming community 2014

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

luisesteban

Beat the game today, and I like very much what happened, totally expecting Bayonetta 3 on Wii U hopefully

luisesteban

MsJubilee

JaxonH wrote:

Beat the first game and Im already well into the second. 10 out of 10 maybe even then some.

What astounds me is the sheer number of gamers who do not own a Wii U spouting off about how Bayonetta 2 "isn't as good as reviews say it is" and that "The only reason people are saying it's good is because we're starved for games". Go on N4G and this is the widely accepted view, in an effort to dismiss the game as a candidate for GotY.

I'm thinking ya, the game has a 9.2 on Metacritic and has scored more perfect 10's from anti-Nintendo review sites than any other game in the past year. Clearly those reviewers at pro-Nintendo sites like GameSpot (lol) were just starved for games, since they don't ever play and review the other consoles (again, lol).

It's just gotten to a point where it's sad. Gamers can't even acknowledge a great game when it's on a console they have no interest in. And furthermore, no matter how many fantastic games they secretly desire on that console, they stubbornly refuse to show any interest in it whatsoever.

Welcome to the gaming community 2014

That's why i stay away from sites like that or any other gaming sites except this one.Cause oh my god is crazy how much hatred people have against each other for liking a system or favorite game they don't like cause it's made from a company they say sucks.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

SavoirFaire

I have to warn people: playing 1 and 2 back to back for the first time may put you at an awesomeness saturation point, in case you didn't know that existed.

I think the category of "gamer" is pretty wide open, however anyone that bashes a game or system just because of some mindless vendetta or peer pressure isn't a gamer, they are a fool.

Nintendo deserves an immense amount of love for helping get this game, which may be a loss for them, to market.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

JoyBoy

Does anyone know If triggering 'witch time' is possible against those 'tigerish' fast enemies with claws when you dodge? Because I wasn't able to do it.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dave24

Spanjard wrote:

Does anyone know If triggering 'witch time' is possible against those 'tigerish' fast enemies with claws when you dodge? Because I wasn't able to do it.

Tigerish? If you mean those white hacks (gracious and glorious it was?) in the first game, then the only way to do it is with Bracelets or Selene's.

Dave24

JoyBoy

Dave24 wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

Tigerish? If you mean those white hacks (gracious and glorious it was?) in the first game, then the only way to do it is with Bracelets or Selene's.

Yeah, in the first game, they always come in pair. When you kill them, you can pick up their claws. I don't know what their name was though.

Bracelets or Selene's? This is my first try at this game and I'm bad with names so... It's pretty weird because I do remember I witch timed those donkeys and I even did just now. But it almost seems like there are little parts in the game where you just can't, like some bosses etc. Anyway, I don't want to frustrate myself with trying to use witch time if it's not even possible.

But that aside, this game is great. It has a lot of similarities with the 101, like enemy design etc, sometimes even to obvious haha, Luka anyone?

SW-7849-9887-2074

luisesteban

It's possible to trigger the witch time with them, are quite dificult, but is possible.

luisesteban

Dave24

If you are talking about electric/fire ones, you can activate witch time, but it can get complicated sometimes when they are spamming attacks. But they have a different versions where both of them are white, with them, you can't use witch time.

Bracelets of time are extremely useful, because you can activate witch time whenever you want, depleting your magic gauge and in the first game this gauge is pretty useless, so you can equip this item and have the game much, much more managable. But first you need to unlock it, which in itself if not equipped or skilled enough, you will have a hard time.

Selene's Light you can buy in shop for 100k halos and it gives witch time when you are hit - it's not that much useful, but when you don't have bracelets, it can help you with harder sections where witch time is forbidden.

With those item, you can activate witch time no problem. As for bosses, you probably mean Jeanne - you can activate witch time while dodging only wicked weaves (you know, finishers of combo, when they do fists/boots from their hair) and later when she is on motorcycle.

Dave24

JoyBoy

Yeah I figured that it was probably my own mistake. Sometimes I'm really into it and I see everything come and go, but other times I just need more sleep I think xD

Thanks Dave, I just saw your post, that is very good info!

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

SavoirFaire

Spanjard wrote:

Ok i thought that was just me. I'm not ashamed to admit I switched the game from easy to normal when you had to fight 2 pairs of those back to back. I just couldn't do it!

I actually have found that i enjoyed bayo 1/2 better on easy first playthrough, just to buy abilities and weapons, then going a second time on normal and trying not to suck. i haven't magaged to get more than a silver for a chapter yet tho My reflexes arent what they used to be.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.