Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1) - OT

Posts 541 to 560 of 751

crimsoncavalier

I'm one of those people who never played the original, so I was excited when this bundle came out. Got it at launch, as it was my most anticipated game of the season. I don't usually play action/fighting games like this, but I am blown away. The game is phenomenal. I'm having so much fun. And I haven't even started Bayo 2 yet, still talking about Bayo 1! If Bayonetta 2 is better than the first, it will have to be the best game of the year, by a landslide.

I suck at the game though ... it's brutal. My only complaint is dying during cut-scenes. Happens every time. But overall, Bayonetta 1 is the best game I've played all year, on any console, period. I can't wait to beat it, unlock all the LPs and then hop into Bayo 2.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Dave24

Beat Bayonetta 2 and... well, it is an awesome game, but by the end I felt little cheated. It's shorter than original (took me 8 hrs with little exploration etc.) and only like 16 chapters, 2 or 3 of which are boss battles. It is great game and I know I will play the hell out of it and try to platinum and unlock everything, but I would feel better if there would be 4 more chapters and not ending so bad it feels insulting. I mean, it's plothole so big it makes Diablo 3 ending a writing masterpiece worth all the awards there are. It just felt little rushed, even though it was delayed constantly for nearly 2 years...

I'm still happy with what we've got, but I would've appreciate it more if there would've been more and not felt so rushed, especially the last stage and boss. At least it's released and it's good, so there is replay value. The only thing I absolutely hate about this game are enemies that can kill you in one hit - that's annoying.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

Captain_Toad

kkslider5552000 wrote:

reminder that anyone who doesn't buy this is a horrible human being :3

But I'm broke 'nd WiiU-less. :/

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Olliemar28

Finished Bayonetta 2 the other day - absolutely incredible game! Best game of the year, possibly the best on Wii U, and one of the best ever made.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

luisesteban

I'm having a lot of work, so can't give the most of time that would like to the game, last night I've completed the 2nd encounter with the Lumen. It was a totally amazing fight.

luisesteban

crimsoncavalier

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I agree. This game is a must-own for all Wii U owners.

My only gripe so far is that it doesn't seem possible to save mid-chapter. In Bayo one, as soon as it saved your progress, you could exit out to the main menu, and come back later and pick up from that save point.

Twice now, when that happened in Bayo 2, I quit and came back later, but had to restart the entire chapter. That to me is super lame.

crimsoncavalier

Dave24

crimsoncavalier wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

My only gripe so far is that it doesn't seem possible to save mid-chapter. In Bayo one, as soon as it saved your progress, you could exit out to the main menu, and come back later and pick up from that save point.

Twice now, when that happened in Bayo 2, I quit and came back later, but had to restart the entire chapter. That to me is super lame.

You were unlucky I guess - for me it saves mid-chapter and boss fight just fine.

Dave24

crimsoncavalier

Dave24 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You were unlucky I guess - for me it saves mid-chapter and boss fight just fine.

Aww man ... I wonder what I did wrong? Well, either way, it's good to know it's just me and not the game. No more gripes.

crimsoncavalier

kkslider5552000

Time to play this tomorrow. Will my brain be able to handle all the insanity? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JoyBoy

So I wasn't going to buy this game so soon because I have other games still to play, but I did it anyway since I saw a good deal online(digital game codes ftw) And I still wanted to make use of the premium stuff till the end of the year in case I forgot about it because SMASH.

Anyway, looking forward playing this game, whenever that is.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dave24

I won't spoil anything for anyone, so I will only say that weapon unlocked by beating 3rd climax is not only cool looking and funny, but also incredibly useful and awesome. It is totally worth it, although perfume for it not as much, sadly.

I love it how the game doesn't punish you for exploring the level. That's what I kinda hated in DMC games, if you wanted S, you had to go through the stage as fast as possible, but not too fast to actually manage to get good combo (actually, this game is better than any DMC game). Here it only sums up verses, which is great and I wish more games did something like that. Especially when some of the umbran crows are real challange to find and catch.

Overall though I am kinda dissapointed with 3rd Climax - it is only hard, because it's cheap. It is not that big of a deal that timing of witch time is changed, but spamming AI and bosses avoiding the hell out of you and your attacks sliding through them is annoying.

Dave24

kkslider5552000

So the intro to Bayonetta 1 intentionally has you start combat while it starts some story exposition you don't care about. I'm certain the game knew exactly what it was doing when it did that and I love it.

Octane

For those who spent countless night awake, worrying about the sales of Bayonetta 2; VGChartz has Bayonetta listed as the Global Top Seller of two weeks ago, with 197,087 copies. Now people, take a breath, a good night of sleep and enjoy your game!

Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41938/Global/

Edited on by Octane

Octane

luisesteban

The game came in oct 24, and those numbers are til oct 25, so is nice, when the info is updated, I hope that shows a lot more of sales.

luisesteban

DefHalan

Also those numbers don't count digital, which I gotmine digital

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

so it already beat Wonderful 101's sales unless literally no one else buys it

it's almost like a sequel to a game that people know about would do better than releasing a super niche new IP the same time as GTA V! What a concept, who could've predicted that?!

According to them it was also the best selling game of that week but to be fair it seems like it was a slower week otherwise...

kkslider5552000

I was surprised playing chapter 1 of Bayonetta that it gave me breathing room to do things other than crazy fighting. Wonderful 101 is a game I'd never play more than 1 chapter of just because it's too much to play for any long period of time.

Honestly it ended really anti-climatically.

Xilef

I need some help. With the bow, there is a combo where you need to hold ZL and press forward as you attack. But i'm doing something wrong, since it only becomes normal attacks. What do i need to do?

Xilef

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.